Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tower of Doom persists to 0.3.0

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Warp Rogue

<A href="http://todoom.sourceforge.net/">Tower of Doom</a> has hit <A href="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/todoom/todoom-0.3.0-win.zip?download">version 0.3.0</a> of the Warhammer 40k styled rogue-like. Here's a list of the changes to the ASCII graphics, sci-fi and fantasy styled dungeon crawler:
<br>
<ul><li>The game uses a "Player sees everything" display mode now.
<br>
<li>The old dungeon builder was replaced by a newly written one which produces Rogue-style dungeons.
<br>
<li>Reworked the haggle system (it's now based on Fel).
<br>
<li>The keyboard bindings are configurable now. The UI has changed a little because of this.
<br>
<li>Fate points now work like "normal" extra lifes(i.e. you're no longer pushed down a level).
<br>
<li>A new class of items was added: Stimms. Two stimms have been implemented so far: "'Slaught" and "Med".
<br>
<li>The game world is now pre-generated at start-up and completely persistent.
<br>
<li>The "Furious Assault" skill was changed. It is even more powerful now.
<br>
<li>A few skills were renamed.
<br>
<li>The Eldar race was removed.
<br>
<li>The EP rewards for kills were increased.
<br>
<li>A new character attribute was added: "Cannot Open Doors".
<br>
<li>Misc. smaller changes.
<br>
<li>The engine code has been improved a lot. The new code base is faster, cleaner and more stable</ul>
<br>
Furious-er Assault?
<br>

Greenskin13

Erudite
DrattedTin is an Imperial Commissar.

I love my Sci Fi roguelikes, even more so when it's 40k. Hope I get to see some of da boyz become PCs, even though that may not jive with the plot.

The trigger command is a bit off-putting. I hope it's temporary, because it just seems too... versatile.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
Here's a list of the changes to the ASCII graphics
* All L's have been replaced with P's
* The @ symbol is now a high resolution &

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom