Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tower of Doom dusts off 0.2.0

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Warp Rogue

<A href="http://todoom.sourceforge.net/">Tower of Doom</a> version <A href="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/todoom/todoom-0.2.0-win.zip?download">0.2.0</A> has been released. It's that Warhammer 40k rogue-like for those who don't remember all the previous postings about it. It's been a while since we've posted about it, so here's the massive changelog:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>documentation updates:
<br>
- new sections "FACTIONS", "ADVANCEMENT"
<br>
<li> added a textfile which contains spoilers (spoilers.txt)
<br>
<li> the final level uses a special pre-defined map now.
<br>
<li> resistance messages were missing. fixed.
<br>
<li> Pink Horrors spawn Blue Horrors at death now.
<br>
<li> Hall of Fame entries contain the character's race now.
<br>
<li> some characters were too fast (bug in AI running routine). fixed.
<br>
<li> the engine supports companions/parties now.
<br>
<li> improved the pathfinder (better results, faster)
<br>
<li> major source code cleanup
<br>
<li> completely overhauled the monster list. The game should be more challenging now.
<br>
<li> transformed the manual and the compile guide into valid XHTML
<br>
<li> added four new factions: Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh
<br>
<li> NPC drops (at death) messed up the screen(no "xxx dies." message. NPC already dead but still shown as alive on screen). Fixed.
<br>
<li> removed NPC
<br>
- Noam Rand, Insane Inmate
<br>
<li> added new NPC
<br>
- Martin Bitterfels
<br>
<li> implemented a more sophisticated faction system with faction relationships etc. The current factions are: Player, Chaos, Rogue Traders, Monodominants
<br>
<li> new command "use skill" (k)
<br>
<li> added new item attributes
<br>
- Master Crafted
<br>
- Chaotic
<br>
<li> added critical hit messages
<br>
<li> added new skills
<br>
- Strike to Injure
<br>
- Engineering
<br>
- Crack Shot
<br>
<li> added new item
<br>
- Knuckle Dusters
<br>
<li> added new careers
<br>
- Engineer (human/basic)
<br>
- Techadept (human/advanced)
<br>
- Techpriest (human/advanced)
<br>
- Protagonist (human/basic)
<br>
- Mercenary Captain (human/advanced)</ul>
<br>
<br>
So, now it's possible to <i>Strike to Injure</i> that <i>Blue Horror</i> that was spawned when you killed that <i>Pink Horror</i> with the <i>Master Crafted</i> gun you got from <i>Martin Bitterfels</i>.
<br>

chaedwards

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
So, now it's possible to <i>Strike to Insure</i> that <i>Blue Horror</i> that was spawned when you killed that <i>Pink Horror</i> with the <i>Master Crafted</i> gun you got from <i>Martin Bitterfels</i>.

Presumably you can only Strike to Insure when playing the undocumented Insurance Salesman class. It makes the monster pay you an annual fee, but if it dies, you have to pay its grieving family megabucks in compensation.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Is this game any good?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom