Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review ToTheGame adores HOTU

Sammael

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
The genre will never get better if no one innovates or even tries.
This I can agree with. A lack of ideas isn't Troika's problem; it's the execution. Arcanum could have been the most revolutionary CRPG ever.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sammael said:
This I can agree with. A lack of ideas isn't Troika's problem; it's the execution. Arcanum could have been the most revolutionary CRPG ever.

Yet no one else takes those ideas and runs with them. I'd say that's because many of those ideas are difficult to run with and test well, though. That's also a problem with the execution.

triCritical

Erudite
Sammael said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
The genre will never get better if no one innovates or even tries.

I think it was. Except for the combat of course. But still no other CRPG that I have played has had such an AWESOME NPC system before( not just joinable NPC's). LIterallly in a class by itself. Furthermore, having the ability to proceed through main story wildly different ways was kind of spectacular too. No doubt it fell short in other areas, but it really raised the boards in others.

Voss

Erudite
Now if they'd only take the best aspects of both and run with them in an exciting, interesting setting...
But we have to wait through the mystery that is Vampire.

Mystery in the sense that I really don't know what to expect. A boring, dumb downed FPS, a radical new approach to RPGs that blows the mind, or something in between that might fall flat, or possibly be fairly good. Or just meh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom