Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
In an unexpected twist of fate, democracy actually results in incline!

hiver

Is that the only comeback chance you saw? Didnt someone else reply to you in more details?

- lack of comprehension skills, you dont say?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Is that the only comeback chance you saw? Didnt someone else reply to you in more details?

I may have missed your point among the insults. Your rhetoric is really captivating. Tell me again how turn-based sneak is really difficult and adds to the game.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Underail has a cool implementation of turn based stealth. I'm not sure why you are implying that it would be easy by definition.

hiver

I may have missed your point among the insults. Your rhetoric is really captivating. Tell me again how turn-based sneak is really difficult and adds to the game.
Not my reply. The other one by another poster telling you exactly whats what.

>What sneak difficulty adding to what? Confused a bit?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Not my reply. The other one by another poster telling you exactly whats what.

>What sneak difficulty adding to what? Confused a bit?
Sure dude. Sure. Nobody saw that edited out bloat of shit you spurred a couple of pages ago. If you don't want to understand because you have your head up your ass, as you said, I'm not going to explain it.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh shit, the "My jewgold back if turnedbase! How'd i do it? -- To court. Imma gonna too." ultimatums have started again in the vote comments. :lol:

hiver

Sure dude. Sure. Nobody saw that edited out bloat of shit you spurred a couple of pages ago. If you don't want to understand because you have your head up your ass, as you said, I'm not going to explain it.
What edited post? The only thing i edited was calling you something like imbecile or retard, cause i thought the rest is enough.
whatcha talking about stupid asshole?

janjetina reply moron. read it.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
What edited post? The only thing i edited was calling you something like imbecile or retard, cause i thought the rest is enough.
whatcha talking about stupid asshole?

janjetina reply moron. read it.
*sigh*

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think following this close result they'll come up with something dumb like making some sort of TB/RLwP hybrid ala Arcanum that will suck in both modes.

hiver

what youre sighing for now? is that some additional act? your post is stupid and you were explained why. No sense in just inventing something as stupid as that to wiggle out.

can you be so stupid to actually believe that? do you even have a brain?
alternative being even more hilarious.
:lol:

Oh shit, the "My jewgold back if turnedbase! How'd i do it? -- To court. Imma gonna too." ultimatums have started again in the vote comments. :lol:
no way?

man, this is getting better and better.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think following this close result they'll come up with something dumb like making some sort of TB/RLwP hybrid ala Arcanum that will suck in both modes.
Why would you think this when they specifically said they wouldn't do it?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

UberDan - Chairman Weresheepcat of Sin about 3 hours ago
Colin weighs in on TB vs RTwP on twitter:

Walter White ‏@talharbash 24h
@ColinMcComb What vote did you cast?

@talharbash A gentleman never tells. (I went TB... and I'll explain why in these following tweets).

"When we started the KS, we were agnostic about the kind of system we wanted. @SaundersKevin, @adamheine, and I all came from RTwP backgrounds (IE games, NWN engine), after all. But as we've put together our concepts, we've found that that what we want to do can be accomplished very well through TB. That result was certainly a surprise to me. We can certainly adjust our parameters, if necessary--but TB looks like the best option to me right now."

:obviously:

Murk

Arcane
That fucking Obsidian thread.

Good job bros; keep up the good fight.

Realization seeps in: of the 6 games that I am looking forward to, 4 are definitely turn based (AOD, blackguards, D:OS, W2) 1 is possibly turn based (torment) and one is PE.

Dayamn. What the hell happened?

Last edited:

hiver

I had to get my bro to do the pledge since I don't have a credit card, now I can't sample the RTWPfag tears. :(
well just give him cash for your copy. or go around and ask people you know could you pay for something on the internet with their card.

/
were about 80-90 ahead last few hours.

hah, old Tb has some powah, who would have thought huh?

all came from RTwP backgrounds (IE games, NWN engine), after all. But as we've put together our concepts, we've found that that what we want to do can be accomplished very well through TB. That result was certainly a surprise to me.
now this sounds interesting. :)

smells like something good might have happened there. :P

Rake

Arcane
I don't realy disagree, and i voted TB because:
If inXile proves me wrong and delivers great combat, i don't care whatever is chosen as i will enjoy both equaly.
If somehow fucks it up, i vastly prefer bad TB from bad RTwP. (but i don't think ToN or W2 combat will be bad, just simplistic)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I really enjoyed reading that one rtwp-supporter going ballistic at RPS. I think there might have been two of 'em in fact. Maybe it's just trolling but it's still fun.

It'll be just perfect if a large amount of backers demand refunds when they don't get their way. Even better if inXile refuses. If they have such passionate feelings about whether or not a game should have turn-based or pausable real-time combat maybe they shouldn't have donated money to a project that wasn't sure which one it wanted to go with. They made their bed, now they get to sleep in it. That goes for you guise too. :smug:

imweasel

UberDan - Chairman Weresheepcat of Sin about 3 hours ago
Colin weighs in on TB vs RTwP on twitter:

Walter White ‏@talharbash 24h
@ColinMcComb What vote did you cast?

@talharbash A gentleman never tells. (I went TB... and I'll explain why in these following tweets).

"When we started the KS, we were agnostic about the kind of system we wanted. @SaundersKevin, @adamheine, and I all came from RTwP backgrounds (IE games, NWN engine), after all. But as we've put together our concepts, we've found that that what we want to do can be accomplished very well through TB. That result was certainly a surprise to me. We can certainly adjust our parameters, if necessary--but TB looks like the best option to me right now."

:obviously:
Well, i'd say that Colin pretty much spilled the beans as to what system they were planning on implementing (which is TB).

hiver

Rake
yeah ok. no prob.
i was just asking. (it did sound a bit like going down the route of well, the combat may as well suck - defeatist view :P)

and i wanted to say that its not like W2 system will be copy pasted whole. i mean, different setting, different mechanics of the Numenera PnP, different skills, esoteries, numenera, creatures, companions, weird equipment, amd on and on, of course.
Its not like they take Wasteland 2 specific rules and skills and mechanics and just use that in TToN.

Its more about using that technology. Basically it will be a new TToN specific system, using same underlying technology W2 has. Not W2 stuff itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really enjoyed reading that one rtwp-supporter going ballistic at RPS. I think there might have been two of 'em in fact. Maybe it's just trolling but it's still fun.

It'll be just perfect if a large amount of backers demand refunds when they don't get their way. Even better if inXile refuses. If they have such passionate feelings about whether or not a game should have turn-based or pausable real-time combat maybe they shouldn't have donated money to a project that wasn't sure which one it wanted to go with. They made their bed, now they get to sleep in it. That goes for you guise too. :smug:

I've been informed that no refunds will be offered to backers who ares dissatisfied with the combat system. +M

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why would you think this when they specifically said they wouldn't do it?

Ah, wasn't aware they did. Well it's nice to see them being smart in advance, mind boggles why they would even have this vote if it was all pretty much settled.

hiver

Since ultimately both options, and even the third proposed before - would have been fine with me, i dont really see a problem with this vote.

heck - this thing is unique from the first idea about doing it, onward.

There still hasnt been any usual or "proper" procedure about TToN whole this time, including a completely new whole setting, and way of financing and being in unique position on that level... we should be happy they are even using a "computer graphical engine" to make it at this point.
Thats about the most usual thing about it.

:P

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Andre

Arcane
It saddens me that about 90% of the people that voted did not play enough RPGs to be able to have a relevant opinion. At least that's my impression after skimming their forum. Most of them voted on what they think the words TBS or RTwP mean, but they have no actual gameplay experience to tie those concepts to...well, except dragon age and DnD online I suppose.

Still, as long as TB wins, fuck'em !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom