Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Transport Jew(iant) - can the hivemind into transport business?

passenger railway to transport people to work camps
cheese

sell the oil to the sheeple and only allow that form of energy for 200 years muh hah ha ha haha

Lindblum

Augur
Cheese and Petrol.
PICT0174.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Wait, hold on! No baby-meat? COME ON GUYS. We had the opportunity to be masterful space jews drowning babies in great big vats of petroleum, and then harvesting their tender meat.

I register a protest vote for baby-meat even though everyone is on the cheese bandwagon, but I also vote for petroleum. Let's ruin the world with oily abandon.

Zeriel

Arcane
But we won't get in on the ground floor. We'll be like Microsoft always trying to get in on the smartphone market, while neanderthals lord it over us with their hip iVeal babymeat brands.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Milking the Cash Cow

Quote of the update:

"Business is war. I go out there, I want to kill the competitors. I want to make their lives miserable. I want to steal their market share. I want them to fear me and I want everyone on my team thinking we're going to win." - Kevin O'Leary, Canadian Venture Capitalist, Investor and Entrepreneur

I build us the new road and terminal.

The first barrels of milk leave the farm. The crossing here hopefully won't affect our profits much. Otherwise we may need a bridge, which costs 2,5 million. Yes, bridges and tunnels are expensive as fuck.

kotick.png
: Do you smell that Neanderthals? It is your Achilles heel - cheese. Now come out fools! Come out so I can slaughter you all!

Either way the the first batch of cheese makes its way to Mitterau. Compared to fruits we're getting about 8k more yehzah off it for the same distance. Processed goods are worth more.

Another things about freight rates. I looked in the manual and surprise surprise, travel speed affects it as well, not just distance. Different goods have different curves (it's a geometric equation I believe), passengers and FMCG stuff like eggs, baby meat etc. pays the most for quick delivery.

The Orchard (yes I forgot to rename the damn thing) now produces 7 more fruit per year. I think there is a multiplier based on which year it is that affects production of industries which would explain while they're pretty low now. Normally I didn't see production rising without a "factory expanded" event which doubles output instantly. So it may be based on difficulty level.

Events for single factories/farms like this one can also happen.

kotick.png
: Yes! I smell an opportunity, now let's see where this factory is....

Cleve-1.png
: Increased freight rates, this will surely aid my business venture. At the same time I will be able to guide these sapiens into a new era of enlightenment, one free of the vile influence of our accursed foe.

kotick.png
: He is here! Oh how I longed for this day. I cannot let him see me. Not until I am prepared to bind him once again into the chains he thought he broke free from all those eons ago.

It is getting rather crowded on the milk line, we need to spend that 2 million on the bridge pronto.

However first I build us that petroleum line. A new locomotive becomes available.

It doesn't have the raw force of the model we're using exclusively now. However it is faster and it is very reliable. This is actually important, because this means it has far more range than anything else we have, so we can now build longer lines without the train exploding before reaching a station with a repair depot.

kotick.png
: Ah yes oil. They do not know it yet, but within the next few decades we'll make them lust for it, we'll make them kill and slaughter each other like the animals they are. And they'll do it willingly because they'll want every last drop of this thick black liquid and they'll never have enough. Ha, ha, HAHAHAAHAHAAHA!

Here's a look at the railway's profits. Nearly 2 million a year as I expected.

I build us that bridge above the tracks to speed up movement. It will probably pay for itself within 10 or 20 years.

Oh great, looks like we caused major traffic congestion.

I fixed it by building a new road bypassing the center of Mitterau, the least turns a vehicle has to make the better as the vehicle behind it need to wait until it finishes a turn before it can continue forward. Also I split up some of the trafic

Oh yes we got a new locomotive again, let's see this one.

This one has good traction, although it's not more reliable or faster than what were using now. It's good for mass transit of passengers or goods on short distances though.

The Oil line is making us over a 1.2 million annually with just 11 konjads.

The milk and cheese line is making us nearly 900k per year, with 38 konjads. That's not really good although it should be over one million once they do a full year using the new bridge and road layout.

The fruit line is making us just 300-ish per year (must have gotten the numbers wrong in the previous update).

As you can see we're clearly making the most of the railway business.

Our jewgold flow summary. So far we've made nearly 30 million jewgold in 9 years. Our annual revenue is over 6 million with expenses being around 2 million. Once the horses die and become obsolete we will have far more expenses as there are bigger utility and repair costs for trucks. But we'll need less of them at least.

Let's take a look at our AI competitors:

The AI clearly lacks the zionist business acumen of the Melonheads. We're lightyears ahead. Yes, it is dumb as shit. You'll get to see what it does a bit later.

Either way we have over 10 million jewgold and with these profts and new vehicles we can start building big.

As a result I have combined the old projects into bigger ones and forgo posting the costs in some cases as we have so much yehudimzahav that it's pointless. This will change as more advanced things become available and the infrastructure/vehicles costs jump.

The new investment projects are:

Fertilizer Chain: I spotted a nice oil field near a lab which is near a fertilizer factory which is a near a fruit farm. There's probably a town nearby so you can easily say this is the whole damn supply chain we're talking about here. We're gonna use konjads obviously. Railway is too far and the whole thing is too cluttered and close to make it work there (not enough room for stations/turns)

Baby meat-Passenger Railway: Turns out there is a nice pig farm near Hoellbruck. We'll build the plain railway for passengers to mitterau there first and expand ASAP to transport pigs to the babymeat factory next to the orchard. It's a long journey but our new locomotives can make it.

Clothing Chain: gotta exploit that chinese sweatshop complex (I need to rename that factory). This is WOOL 1+WOOL 2 basically.

All our options are:

Expand the current network:
- there is some random stuff around like the baby meat from the previous update, a fertilizer factory near the lab we just stated delivering oil to and that town next to Eisensted which could use a railroad. Consider this choice all that in one package
- this one is pretty cheap as it utilizes a lot of what we already have
- expands the rail network a bit
- helps Mitterau grow faster

Fertilizer Chain
- nearly 2 million for the infrastructure and probably another two or three million on the konjads.
- increases our reliance on oil prices
- gives us a new road network we may use for other stuff as there is some other industry around

Baby meat-Passenger Railway
- 4 million for all the new stations and rails, probably about 7 if you consider upgrading to double tracks. Oh and at least 10 for the locomotives needed to get it to full capacity.
- expands our rail network far so we can build railroads in new places in the future

Clothing Chain
- less than 2 million for the roadwork, expect at least another 2 or possibly 4 million for the horses

Pick two of the above.

As a side note I wanted to add that Mitterau is growing faster because of all the goods we're delivering. There are some bigger towns though so it keeps jumping on and off the passenger demand list in the other big towns. That's another reason to pick Expand the current network as it will open up long distance railway options if we get Mitterau to grow a bit faster and overtake the other big cities.

Zeriel

Arcane
Question: does oil run out? It seems like historically the price you'd get for whatever quantity of extracted oil would be miniscule compared to what you'd get now, given the infrastructure and needs of the modern world versus... 1800's.

Also: Baby-Meat Railway, and Expand Current Network. Let's power-charge Mitterau's growth. Once it grows large and fat, we will butcher it and feast on Goyim liver like Foie gras.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Question: does oil run out? It seems like historically the price you'd get for whatever quantity of extracted oil would be miniscule compared to what you'd get now, given the infrastructure and needs of the modern world versus... 1800's..

Yes and no.

It does indeed run out, various mines/quarries/oil wells begin with a fixed amount of deposits. It's a pretty large number, for the oil well we're exploiting now it started with 1,5 million truckloads. It produces 6 per month however all industries only produce more goods until the point that their stockpile reaches their monthly production. So practically it wasn't producing anything for over 5 years staying at 6 in the stockpile and 1499994 petroleum left in the oil field. At the current rate it would take us 20833 years and 3 months to suck it dry. However monthly production from an oil well can go up to 64, which should still last us until ITZ or anti-ITZ. Yeah, we struck a big as fuck field, I think 1,5 million is the most any mine can have.

As for the price though it probably doesn't change based on the year from what I remember (apart from inflation which I swear was modeled in the game). Technically we're not selling the oil, we're transporting it and that's what they pay us for. But the freight rates we get depend on the market and oil price does fluctuate fairly often compared to other goods. And that affects what we get off of the transportation services.

Also once proper automobiles become available refineries should start popping up around and we'll be able to deliver fuel to cities. Spreading globalwarmthinkery and all that. There are also oil power plants for more globalwarmthinkery. Lots of ways to make the sapiens "civilization" suffer as you see.

Baby Meat

Also, this is moving kinda slow. Why don't you make some of the less critical choices yourself and make votes whenever the make-or-break stuff start happening?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom