Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pharaoh isn't bad for a single playthrough or maybe two max, then you've seen all it has to offer because factions are basically copy-pasted. Oh, and battles are just bad from the very beginning.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Went to reddit to see what's going on with Legend and Volund. There I found this funny exchange in this post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/179zoik/whats_the_fuzz_around_volound/
Zo3SnRk.jpg

Don't be afraid. We don't bite.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer

Lacrymas

Arcane
How is the whining constant? The only game I've seen being whined about because of wokeness recently is Dragon Age 4 and it's not even out yet.

Caim

Arcane
How is the whining constant? The only game I've seen being whined about because of wokeness recently is Dragon Age 4 and it's not even out yet.
It's constant because the Codex doesn't like games made less than two decades ago.

Elttharion

Learned
Was going to post this. CA is now farming jester awards in the Steam forums.

The right to discuss is a privilege—it is not an entitlement you earn by playing the game—and in our official spaces, we will prioritize the ability of those who demonstrate that they can converse and disagree thoughtfully, constructively, and inclusively over those who aim to disrupt, derail, and diminish those contributions.
:hahano:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Their Steam forums were/are a cesspool of ESL people babbling nonsense and clown farmers, always has been, but NOW it's a problem. Suuuure.

thesecret1

Arcane

The right to discuss is a privilege—it is not an entitlement you earn by playing the game—and in our official spaces, we will prioritize the ability of those who demonstrate that they can converse and disagree thoughtfully, constructively, and inclusively over those who aim to disrupt, derail, and diminish those contributions.
Already backpedalling
In acknowledgement of the feedback and response we've had from members of the community here, and over on the Pharaoh forums where this post was mirrored, I've issued a clarification on a new thread, and to avoid confusing the topic have locked this thread to ensure that the conversation continues in response to the latest information.

You can read that post here, and continue this conversation on this new thread:

For introducing new frustrations to you all with our post today I apologise, and we’ll return to you in the coming weeks with updated guidance, including clearer examples of good and bad actions that can prompt interventions from our moderation team.

Freeman // @PartWelsh
Head of Community – Creative Assembly

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

What about buying it?

Their entire marketing team and management needs scraping to the bone.

---

If they had half a brain, they'd release their bolloxed codebase to the community. The autists there will comb through it and fix all their shit for free.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't understand what is going on at Clown Assembly. Who makes these statements? Who in their right mind utters the sentence "the right to discuss is a privilege"? What a shitshow.

Here's what I think is happening. From CA's dumb perspective, they shat out another run-of-the-mill DLC that is horrendously overpriced (and they knew this from the beginning) and now people are super mad for no reason. "But we've arrogantly raised the price before and haven't gotten this backlash!" cry the pumpkin-heads at CA, but lo! and behold they don't suspect that Total Warhammer has been shit from the start and people are just now starting to realize it because they were given a reason to finally critically engage with what they've been consuming. Good luck with that, CA.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What I don't understand is why companies with professional PR/marketing/community teams still fall face-first into these kind of things.

It's almost like the people that work in those departments have no idea what they're doing, are underpaid liberal arts majors, and generally regarded as useless.

thesecret1

Arcane
What I don't understand is why companies with professional PR/marketing/community teams still fall face-first into these kind of things.

It's almost like the people that work in those departments have no idea what they're doing, are underpaid liberal arts majors, and generally regarded as useless.
Imagine being so useless that you fail to normally communicate with kids and autists about video games. Literally all you need to do to be considered an EXCELLENT community manager by the community is to be familiar with the game (ie. play it), have a bit of a of thick skin so that you can handle banter and shitposting, and have some semblance of a spine (oh no, is that where the problem lies?). You could probably just hang a recruitment poster on the forums, saying you're hiring from among the fans, and then just pick from the litter of applications.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom