Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The Chinese are reviewbombing the game for some chink reason or other.
And to think, CA could have spared everyone the displeasure of having Cathay in the game by not pandering to chinks.

tabacila

Augur
Bighuge combined map found in game files
oex5us4q5fi81.jpg

Dude from CA said it's a very old prototype:
8ccf5cpubfi81.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Prologue is nice. Too bad that hitting Escape gives you a black screen there.
e: although just quitting the battle wins it anyway since its a tutorial, lel

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the fucking localization and (localized)audio pack that adds around 30gb to this stupid game.
Is it? Most of the audio in the game isn't localized, only the advisor in-game is (i.e. he isn't anywhere else).

RE: Prologue - it's better than the entire rest of the game combined, including the future ultra big map.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
All the reviews I see are saying the game is poorly optimized.

A CA game being poorly optimized on launch? I'm shocked. Shocked I say.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There are 20gb of localization files yes.
That's ridiculous. Aren't they compressing the audio at all? It's not a surprise I'm playing the game in German, so I know most spoken lines aren't localized. That's true in WH2 and Troy too. Only the advisor speaks in the chosen language. Speaking of language, what the hell is that accent the Kislevites are using? It's not Russian, I'd dare say it isn't Eastern European at all.

Started the 3 man coop kislev campaign with some bros. 8/10 breddy gud so far. Kislev cavalry that doesn't have the word bear in the description sucks ass though.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
That's ridiculous. Aren't they compressing the audio at all? It's not a surprise I'm playing the game in German, so I know most spoken lines aren't localized. That's true in WH2 and Troy too. Only the advisor speaks in the chosen language. Speaking of language, what the hell is that accent the Kislevites are using? It's not Russian, I'd dare say it isn't Eastern European at all.

I deleted localization files (except base and English), it was 20gb deleted. Base and English has the biggest files, other languages are relatively small but add up.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

GTAV had the exact same issue. They don't compress their shit, because that's extra effort devs these days can't be bothered with. Everyone got great internet and storage, riiiight?

Lacrymas

Arcane

I deleted localization files (except base and English), it was 20gb deleted. Base and English has the biggest files, other languages are relatively small but add up.

I'm not doubting it is, I'm just expressing shock at how they are treating our SSD/HDD space.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
My GPU shat itself during the prologue and now when I start the game it keeps doing it just from being in the main menu...

Mortmal

Arcane

Last one on mortal empire map was almost unplayable until they massively improved it months later, from turns taking minutes to a few sec. I am not touching this till everything is solved.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Last one on mortal empire map was almost unplayable until they massively improved it months later, from turns taking minutes to a few sec. I am not touching this till everything is solved.

Pretty standard by now to wait a few months for bugfixes, optimization and for the modders to catch up. I can't wait until the game launches in May :D

Optimization seems fine in battles and turn times are low (though of course this isn't mortal empires yet).

FreeKaner

I'm not doubting it is, I'm just expressing shock at how they are treating our SSD/HDD space.

Yes, it is atrocious that the game would download language packs you won't use, these should only be downloaded when you select the language from options. 20gb is no small space, even for 250/500gb SSDs.

My GPU shat itself during the prologue and now when I start the game it keeps doing it just from being in the main menu...

Manually cap your FPS, otherwise the FPS is all over the place especially on the campaign map. Can overheat your GPU and run it at 100% on campaign map.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Eh, got mixed feelings.
Prologue could have been nice, if only it wasn’t so predictably
it’s Arthas story again
My main complaint is that Kislev’s roster looks retarded. Warcraft style footmen that don’t wear any warm clothes, because fuck it KISLEV. Jesus fuck guys you’ve been given an opportunity to add to the lore, yet instead you go full retard with magic ice sleds.
Other than that, there are some improvements as well as some drawbacks, but essentially there’s nothing new. Oh well.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Manually cap your FPS, otherwise the FPS is all over the place especially on the campaign map. Can overheat your GPU and run it at 100% on campaign map.
Unfortunately I don't think they make FPS caps that go down to 20
Turn down resolution, and put your FPS cap to 30, or 50. And if you don't have freesync Gsync change refresh rate of your monitor to 50.

GTAV had the exact same issue. They don't compress their shit, because that's extra effort devs these days can't be bothered with. Everyone got great internet and storage, riiiight?
Lossy compression looks blurry. And killing sound by using low bitrate ogg/mp3 is QUITE BAD.

FreeKaner

I think the best improvements are to diplomacy, multiplayer and UI functionality. UI functionality particularly in lord & hero menus. Other than that there are a lot of sidesteps and a few reverse steps taken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom