Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Total War: Shogun 2 free to keep on Steam until 1st of May

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You really should give CAas little money as possible because every cent of it will go towards pushing their retarded SJW agenda.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
You really should give CAas little money as possible because every cent of it will go towards pushing their retarded SJW agenda.

Because when I want to recreate some of the bloodiest and manly epochs in human history, I need it made by 3 fags, a schizo lesbian, and a fat chick with blue hair.

Remember, these are the people who are making WAR GAMES. Might as well take fencing lessons from a man with no arms.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/34330/view/2891833218341136602

SHOGUN 2 Free-LC: Battle of Kawagoe

19e3e9478b10bbf26072d5d457b6f491d9cf0ecb.jpg

To celebrate SEGA's 60th Anniversary, we're giving away one of the most impressive tactical battles in Total War: SHOGUN 2!

Originally only available as a pre-order bonus back in 2011, the Battle of Kawagoe is now free for everyone.

Will you be able to replicate General Ujiyasu’s success in the Battle of Kawagoe?

Find out more here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-shogun-2-battle-of-kawagoe/

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Attila is shit though.

Hey, sorry for necroing this.

People say that only Shogun 2 and Attila have remotely good AI. I tried playing the latter. Turns out it's a poor starting point due to infuriating campaign and the setting which emphasizes civilizational decline. Playing as Rome in Attila is for TW veterans sadly.

Which brings me to my question -- how bad is the AI in the titles reputed for bad AI, like Rome 2? Can it at least do a consistent line battle, only with the player having too much initiative for cavalry and flanking? Or is it facepalm-inducing? I'd rather play in a setting ranged between the early Republic and the Five Good Emperors, than see the good thing fall apart, as long as the game is halfway competent.

A horse of course

Attila is shit though.

Hey, sorry for necroing this.

People say that only Shogun 2 and Attila have remotely good AI. I tried playing the latter. Turns out it's a poor starting point due to infuriating campaign and the setting which emphasizes civilizational decline. Playing as Rome in Attila is for TW veterans sadly.

Which brings me to my question -- how bad is the AI in the titles reputed for bad AI, like Rome 2? Can it at least do a consistent line battle, only with the player having too much initiative for cavalry and flanking? Or is it facepalm-inducing? I'd rather play in a setting ranged between the early Republic and the Five Good Emperors, than see the good thing fall apart, as long as the game is halfway competent.

A lot of the bad AI videos from Rome 2 are from before extensive patching. I have a few hundred hours in it post-Imperator patch and the AI can usually line its troops up in a vaguely coherent manner up until the lines make contact. As you implied, though, it can be induced into sending half its army off to find a single light cav flanker, or create a massive moshpit in the city center that can then be flanked from four different directions. But the AI usually breaks via player agency, rather than spazzing out by itself. But all the common complaints about Rome 2 and Warscape - lack of mass, broken formations etc. remain the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom