Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't wait for the "wait and see" dumbfucks to show up again.

Come on, tell us how that's not dumbing down and how we need more proof.

The part that Bubbles didn't quote provides some proof.

Yes, I can close the pop-up after it has opened. That doesn't change the fact that it's telling me how to beat the encounter.

Then go to the inXile forums and ask for an option to have it closed by default.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Oh come on, did you lads expect owt else? Almost all games treat you like you're retarded nowadays, accept it, we are pariahs who will never be catered to. Games will eventually just play emselves without input, an the cinematic experience will be lauded. Dungeon Siege were prophetic.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Probably had something to do that with that "old-school" pitch, but it was indeed stupid to expect they wouldn't use the typical console (and not only, unfortunately) messages blinking on your screen continuously telling you what's the next step, just in case you forgot.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It seems like a weird thing to get mad at considering this genre has had quest logs telling you exactly who to talk to to proceed in a quest outside of combat since, well, Planescape: Torment but eh.

:retarded::retarded::retarded:

Yes, quest logs told you exactly what to do. Sure.

Shilling is back in full force, I see. Hey, maybe they'll forgive you for that breach of confidentiality, eh?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems like a weird thing to get mad at considering this genre has had quest logs telling you exactly who to talk to to proceed in a quest outside of combat since, well, Planescape: Torment but eh.

:retarded::retarded::retarded:

Yes, quest logs told you exactly what to do. Sure.

Shilling is back in full force, I see. Hey, maybe they'll forgive you for that breach of confidentiality, eh?

The level of detail might vary, but the logic is, if the combat sequences in this game are like quests, then it makes some degree of sense that they should have a quest log just like you have outside of combat.

The counter-argument would be that as "Crises", these battles should be more opaque and puzzle-like than the rest of the game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
A quest log doesn't tell you how to solve the quest.

That on-screen tips and hints are compared to quest logs only shows how far into the decline we are.

Truly we are in the abyss.

norolim

Arcane
What the hell, I read right past this:

When a Crisis encounter starts, we now display a small panel on the side of the screen to signal your main objective and some optional possibilities. We won't tell you every route available to resolve an encounter, so there will still be things to discover and experiment with, but this will serve as a reminder in case you aren't sure what your goal is.

0XcX8NG.jpg

But... but... why?
Oh, for fuck's sake...

It seems like a weird thing to get mad at considering this genre has had quest logs telling you exactly who to talk to to proceed in a quest outside of combat since, well, Planescape: Torment but eh. They should add the option. Here, I asked myself: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&p=175452#p175452

Oh, come the fuck on, bro. This is bullshit, and you know it. Unless you mean nu-Bioware and other similar and recent "representatives of this genre".
Oh, and the way you worded that question, I'm pretty confident you made sure inXile won't even bother. Very helpful.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh, and the way you worded that question, I'm pretty confident you made sure inXile won't even bother. Very helpful.

Please add an option to have these closed by default to prevent Codex rage

Question? That's actually saying "please keep them open at all times and with no possibility to close them".

Cucking intensifies.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The decline and casualisation is inevitable, Wasteland 4 or TToN 2 will be first-person action rpg larping simulator like Bethesda's shit...and Infishilltron will be shilling for them even then.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I briefly forgot that sea is responsible for Torment's UI, and he's also behind these "improvements". He really should have known better.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I briefly forgot that sea is responsible for Torment's UI, and he's also behind these "improvements". He really should have known better.
Sea is full of himself, like most modders turned so called developers, worse... He's a true believer, unlike BN which will basically demean himself to anyone who would offer him a job in the business.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
To start, you might recall we previously talked about anoetic and occultic actions in earlier updates. Now, we've renamed them to your "move" action and "attack" action to make their uses clearer

:lol: the problems of pretentious SJW's catering to retards

Also I suggested some visual feedback for the tides right after the campaign :yeah:

Space Insect

Arcane
So with these new casualization "improvements", can we finally say that over half of inXile's player base belongs to a basket of deplorables?

:mrpresident:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The dialogues already dish out xp so frequently that your character might as well have a permanent halo. I wonder if they're trying to create the visual equivalent of the Fallout 3 "cash register" effect.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
This game is going to one of the best ever. I love that guy Monte cook.

When it comes out I know the Codex members on Steam will be all over it like they were over Fallout 4.

I am quite excited about it. Not long left!

Prime Junta

When a Crisis encounter starts, we now display a small panel on the side of the screen to signal your main objective and some optional possibilities. We won't tell you every route available to resolve an encounter, so there will still be things to discover and experiment with, but this will serve as a reminder in case you aren't sure what your goal is. If you're the type that doesn't want any assistance at all, you can simply hide this popup at any time by clicking the arrow button on it.

3f4ad46ab7a75955a41bc16758a072ca_original.jpg

Hey I have an idea. What if there was a compass on the screen that pointed in the direction you want to go next?

Seriously. What the fuck is this shit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom