Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Male character

abHjk0A.jpg

Female character

9L9tp4J.jpg

Are they fucking serious?
More liek NoMenEra.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
People trying potato version of the game - Don't even bother. Those Techland fuckers translated it in such a wrong way that some things might seem totally stupid, while they actually MAKE sense in English. You can change the language in options menu. Thank me later.

The best example is with character named "The Genocide" (Translating fucker came up with "Genocyd" instead of something that would make actual sense in a context).

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck, I get all nervous reading all the negative criticism. :cmcc:

I was quite pleased with the beta, I better hope the game is up to standard.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People trying potato version of this game - Don't even bother. Those Techland fuckers translated it in such a wrong way that some things might seem totally stupid, while they actually MAKE sense in English.

The best example is with character named "The Genocide" (Translating fucker came up with "Genocyd" instead of something that would make actual sense in a context).

They fucked up their own country's translation? >_> How unpatriotic.

Sòren

Arcane
it's funny btw that the protagonist male portrait looks decent while the female one looks like her head got deformed in some kind of car crash. even though the male one is just an altered female one i assume?

pippin

People trying potato version of this game - Don't even bother. Those Techland fuckers translated it in such a wrong way that some things might seem totally stupid, while they actually MAKE sense in English.

They fucked up their own country's translation? >_> How unpatriotic.

Quite the opposite, I'd say

pippin

So, any sort of drama other than the ps4 version not working properly? Or is it just "meh", just like wl2 was? I'm talking merely in terms of public reception. Brian Fargo is only posting positive stuff on his normiebook.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Fuck, I get all nervous reading all the negative criticism. :cmcc:

I was quite pleased with the beta, I better hope the game is up to standard.

Were you seriously expecting praise for a pseudo-remake of the sacrosanct PS:T, developed by inXile and without MCA at the helm… on the Codex?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I managed to lose my first real battle. I guess tanking with a squishy Jack is not a good idea afterall :D

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can't set your own portrait? NPCs you talk to somehow don't have portraits either. What happened, they ran out of 2D art budget?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, talking to NPCs feels very impersonal and detached. Kinda like BG1 actually, I always felt that game to be cold and hands-off (not in a bad way, a neutral way). I also haven't bumped into an actual conversation yet, you just ask questions and that's it.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Am I missing something or dragging&dropping doesn't work during looting? I think it did in the beta? Now the item just stays there in the looting UI with the white highlight on it. Seems pointless to have the portraits there if you can't drag&drop so either it's broken or I'm missing something?

Hellion

Arcane
I don't think the game has day/night cycles. Trying to talk to the squid, eh?

You can only bring forth "nightfall" if you

botch and fail the "fix clock" quest that you get by the Cult of the Changing God. And even then, "nightfall" is only applied to the area around the Cult, the rest of the city remains in daylight.

Shadenuat

Arcane
How do you wait for nightfall?

Didn't we see that in the interactive quest trailer? https://youtu.be/qfp4Lqdsx84?t=665
Huh. Should have tried resting more, didn't actually notice night and day changing yet.
Yeah but resting costs money, and I already did it at least twice. Still daytime.

You can only bring forth "nightfall" if you

botch and fail the "fix clock" quest that you get by the Cult of the Changing God. And even then, "nightfall" is only applied to the area around the Cult, the rest of the city remains in daylight.
Sooo how do I talk to the lobster?

Hellion

Arcane
Only if you do what I wrote in the spoiler tag. If you've already successfully completed that quest, you can't talk to the sexy beast AFAIK.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must say I found it interesting how here and there it is worth it to click same item or same conversation option more than once and you might get more information or something you didnt' get the first time. After I figured that out, now I click everything more than once :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom