Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Im afraid the devs think their campaign is totally fine and are butthurt about its reception.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
why playtest when people preorder anyway and journos say it's perfect as it is?
The thing is, they do indeed have a QA team.
And all the content creators I know say that they (the streamers/youtubers) told the devs the very same things that now got them shitty ratings by players.

I see only two possible scenarios:
1. QA gave the same feedback as content creators / closed beta players, but CA just downright ignored it.
2. QA just put their thumbs up their asses and gave "nah, it's all good!" feedback and CA listened to them instead of the closed beta players.

I find 1) to be extremely more likely.

Im afraid the devs think their campaign is totally fine and are butthurt about its reception.
What I wonder most is how the devs see the situation. And I don't mean the lead ones that have to put on a brave "everything is good" face publicly.
Were they as blissfully ignorant as their management or is this a situation like with Cyberpunk where the devs themselves could only watch the catastrophe unfold before their eyes while (initially) being blamed for it?
In my experience, nearly all massive fuckups are bad management, so my bet is on the latter.

_V_

Scholar
There used to be a mod that boosted leadership across the board but it's out of date. Is there something similar that works with the current game version? (Ideally with SFO)
On a related note: Is there a mod that buffs leadership (and vigour) of undead without giving them "unbreakable" and "perfect vigour"?

copebot

Learned
There used to be a mod that boosted leadership across the board but it's out of date. Is there something similar that works with the current game version? (Ideally with SFO)
On a related note: Is there a mod that buffs leadership (and vigour) of undead without giving them "unbreakable" and "perfect vigour"?
I don't play SFO but according to something I saw about it, one of the new settings in the new version is related to "battle pacing" allows you to buff leadership, nerf melee damage, nerf reload rate, nerf movement speed, and nerf spell cooldown across the board to increase engagement time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRUDaFzvnc

You might just have to make a custom mod for the undead stuff. Just changing unit attributes is just a text file. For reference https://tw-modding.com/index.php/Main_Page

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is there a technical reason why units have to have the same stats in both single player and multiplayer? I'm still mad about Ancient Salamander being made dogshit.

copebot

Learned
In my current Skarbrand campaign on VH, things are starting to get tied up in the 70s. Both Chaos Undivided and Kislev crippled themselves by repeatedly trying to go for the souls. With Katerin, she entered Nurgle at about the same time as I did, and I killed her when passing through. She then attempted the realms an additional *two* times as my armies were razing both western and northern Kislev at the same time. As my guys raze Praag and move on Kislev itself, she... goes into the realms again. Mr. Generic Undivided Guy is still slowly going through the realms about a dozen turns after I razed all of his cities. At some point, he will pop out where he entered at around turn 63, even though now it is turn 76.

One interesting thing that I've noticed in this campaign is just that because the major AI factions are essentially always going to the realms, it gimps their expansion far worse than you would see in WH2 ME. On VH or Legendary, you would not see a main faction like Lothern or Naggarond sitting at 16 settlements by turn 60. I think their idea was to try to create a campaign that didn't require map painting, but they didn't also want to change the way that settlements work to make it so that you could actually "build tall." To be fair, some factions in WH2 can indeed "build tall" like Dark Elves, but the AI never really does that either: they just cheat and confederate their way to getting tons of settlements quickly.

Part of it is just that Khorne is really strong, but also in my Cathay campaign which was partly on the last patch, I was also not really that much weaker than this by turn 60, and I don't think my opening as Cathay was very good -- I attacked the mountains to the south, while confederating the minor Cathay factions, but I think it would have been a lot better to just conquer all of Cathay and then go south after.

On the unpatched version, I think they might have tried to address this by making the AI super aggressive to the point to which they would charge the player even if it meant going across the whole map and leaving their own lands undefended. This made Kislev's campaign pretty tough because all the big chaos factions would charge you at the same time. Now that they fixed that, the AI is sort of cowardly and overprioritizes the soul race. But it has to prioritize the soul race or the player just automatically wins.

Is there a technical reason why units have to have the same stats in both single player and multiplayer? I'm still mad about Ancient Salamander being made dogshit.
Probably not, but I think the intention is that tech, landmarks, and campaign lord bonuses are supposed to be what makes a unit "for singleplayer". Anything that's obviously weak in singleplayer should be buffed by adding something in to one of those categories. Of course, nerfs intended to be just for MP don't automatically translate into the corresponding buff being added to SP unfortunately.

Last edited:

_V_

Scholar
I don't play SFO but according to something I saw about it, one of the new settings in the new version is related to "battle pacing" allows you to buff leadership, nerf melee damage, nerf reload rate, nerf movement speed, and nerf spell cooldown across the board to increase engagement time.

You might just have to make a custom mod for the undead stuff. Just changing unit attributes is just a text file. For reference https://tw-modding.com/index.php/Main_Page
Thx. However, that's for WH III. SFO 2 doesn't seem to have such a setting (and no fitting "official" submods) :(
(We are in the WH2 thread ;) )
I wanted tp avoid getting into modding again. It's always such a rabbit hole...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
On the unpatched version, I think they might have tried to address this by making the AI super aggressive to the point to which they would charge the player even if it meant going across the whole map and leaving their own lands undefended. This made Kislev's campaign pretty tough because all the big chaos factions would charge you at the same time. Now that they fixed that, the AI is sort of cowardly and overprioritizes the soul race. But it has to prioritize the soul race or the player just automatically wins.

You're guaranteed to win anyway the moment you get one more soul over the AI.

copebot

Learned

Thx. However, that's for WH III. SFO 2 doesn't seem to have such a setting (and no fitting "official" submods) :(
(We are in the WH2 thread ;) )
I wanted tp avoid getting into modding again. It's always such a rabbit hole...
Sorry! I thought this was the WH3 thread. I just clicked on the notification that there was activity and replied to you without noticing it.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
When I tried Grimhammer it felt like they slapped bonus against infrantry/large to every single unit, made every building give a negative effect in addition to a positive one and overtune everything with stuff like the empire size mechanic. Oh and made morale basically irrelevant so trolls will stay in a fight as long as a dwarf unit. It kind of screams the kind of design philosophy where the dev thinks that giving the player a shitton of options makes the game more complex and deep. But what usually happens is if you think and math it out for a second, you realize that 3/4 of the given options are irrelevant in most scenarios you'll be facing.
The base game has a ton of issues, but stuff like the player ignoring half of the unit roster usually boils down to availability and relative cost effectiveness. Like a screaming skull catapult is a perfectly fine unit, but the build chain you get it from gives otherwise pretty crappy units so you don't feel like building it that often. And a unit like stormvermin has about as high upkeep cost as a rattling gun, but you'll get like tenfold value of the latter in the battlefield. If you made all the units available once settlement reaches a tier, but the hiring duration and recruit cost was inflated if you didn't build the specific production chain, it would encourage stuff like getting skirmishing cavalry more often. And if you gave out generic lords traits that made certain units have very cheap upkeep (like halving melee infantry upkeep for skaven warlords) it would encourage wider use of the roster in the campaign.

When I tried Grimhammer it felt like they slapped bonus against infrantry/large to every single unit, made every building give a negative effect in addition to a positive one and overtune everything with stuff like the empire size mechanic. Oh and made morale basically irrelevant so trolls will stay in a fight as long as a dwarf unit. It kind of screams the kind of design philosophy where the dev thinks that giving the player a shitton of options makes the game more complex and deep. But what usually happens is if you think and math it out for a second, you realize that 3/4 of the given options are irrelevant in most scenarios you'll be facing.
The base game has a ton of issues, but stuff like the player ignoring half of the unit roster usually boils down to availability and relative cost effectiveness. Like a screaming skull catapult is a perfectly fine unit, but the build chain you get it from gives otherwise pretty crappy units so you don't feel like building it that often. And a unit like stormvermin has about as high upkeep cost as a rattling gun, but you'll get like tenfold value of the latter in the battlefield. If you made all the units available once settlement reaches a tier, but the hiring duration and recruit cost was inflated if you didn't build the specific production chain, it would encourage stuff like getting skirmishing cavalry more often. And if you gave out generic lords traits that made certain units have very cheap upkeep (like halving melee infantry upkeep for skaven warlords) it would encourage wider use of the roster in the campaign.

Stormvermin are well worth it with Grimhammer. (besides, I don't have a lot of DLC's) I like having the option to not always having to build armies the same way. Some buildings have negatraits yeah. Makes you think a bit more about how you build your provinces.

Max Damage

Savant
Qg8OqMU.png
Such a close victory lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom