Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, if having magical elements is the problem, either play historical mode or Pharaoh.

kris

Arcane
the Dawi new "age of reckoning" system also make them into an aggressive faction as you need to fight armies and take settlements to earn enough grudges. A valid tactic is also letting the AI take your minor settlements as you will then earn more grudges from defeating them.

It no longer feel like the Dwarves, they feel more like Khorne or Greenskins with this change.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There has never been a faction in any Total War ever with which turtling was the optimal strategy. Not being aggressive means you are not playing the game well.

Hydro

Educated
There has never been a faction in any Total War ever with which turtling was the optimal strategy. Not being aggressive means you are not playing the game well.
I used to play strictly defensive campaigns on legendary with only one settlement being a capital. It was first warhammer though where you don’t have to rush. Most fun I had in the series probably.

Elttharion

Learned
Datamined crap

golgfag-animations-found-in-wh3-files-v0-c74ynl2gxbyc1.png

found-a-new-ogre-model-in-the-game-files-it-is-missing-v0-nq88vn1by8yc1.png

Legend hinted that the next DLC is Ogres vs Cathay IIRC.

Caim

Arcane
Well there still is one dragon out there barring the daddy dragon, right? Could be for that one.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Well there still is one dragon out there barring the daddy dragon, right? Could be for that one.
There is Yin Yin, the sea dragon, as far as I know, but there's nothing stopping them from pulling all kinds of Mario level-inspired dragons out their asses.

kris

Arcane

For Dawi building up strong garrisons and slowly expanding was a valid strategy that worked really well. Of course with removal of walls from minor settlements it became less valid and with this change it just make you lose quicker.

I managed to get a grudge army on the 10th turn, after that it is almost impossible as you need so much unless you keep on getting weak ages.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Turtling has never been the optimal strategy, regardless of whether it was technically possible.

Elttharion

Learned
There are two known living dragons (Yin-Yin and Li Dao), one missing (Shen-Zoo, the Cathay ROC campaign is about searching for her) and one dead Dragon thats kinda their God of the dead. There are also two unknown dragons that they barely talked about.

Apart from that CA could also use the Monkey King if they want something different.

This new patch is just absurd. Level 5 Altdorf Capital at turn 44? Gtfo!

As if the game needed to be any easier. I was looking for way to make the game harder.

I hope Grimhammer fixes it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Does anyone's campaigns last more than 60 turns either way? You should've won by that point already, it's just a mop up job after that which isn't worth it, imo.

Does anyone's campaigns last more than 60 turns either way? You should've won by that point already, it's just a mop up job after that which isn't worth it, imo.

And that's why I'm disappointed after recently getting WH3.

WH2 with mods provided a really good challenge for many turns.

Oh and btw, I haven't had to manually play a single battle outside the quests so far.

The AI is just retarded and will frequently suicide their armies into yours, or your cities.

This is on VH/VH

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As if the game needed to be any easier. I was looking for way to make the game harder.
That's definitely my biggest gripe with the DLC & patch.
Otherwise good stuff, but boy have they made almost everything too easy.

Then again, the game was never really difficult for regulars unless you used mods like those that introduce unit caps to armies, etc.
While SFO isn't out yet, that's probably the way to go.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Get the mod that disables the red line skills, defeat traits and leadership bonuses. Play on very hard/very hard with no stat bonuses to enemies. None of this will make the AI actually good, but it will even the playing field in terms of stats and stuff, so your armies aren't freakishly overpowered due to stacking traits and buffs.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
The Karl startpos update was in response to people, like some here, who said that the startpos is unplayable in Legendary so they make it easier (It was playable in a "firefighting all the time and soehorned to do some same exact shit everytime otherwise the whole Empire area got run over either by Nurgle/VC)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Karl's starting position was bad because it exacerbated the problems with his mechanics. There was a single way to do it correctly and it wasn't a 100% sure thing because you can't control who the AI attacks. This meant that you could actually lose even if you played perfectly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom