Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This kind of attitude was ever more present on the Heroes of Might and Magic VI forums where all the warning signs of a terrible game were all out there but there was always one slimy "optimist", one fuck-up that wanted to appear as the pacifist intellectual that wanted to temper all the spirits invoking the restrain card, the "let's not judge first, let's wait and see" card.

What specifically was wrong with Heroes of Might and Magic VI?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno... maybe wait until you see how it turns out?

If there is something that I despise more than anything is these kind of stupid posters that always have this rebuttal, "let's wait and see how it turns out first!"
And what then you stupid fuck?
What then? Don't buy the game, shit on it all you want, etc. I didn't know that being optimist is considered slimy. Oh well, you can still go back being a miserable guy with a depression.

Robert Jarzebina

LOL the glorious butthurt in this thread

P8NJk2v.gif

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This kind of attitude was ever more present on the Heroes of Might and Magic VI forums where all the warning signs of a terrible game were all out there but there was always one slimy "optimist", one fuck-up that wanted to appear as the pacifist intellectual that wanted to temper all the spirits invoking the restrain card, the "let's not judge first, let's wait and see" card.

If you know what you're getting into, nothing, really. It's a Ubisoft HOMM game that just happens to try to create an 'epic' campaign from multiple view points where each mission is basically a humongous map full of weird, cheesing bullshit and repetitive combat. There's only so many battles that one can handle before you'll end up going 'fuck this shit, auto-resolve' and end up losing because the auto-resolve AI is abysmal. But overall the factions are pretty cool, and I liked them more than the ones in V. All of this information is pretty much the same for VII.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Perhaps you'd be better off in a place where the epitome is to be a retarded fanbot and swallow every piece of shit that's put in front of you.

Jesus, you are a stupid little shit.

TTON may well turn out to be bad, but flying off the handle months before release with "DURRRRRR FARGO LIED TO US BECUZ CONSOLEZZZ" despite a complete lack of evidence that console development has had any impact whatsoever is pathetic.

I dunno... maybe wait until you see how it turns out? Maybe don't go into an emo rage every time there's the slightest alteration in plans?

Sure thing, bro, wait and see, the attitude of the true intellectual.

Again, go fuck yourself, moron. "Wait and see" does nothing, except give morons like you the delusion that they are more mature, because fuck, if keeping your calm is not mature then what then what is, amirite?

Wait and see also mysteriously turns into "wait some more" when it turns out the game is shit, but 100 patches, the director's cut and 2 expansions will totally make it great. And you have to play it at least 7 times to get it.

In other words there's never a time to complain, but you can always cheer like a moron.

And for once, if you adhere so much to this philosophy, I'd like to see you say the same to braindeads like Intinium. I'm sure an attitude of "LULLL DIS GONNA BE SO GUUUUUDDDD" months before release is equally pathetic? Or not?

I didn't know that being optimist is considered slimy.

Maybe not, apparently being an optimist just so you are an optimist is something good.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
So I wonder what Fargo's going to say about those super cringeworthy videos he did with his wife's son where he had the dumb kid pretend to be a modern publisher?
you mean those videos that everyone on the codex was gushing over?

what wasn't?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Perhaps you'd be better off in a place where the epitome is to be a retarded fanbot and swallow every piece of shit that's put in front of you.

Jesus, you are a stupid little shit.

TTON may well turn out to be bad, but flying off the handle months before release with "DURRRRRR FARGO LIED TO US BECUZ CONSOLEZZZ" despite a complete lack of evidence that console development has had any impact whatsoever is pathetic.

I dunno... maybe wait until you see how it turns out? Maybe don't go into an emo rage every time there's the slightest alteration in plans?

Sure thing, bro, wait and see, the attitude of the true intellectual.

Again, go fuck yourself, moron. "Wait and see" does nothing, except give morons like you the delusion that they are more mature, because fuck, if keeping your calm is not mature then what then what is, amirite?

Wait and see also mysteriously turns into "wait some more" when it turns out the game is shit, but 100 patches, the director's cut and 2 expansions will totally make it great. And you have to play it at least 7 times to get it.

In other words there's never a time to complain, but you can always cheer like a moron.

And for once, if you adhere so much to this philosophy, I'd like to see you say the same to braindeads like Intinium. I'm sure an attitude of "LULLL DIS GONNA BE SO GUUUUUDDDD" months before release is equally pathetic? Or not?

I didn't know that being optimist is considered slimy.

Maybe not, apparently being an optimist just so you are an optimist is something good.

You really are a butthurt moronic autistic retarded kid in every sense of the wording. You're like the new Hiver.

1. "Wait and see" is a perfectly fine argument, because the game is not ready yet, and thus is still in its iterative processes of changing things and listening to feedback. It's pretty retarded to draw conclusions to an unfinished product. You can do that, when you have the final release in your hands. Obviously you shouldn't just blindly accept whatever the developers throw at you, which brings me to point 2).

2. There is a time for feedback and constructive criticism, and that time is right now and has been ongoing for the past 6 months. Torment certainly has flaws and i've seen quite alot of great criticism and feedback from the other threads. InXile have even listening to this feedback, and have been changing the game(beta) to match those expectations.

3. The beta is already here, and you can go play it to get your own impressions. So far, most impressions I've seen haven't been near as bad as you make them out to be. In fact, the beta doesn't come close to playing or feeling like a "console game" at all. There is simply no evidence or reason to believe, that the game at this stage and content, would be dumbed down or redesigned to fit a more streamlined console experience. Obviously, that's not a guarantee, but it's better than nothing, and certainly better than just going off full retard and butthurt mode like you do, spouting all kinds of stupid shit, e.g. FARGO LIED TO USS, the game is PURE CONSOLE SHIT.. and so on. Makes you look even a bigger retard than you already are.

You are a bigot, a hater and always one of the first to blow things out of proportions and let your negative attitude infect others. Your arguments are nonexistent, and your constant shitposting and screaming about the injustices of game development and the hatecrusade against Inxile is getting old and tiring. Find some new material, champ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FeelTheRads has actually played the Torment beta and likes it, and I think he doesn't really believe the console port will ruin anything. He's being contrarian about it regardless because that's the way he rolls

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I wonder what Fargo's going to say about those super cringeworthy videos he did with his wife's son where he had the dumb kid pretend to be a modern publisher?
you mean those videos that everyone on the codex was gushing over?
I think he means the ones that charmed thousands and made millions for his company. Oh wait, same videos.

"I wonder what Fargo's going to say about them" ... when? When he gets hauled in front of a judge for his crimes against humanity? :roll:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm guessing the best course of action currently is to forget about the project until some 7-8 months post-release, when a Director's Cut version gets released.
What would be the selling points of a Torment director's cut? You can't simply upscale the textures like you would with a 3d game and spending 4 years writing a video game story only to overhaul it less than a year after release would be rather odd. Gameplay overhaul seems unlikely considering they're using a ruleset adapted from a tabletop game.

In fact, the lack of a planned director's cut may have been a factor in the decision for a simultaneous multi-platform release (rather than release the director's cut later on consoles).

Consider also this: When Torment is released, inXile will have been working on it for almost four years(!). I'm sure they want to move on to new things.

I'm guessing the best course of action currently is to forget about the project until some 7-8 months post-release, when a Director's Cut version gets released.
What would be the selling points of a Torment director's cut? You can't simply upscale the textures like you would with a 3d game and spending 4 years writing a video game story only to overhaul it less than a year after release would be rather odd. Gameplay overhaul seems unlikely considering they're using a ruleset adapted from a tabletop game.

In fact, the lack of a planned director's cut may have been a factor in the decision for a simultaneous multi-platform release (rather than release the director's cut later on consoles).

Consider also this: When Torment is released, inXile will have been working on it for almost four years(!). I'm sure they want to move on to new things.

I do hope we will still get patches at least one year after release. I remember Wasteland 2 had bugs that made the game broken in Hollywood area. Hope that won't be the case here.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
The game was funded under the promise of being a PC exclusive cRPG.
TTON's Kickstarter Campaign said:
*CTRL-F* 'console'

1 result.

What about other platforms (OUYA, Steambox, tablets, consoles, etc.)?

This Kickstarter is focused on making the best computer RPG possible and we are focused on PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux. Other platforms may be possible at a later time, but all funds from this Kickstarter will focus on making the best computer gaming experience possible.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You are a bigot, a hater and always one of the first to blow things out of proportions and let your negative attitude infect others.

"waaah waaah I can't enjoy everything shoved down my throat cuz the evil man is saying bad things about it"

Retard, plz. If you are so stupid to let others "infect" you with their "attitude", maybe you should kill yourself.

It's pretty retarded to draw conclusions to an unfinished product.

Except "awesome game omg" apparently.

The beta is already here, and you can go play it to get your own impressions.

I did you, braindead moron. I'm not "drawing" any conclusions. The fact is that nothing good can come out of console development. The best to hope for is that it won't affect the PC version at all. And there is a very slim chance of that.

There's literally no chance of this being a good thing.

So no, I have no proof that the game was dumbed down, but unless you are dildolos and thus severely handicapped mentally you can imagine that if a company is developing for multiple platforms at the same time they will consider all those platforms when they implement features into their game. Which is completely different from first releasing the game on a platform and then later porting it and doing changes to adapt the game to the other platforms.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The game was funded under the promise of being a PC exclusive cRPG.
TTON's Kickstarter Campaign said:
*CTRL-F* 'console'

1 result.

What about other platforms (OUYA, Steambox, tablets, consoles, etc.)?

This Kickstarter is focused on making the best computer RPG possible and we are focused on PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux. Other platforms may be possible at a later time, but all funds from this Kickstarter will focus on making the best computer gaming experience possible.

Fargo's relationship with EA goes back to 1985, when he made the original Bard's Tale for the then fledgling publisher. 28 years on, he's still making innovative games for the PC market; but does he have any plans to bring his latest games to current or next-generation consoles? After all, Torment won't release until 2015. "It’s certainly possible and technically feasible," he says. "However, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts. We don’t spend any of our time wondering whether it can or can’t be done on consoles, because that isn’t our charter. Our charter is to deliver these first versions".

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just to make sure we catch everyone: we'll be interviewing Brian Fargo™ and attending a Brian Fargo™ presentation at Gamescom. Your questions may go here. He's also offering autographs, but I can't think of anything for him to sign.

Rev

Arcane
I hope you'll ask him some tough questions about the recent console port news and point out how he's doing the opposite of what he said in all his past interviews, as in the quote above provided by Lurker King.
Also, what future does he see for inXile, now that he pretty much shattered the faith backers could have in him and crowdfunding for videogames is not going as well as it was in 2012/2013.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No, I'm not joking. I see that in Brian Fargo. That's a guy who tells you to fuck your mother. A lot. He's an ass. I feel it in my bones. I feel it in my balls. I feel it in my spinal fluid. He's the guy. That tells you: fuck your mohter.

Some women at some gossip site did in fact claim that Fargo is into some really unusual sexual things. :M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just to make sure we catch everyone: we'll be interviewing Brian Fargo™ and attending a Brian Fargo™ presentation at Gamescom. Your questions may go here. He's also offering autographs, but I can't think of anything for him to sign.

The interview and presentation have been summarily cancelled, either on Techland's or on inXile's behalf. Details here.

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane
InXile's really beyond pathetic now.
They sure as hell should hope that Torment sells a lot, because otherwise they can't go back to their frauds crowdfunding campaigns now.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brother None has replied on the official forums about the consolization scare:

Brother None said:
Goral said:
Sorry but I don't believe that this decision won't have a huge impact on PC version. Look at how shitty UI has become in W2 : DC and how tedious trading has become.
Well, the nice thing is you're already able to play our PC version and see the UI. All our backers have been able to jump into Early Access for a while now, and the UI has been complete for a while now. Do you think we're going to re-do the PC UI at this point?

Brian Fargo said:
However, we’ve gone to the crowd and they’ve given us money for a very specific purpose, which is to put our games on the PC, Mac and Linux. So that’s where we’re expending 100% of our efforts.
And that's correct - all our crowdfunding money was spent towards the PC, Mac and Linux version, plus additional monies from our back catalog. Not just did all the backer money go towards making the PC game the best it could be, we even added to that. How does a port of the game financed outside crowdfunding affect this effort, then? It's not like we're diverting funds or effort that could otherwise go to PC into consoles, it's a separate effort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom