Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Make dozens of doomstacks, run around killing things. The new Mutaliths are very overpowered, it's like a mini Dread Saurian you can actually mass armies of with barrier, anti-large, and a mortis engine effect to kill small things.

It's tedious because you know there's no challenge, just endlessly hitting end turn. Note that short victory is only 2 grand schemes. The hardest schemes to fulfill are actually the "win x battles vs. this race" one since they only count land battles and not siege battles.

A lot of the scheme rewards are pretty busted too if you actually go through with a long victory campaign. +10 base weapon damage, +10 base armor piercing damage in Naggaroth and another +10 base weapon damage in norsca. At that point your marauders are dealing more damage in melee than Chosen.

Last edited:

pickmeister

Learned
The incompetency is staggering.
At this point, the least they could do is release the source code and let the fans fix it.

Mobility scooter girls for Kislev are pretty strong.

XojtAEk.jpg

Tyrr

Liturgist
bfTAloq.jpg

Mostly Negative.
I think it's funny that most negative reviews are about the price, from people who bought it...
If you think it's too expensive, DON'T BUY IT!

Last edited:

tabacila

Augur
There's a big chance a lot of the people that got the SoC DLC did so to write a review for it and then refund.

pickmeister

Learned
There's this guy I used to watch back when Starcraft II used to be more popular and he was pretty good. He's fallen off hard since then and now is just a regular commiefornia fat slob of a flamboyant faggot doing boring streams full of fake ESG compliant positivity with his tranny friends. Outside of two (sponsored) TWH III streams (with ~80% of total time spent on tutorial) and one (also sponsored) Three Kingdoms stream, he never streamed any TW games.
And now, suddenly, he has a sponsored new DLC stream.

There's not a single reason to sponsor this sack of mayonnaise. His YT videos rarely break 20 - 30k views and his stream averages 1k of terminally online viewers.
I can see why they need more money if they keep spending them on ultrafags like these.

Whoever is in charge of sales and marketing in CA should be publically hanged.

I'm cautiously curious about Pharaoh but I haven't kept up with info on it at all so I dunno if the hate for it is justified or not.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Pharaoh looks like a Saga title and will completely flop because the interest for it is 0
Well no one was really interested in yet another Katai Lord or Chaos Lord with gimmick mechanics while there is sooo much to improve and rebalance in TWW3...... and yet here we are. Honestly got a feeling that we are looking at the end of Total War franchise.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They've already committed to shitting out pieces of DLC for Pharaoh, so they'll have to do that regardless of how well it sells (it won't sell well). I have faith in the Sofia studio though, they are CA's best team, so it will probably turn out fine once everything is out and it's at at least 75% off.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Pharaoh looks like a Saga title and will completely flop because the interest for it is 0
Well no one was really interested in yet another Katai Lord or Chaos Lord with gimmick mechanics while there is sooo much to improve and rebalance in TWW3...... and yet here we are. Honestly got a feeling that we are looking at the end of Total War franchise.

Well earned, even if a bit sad. While I enjoyed total warhammer specifically 2 and got the whole triology when I play TW, because I get the itch, I play Shogun 2. Most stuff had been mediocre at best since then and oftentimes really bad.

For some reason they never went back and re-evaluated what made Shogun 2 good and stuck with their guns doubling down on the shit they implemented down the line, it's always baffling to me.
Last game they tried to innovate in some good ways in was three Kingdoms, but it was a really mixed bag overall in a lot of areas.

Funny thing is, this is literally how the player plays her. Just save hexes until you get an unwinnable battle then dump them on everything. This isn't a bug, it's how its supposed to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom