Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trapped Dead - a rival for ZRPG?

zool

Arcane
Dueren, Germany, April 30th 2010 - Headup Games, an independently financed publishing company for core PC titles located near Cologne in Germany is proud to announce its next project for 2010: Trapped Dead.

Trapped Dead is a tactical real time strategy game in the tradition of classics such as “Commandos” and “Desperados”. You and your friends control your characters in a 3rd person isometric view through a mature Zombie survival scenario inspired by the successful Horror movies of the early 80s. A co-op mode for up to 4 players is included as well.

The story takes place in the early 80s in a small town names Hedge Hill near Kansas City, Missouri. The sowing of a new genetically modified type of corn caused the exis-tence of a new virus which mutated through the natural food chain. A dog bite of an infected animal caused a local outbreak of the virus which rapidly infected the inhabi-tants of the idyl¬lic provincial town. Mike and Gerald, two college boys, are thrown into the middle of a terrifying horror scenario. Having pulled over to a gas station near Hedge Hill during what was meant to be an enjoyable road trip, they are unaware of the virus which has already reached the gas station and its staff…

Trapped Dead is scheduled for release late November 2010 exclusively for PC.

Please also check: www.trappeddead.com
About Headup Games
Headup Games GmbH & Co. KG is an independently financed publishing company located near Cologne in Germany, founded 1st January 2009. The company targets primarily at male core gamers. In close cooperation with its partners Headup Games releases high quality PC titles in the classical game genres while putting the contentment and gaming experience of the customers first. Supported by a strong distribution network in all key territories the products are planned to be released worldwide. More information can be found in the near future @ www.headupgames.com.

A handful of screenshots are available here. Also, the official site is not yet functional but it does have a gorgeous background with a nice PA/zombie atmosphere.

bg.jpg

It is real time (hopefully with a pause system) and there doesn't seem to be much RPG elements but it still looks nice. The story looks very banal tough. However, the fact that the developer emphasizes that it targets male hardcore gamers indicates there is a chance it may be popamole-proof.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Screenies look great. If they don't fuck it up it will be orsum. :M

reaven

Educated
Im looking forward this game. Finally a zombie game that is not about killing everything on sight. I hope.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Two thumbs up for the screens. It also looks like they do already have a publisher so there is a certain chance it's not vaporware.

But it will be very hard to sell this cool 80s stuff to the gaming proles of 2010.

Ermm

Erudite
It would probably be rival except that ZRPG will probably be released at best 4 years later.

Silellak

Cipher
Trapped Dead - a rival for ZRPG?
Uh, no? It sounds very much unlike ZRPG, actually. Each of them has an entirely different focus and thus a largely different target audience. You may as well call Dead Rising 2 a rival for ZRPG, since they both have zombies in them.

zool

Arcane
Oh yeah, the title is just a catch phrase. Apart from the fact that they both focus on zombies and seem to be using a camera angle close to good old isometric, they're different. Trapped Dead is a tactical real time strategy game, ZRPG is .. uh.. well, a RPG.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So, it is out -- is anyone playing this? Any impressions?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
My impression is they went with the right price -- $10 on Steam now (although I think it was released earlier elsewhere). From the feedback I'm reading it seems the game suffers from more than a few bugs/poor controls, the co-op doesn't work, etc. Moreover it's published by Head-up games who invariably put out trash that is almost never supported.

There is, however, a demo if you are so inclined and... er... apparently it's a browser based demo.

Edit: Just watched a let's play, it's only about ~5 hours long. Sort of plays like the Freedom Force games. Hilarious they had this pegged at a forty euro price a year ago.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
See for yourself~ Personally I think it looks fairly half assed. Considering the Freedom Force games are only $5 and probably superior I wouldn't bother with this at its current price -- even at $10.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I saw it today on steam and thought it was pretty promisng, mostly because it compares itself to Commandos and Desperados - i.e. RT tactical strategy. But now seeing the videos, i am not even sure there are some skills. Looks like a popamoling arcade game. Graphics are nice though.

Multi-headed Cow

As much of a zombie whore as I am I think I'll skip this unless it ends up being a dollar in a bundle on Steam or something. Doesn't look very promising. Plus Project Zomboid only ran me $8, is supposedly going to be on Steam soon, and sounds like it'll be a hell of a lot better than this once it's done. Unless they pull a Every Other Indie Game That Lets You Buy Before It's Done on me.

But they won't.

Right? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom