Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

i came to ask how the game and sfo mod were progressing, if it was finally time to upgrade from 2 to 3. it looks like the right time to do so is "never". shame.

pickmeister

Learned
Allegedly SFO in 3 is less bloated but I couldn't tell you. I haven't played 2 with SFO.
But I'd say SFO in 3 is fine. Adds some depth (or bloat, depends on the observer) to factions but unfortunately it's essentially just a number reshuffle. The game still has the same idiotic uninspired sieges and battles with unresponsive units.
My only big complain about SFO is that, since it makes higher tier units significantly more powerful, fuckers like Festus, and other Champions of Chaos, who start with high tier units are a pain in the ass to deal with.

It's only good for the Warhammer coat of paint. For a Total War experience, I prefer Shogun FOTS or Attila.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I find it interesting that there's pretty much 0 interest in Pharaoh. Now the price hike. Coincidence? I think not.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would *anyone* be interested in Pharaoh? Most people see it as a Troy reskin (which it is) and the mythology aspect is missing for Troy fans. If they add myth units, I'll think about, but I want them to combine the map with Troy's too.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Why would *anyone* be interested in Pharaoh? Most people see it as a Troy reskin (which it is) and the mythology aspect is missing for Troy fans. If they add myth units, I'll think about, but I want them to combine the map with Troy's too.
Nobody does:

tabacila

Augur
dc872yu51lhb1.png

Lol, didn't they kind of struggled for the first year to get a good review rating on steam?
Thank God they decided to release a weak DLC, at an outrageous price, while the base game still suffers from a shit ton of ridiculous bugs. Just the thing to get some community goodwill before their lackluster Troy reskin Pharaoh, and the long awaited abortion that will be Hyenas.

I don't really care too much about this DLC since I'm not really interested in demons and Kislev/Cathay are WoW level creations, but I am shocked at what a small update Tzeentch is getting:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1142710/view/5303604129795345983
Is the faction is such a good state that they're only messing around with balancing the TWW3 equivalent of rites?
Maybe Kislev/Cathay have more changes (Kislev really needs it), but I wouldn't bet on it.

If Thrones of Decay rolls around and the Empire (and Dwarfs?) get like 4 bullet points of changes/ballances I think that will probably finally kill TWW for me.
At least until some overhaul mods start appearing or something.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Most races are not in a good spot, but daemons and Kislev are some of the worst.

tabacila

Augur

Only two mentions of pre-oders in 9 minutes?? Who said CA couldn't improve :D?

So apparently Yuan Bo doesn't seem to have the Harmony Yin/Yang thingie. You know what made them sort of stand apart from other human factions... so I guess fuck Cathay's racial mechanic?
I mean this isn't a "Markus Wulfhart is far away in Lustria and doesn't give a fuck about the electors politicking" kind of thing. This guy is the foremost representative of big daddy dragon, starts in the middle of Cathay, but doesn't have their racial mechanic. Cool.

He has a big hard on for lizardmen of all races for ... some reason?

This pretty much shows that the old type of lord packs, with the 2 LLs having a VS sort of story thing in the main campaign is gone. The Changeling was shown mostly fucking around the Empire, because he starts there I guess, and doesn't seem to have a strong story mechanic or anything.

I don't particularly care since I play exclusively IE, but it does throw into question what I was hoping to see in the next DLC Thrones of Decay. I still hope for some Empire love, and Elspeth von Draken still makes the most sense in order to get the generic wizard lords in, but I guess there's a chance it won't just be inspired by the Tamurkhan book. But who the fuck knows?

This DLC feels more and more thrown together and rushed out on the last day of summer so it won't interfere with them pushing Pharaoh. Pretty sure they were planning at least some more generic lords/heroes that didn't make it because of the dealine.

Empire minor factions either need to be stronger, work together, and/or the mechanic where you can send help to defend them in battles needs to work against actual enemy factions rather than just spawned crap. I do like keeping the Empire together being a challenge though considering all you have to do is wipe out like 3, maybe 4 factions that aren't terribly tough and you're already basically big enough to get a long victory.

tabacila

Augur
It's not even about the Empire being too hard, as you've said it's good to make it a challenge.
The problem is that adding another LL that will completely fuck up the generic Empire factions, makes the Empire's campaign even more railroaded by adding another bullet point on the "must do" things:
  1. take out the seccesionists;
  2. rush Khazrak before he fucks up Middenland (to be fair he sometimes gets his teeth kicked in by Middenland/Marienburg);
  3. optional deal with Grom if he decides to cross the mountains;
  4. optional deal with Marienburg if they're extra retarded and start something;
  5. run back to Middenland/Hochland/Stirland to quash Festus;
  6. NEW handle the Changeling;
  7. take a look at the ruin that is the eastern side of the Empire and despair;
  8. handle Dyrcha;
  9. handle Vladdy daddy.
I love Franz, and maybe I suck at them, but all my campaigns with him, more or less, include this laundry list of must do "defensive" objectives and they take quite some turns.

CA's only help in this regard was removing the first Empire state getting fucked from affecting your Imperial Authority rating. GG.
The Empire really needs more LLs that can actually put up a fight. Boris will be a good start, since he can be at least a good road block for Khazrak/Festus.

I was really hoping for a robust Empire re-work in Thrones of Decay, but looking at how weak the changes shown so far in this DLC are, it will probably be just ignoring the first 3 imperial states getting fucked.

tabacila

Augur
Put the money in the bag or the franchise gets it!!!

They definitely picked the wrong DLC to push this price update tbh. Lords with no link between them, minimal re-works to existing races, pretty weak roster, lack of generic lord/heroes.
Some corpo probably mandated the increase as well as cutting dev time short because they had to release it on the last day of summer and to not interfere with Pharaoh.

Imagine the business sense these people have to so enrage their captive audience like this while focusing their most of their dev efforts on that Hyenas shooter.
Can't wait to see them do the we're-sorry.jpg twitter apology when Pharoah probably doesn't get the attention they wanted, Hyenas flops on release, and they remember they still want to milk WH's tits. The price will definitely not get lower, but they may put more bodies back on WH3. At least make these DLC worth it on a 50% discount.

Empire minor factions either need to be stronger, work together, and/or the mechanic where you can send help to defend them in battles needs to work against actual enemy factions rather than just spawned crap. I do like keeping the Empire together being a challenge though considering all you have to do is wipe out like 3, maybe 4 factions that aren't terribly tough and you're already basically big enough to get a long victory.
An Ulrican LL has been overdue since Warhammer 1.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So basically next games are 100 USD, or 120 USD. Yea, that would be fun.

Do you still remember folks from Steampunks?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The Empire wasn't fucked enough already with Festus...
CA dead set on making Empire experience as miserable as possible so the inevitable rework will be more significant.
Empire should be fucked properly, it's part of theirs lore.

Also it's based on German empire, thus they need to have proper German experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom