Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Caim

Arcane
Why are they even selling the three new characters individually? Why not bundle it into a single DLC like before?

No wait I know, it's to trick people into spending more money. Here in Eurostan they're 9 Deutchmarks each, with the bundle being just under 23 (which is 85% of 27).
It is good for the company and the more choosy players. I am interested in the new Empire content, but not Nurgle and the new Dwarf content with its focus on Slayers.

For me, it is either skipping another overpriced DLC or just paying for the expensive stuff I want and nothing more.
It's good for the company, yes. Not for the players, because if their interests were kept in mind the DLC would be much cheaper.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are they even selling the three new characters individually?

It's for people who "I don't give a fuck about Cathay/Tzeentech/Kislev but you are forcing me to buy coz that 1 faction I want is bundled with the other 2 garbages"

Elttharion

Learned
Why are they even selling the three new characters individually? Why not bundle it into a single DLC like before?

No wait I know, it's to trick people into spending more money. Here in Eurostan they're 9 Deutchmarks each, with the bundle being just under 23 (which is 85% of 27).
Marketing trick to make the price hike more palatable.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
120 turn victory with Elspeth. Very easy. The patch really does make the Empire gunline amazing.

Had the Ork end scenario and all their spawned stacks just sat around their capitals. Zoggin amazing.

Karl has to unite the empire to get access to elector count units while everyone else just buys permanent access to them for 7.5k. lol.

Obviously you're not gonna pay that for useless swordsmen replacements but you can get the magic mortar and steam tank by turn 2. With them refreshing every 15 turns you probably don't need more recruitment capacity for a long time

Last edited:

kris

Arcane
Karl has to unite the empire to get access to elector count units while everyone else just buys permanent access to them for 7.5k. lol.

Obviously you're not gonna pay that for useless swordsmen replacements but you can get the magic mortar and steam tank by turn 2. With them refreshing every 15 turns you probably don't need more recruitment capacity for a long time

Old system seems much better then, and more logical.

Dawi confedaration system seems impossible. by turn 23 I need 140.000+ Grudge to confederate any other lord and I got 9000. I might be able to do it by turn 485?

GloomFrost

Arcane
Anyone tried that stupid quest battle for Nuln when you have to make sure Gotrek and Felix survive? I can either defend them or go after other objectives. Cant do both, oh and Auto-resolve quest battle Mod doesn't work for this one. God damn I was actually enjoying TW3 again after so many months.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I never bothered playing Franz campaign because you just fought empire units for ages in game 2 and in game 3 the mechanics just fucked you sideways since Festus and vampires and whatnot deleted the other factions. Tried playing it now and it feels pleasantly challenging. Khazrak is on your doorstep right after dealing with the secessionists, Kemler is going to take Marienburg sooner or later, Vlad is moving from the east and you have Festus and the norscans coming from north.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Anyone tried that stupid quest battle for Nuln when you have to make sure Gotrek and Felix survive? I can either defend them or go after other objectives. Cant do both, oh and Auto-resolve quest battle Mod doesn't work for this one. God damn I was actually enjoying TW3 again after so many months.
Just bombard the middle blob until only Gotrek and Felix are left alive.
It did take me a few tries to do that one though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Something similar can be done with Malakai, accepting his first adventure against high elves will net you 3 additional cannons. Against starting armies of the Skaven and Norsca those things just murder en masse.

They you unlock grape shot for those and they become weapons of mass destructions, deleting armies in a few volleys.

With Ghelt you can buy the RoR steam tank in like turn 4, trivializing the campaign.

This is some bs.

Yeah its kind of hilariously broken. Initially it looks too expensive for what its worth but the tank can basically solo a third of an army and the other two thirds gets tied up while all your guns and artillery take it out. It's far better than the RoR stuff since RoR stuff is max one while the tank (and mortar) will refresh every 15 turns, so you can throw potentially multiple of them in every army you make.

They should have at least made it so you had to unlock the tech tree in an order, so the tank would come last and cost 60k cash to get to. As it is there's no reason not to rush the tank and no reason to take the trash melee units that are 1 spearmen every 15 turns with 5 more MD or whatever it is.

Also the new Engineer lord is... well he comes with a grenade launcher from level 1 and I got 750 kills with it on his first battle. Granted it was vs. skavenslaves but still.

Also his level 20 mount is a steam tank. Vroom vroom.

Annoyingly they can't use restock on themselves to restore their ammo, but if you have two master engineers...

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The only good thing about Troy is resource management.
1. Resource management
2. Factions that actually play differently
3. Impactful, yet not overpowered magic
4. No ranged meta
5. Different units actually matter on the battlefield
6. Logistics matter due to no global recruitment
7. Administration instead of supply lines
8. Narrative-based objectives for each faction
9. Penthesilea is the best horde faction in the entire franchise
10. Amazing setting
11. Caps for mythical units

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom