Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The Empire wasn't fucked enough already with Festus...
CA dead set on making Empire experience as miserable as possible so the inevitable rework will be more significant.
LgY781t.png
That's bullshit. Franz murders beastmen, almost never wages war vs Kemmler (and they have a strong fort he can barely breach through with full stack) and orcs have bigger problems with Brettonia. And Festus is more dangerous with his plagues, than his army. He have more battles vs norsca after cpturing Marienburg than with all others combined before vampire wars

tabacila

Augur
So apparently I was wrong about Yuan Bo not having the Harmony mechanic. It turns out it was removed as a faction-wide mechanic and is now a regional mechanic. It gives some bonused for going yin, some for going yang, some for balance. Just bonuses, no debuffs. lel

tabacila

Augur
Pay more, piggies. So you can support garbage like this that will be closed in half a year.

Is it me or was no one able to put one shot on target? Are they avoiding blood so they can have a lower rating for the trailer or something lol?
These are the most obnoxious looking characters/skins I've ever seen, and I've seen the nuSaint's Row trailers.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
That's bullshit. Franz murders beastmen, almost never wages war vs Kemmler (and they have a strong fort he can barely breach through with full stack) and orcs have bigger problems with Brettonia. And Festus is more dangerous with his plagues, than his army. He have more battles vs norsca after cpturing Marienburg than with all others combined before vampire wars
Who cares about how AI Franz preforms? He gets cheats.
Empire games have become a repetitive and tedious chore list you have to go through before you get to play the diplomacy game with the EC's, and that part sucks too since they just copy+pasted High Elf intrigue. Hardly the Atilla WRE survival experience they should be, they need a rework.

Thorakitai

Learned
It's as if CA and Paradox are on a competition to be worst of them all. A sad fate these companies are in control of the historical gaming market.

They already had a success in the form of Three Kingdoms Total War where they can please the history fans and get huge Chinabucks but somehow managed to fuck it all up.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The problem with modern companies is they typically go route: add black people into games. -> get money from government -> get money from DLC -> stop thinking about game as an art that should be played even if for free, and view it as product -> lose user base -> screech about restraints caused by quarantines or economic downfall by war on Ukraine -> release another shit that would be bought because users have nothing better to play -> create wrong conclusions from all this.

The scary thing is Paradox did a lot of things right when they released HoI4. The self-destruction came later.

Sunri

Liturgist
What a disaster, what the hell are those guys even thinking they got game that generates infinite money and instead of focusing on it, they are making some retarded shit wtf

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
CA terminating their golden goose so they can throw their hat into the bloated shitty character shooter ring is at least something I never would have predicted in the Rome days.

Feels similar to Bioware and that anthem *thing* they came out with. Somebody at the top hasn't even the slightest clue what their market is.

It's like acquiring a chain of high class restaurants and deciding they need to produce nothing but burgers because that's what the kids are eating.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can milk golden goose only so much. I saw problems when they decided to prevent assassination of lords. And they simplified some interesting building mechanics. And then stuff went out of window when they allowed AI to use that hero trait heroes could get at L20 and didn't set timer for recovery from fatal wound to 50 turns.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Meh. Provided that GW is not "gate keeping" and telling them to not release any units that ain't gonna make it to the Old World tabletop game, they fucked up anyway. Price is so big that even with such practice from GW, they should have added several more units as eg. mercenaries or something, or at least several legendary heroes.
This DLC is just poor in content for that price level.

tabacila

Augur
q0BBFu9.png

All reviews have fallen into mixed at 69% (nice!) right now. In just a couple of weeks they went back to where they were before IE. Amazing work.

tabacila

Augur

Every time I see CA adding a completely unbalanced, seemingly untested mechanic I get afraid it will completely ruin the game. Then I remember they are not capable of coding AI that can use said mechanics and I just continue scrolling.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
q0BBFu9.png

All reviews have fallen into mixed at 69% (nice!) right now. In just a couple of weeks they went back to where they were before IE. Amazing work.

I wonder what the response will be.
War Thunder devs started sucking community cock after people revolted and review bombed them. Suddenly things could change for a better and they seem to be improving the economy in the game. At first they were defensive and kept saying that economy is fine, it's people who are delusional.

Lets just wait for CA response.

CA probably did some calculations and decided that trying to re-habilitate their reputation after the disastrous TWW3 launch is too long term a strategy and that the TWW3 DLC treadmill wouldn't last long enough to pay off. So rather than work on expanding the audience, they'll milk the current ones harder.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Theoretically, CA don't care about reviews and negative "discourse" surrounding pricing of the DLCs as long as they sell a satisfactory amount, but they probably should and do because it means fewer sold copies of the base game in the future. Whether that means they will course correct or just drop WH3 entirely is up in the air. Somehow I doubt they will reduce the price of future DLCs, it's more likely they'll try to cram more "content" in there, which means more crunch for the actual developers who do the hard work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom