Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
From George Ziets' description of the game's storyline at the BT4 party, it doesn't sound like Sagus is half the game, though it might be close.

The BT4 party was before they brought in Keenan to be this game's Guido Henkel. :)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Who is Keenan again?

The Closer. Wasteland 2's lead, now replacing ksaun so he can make the the unpopular, tough decisions to satisfy Fargo's desire to ship Torment by the end of next year come hell or high water.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who is Keenan again?

The Closer. Wasteland 2's lead, now replacing ksaun so he can make the the unpopular, tough decisions to satisfy Fargo's desire to ship Torment by the end of next year come hell or high water.

They might have also sacrificed ksaun's salary in order to be able to afford the game's full development time. :M I think it was always going to come out next year, question is when.

http://www.twitch.tv/quill18/v/7297673 1:05:25 Location order overview

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Four to nine months after initial beta release, based on previous numbers (Wasteland 2 spent 5 months in "beta" and an additional 4 in beta, Pillars took 7 months).

throwaway

Cipher
Hows the codex going to handle the Beta thing? I don't want to be spoiled half the game by idiots sperging in the BETA thread but I'd like to stay fairly in touch (and the frontpage posts are too sparse).

Athelas

Arcane
Hows the codex going to handle the Beta thing? I don't want to be spoiled half the game by idiots sperging in the BETA thread but I'd like to stay fairly in touch (and the frontpage posts are too sparse).
What, do you think is a restaurant where you are asked if you want your spoilers well-done or rare? If you want to avoid spoilers, stay as far away from any Torment discussion as you can.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So a couple of days ago I asked on the official inXile forums if Brian Mitsoda actually wrote anything for the game (as was promised in the Kickstarter) since afair he was never mentioned in any update.
Until now there are zero responses to this thread. Which makes this whole thing a bit odd.
Or have I just missed something and the Codex knows more about his actual involvement?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

So a couple of days ago I asked on the official inXile forums if Brian Mitsoda actually wrote anything for the game (as was promised in the Kickstarter) since afair he was never mentioned in any update.
Until now there are zero responses to this thread. Which makes this whole thing a bit odd.
Or have I just missed something and the Codex knows more about his actual involvement?

Your mistake was asking on the inXile forums instead of CMcC Adam Heine ksaun Brother None

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why are they letting their writers script anything? You'd think this is a bad idea, asking somebody from arts and humanities to do something that requires rigid thinking.

Fry

Arcane
Heine is the design lead as well as a writer, isn't he?

Small studio and a relatively small budget. People multitask.

Fry

Arcane
Even by Codex standards, that's some try hard trolling there.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Even by Codex standards, that's some try hard trolling there.
And why exactly is that?

He got rejected by 140 agencies for some stupid novella alone, that should tell you everything you need to know about the man as a writer. He's only on the project because of some bleeding heart, cause he can't write for shit. Also, he's the ultimate cuck for adopting a dozen kids from other daddies - that should tell you about his loser personality. You should also read his blog to get an idea of his self-pitying pathetic attitude. On top of that, he's a SJW retard. His torment novellas are utter boring shit, too, if you want constructive critique. Torment would be better off without his cuckold involvement.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
:avatard: Somebody's off his meds.

Yeah. He was hiding the meds in his anus, then one day hid in the broom closet and sneak up on the computer while the nurses weren't watching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom