Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera announced for PS4 and Xbox One, gets new trailer

Zeriel

Arcane
What's this blacklisting stuff plastered all over the site? Did InXile really lose their shit over Codex, or is DU memeing again?

Melcar

Arcane
What's this blacklisting stuff plastered all over the site? Did InXile really lose their shit over Codex, or is DU memeing again?

Yeah, they Jewed the Codex out of their money. But now we are discussing Fargo's deviant lifestyle and failed marriages. Much more interesting conversation.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That face is very distracting. Can't concentrate on the TITS.

You can put a towel over the face.

Yeah but once you see it, that shit will burn right through the towel.

Gabriel_Knight_The_Beast_Within.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just so you know, we’re not blacklisting you guys, but have been asked to cancel your demo appointment.

That's a statement of the outside agency's stance, not of Techland or inXile. The difference is fairly clear:

we have been requested to let you

The reason we’ve been given is

we’ve understandably been asked to take action

we’re not blacklisting you guys, but have been asked to cancel your demo appointment

Techland never communicated with us again after asking for Infinitron's real name, and inXile warned us that we had committed a felony for PR.

Darkzone

Arcane
How the hell a multimillionaire ends up banging something that grotesque?

Look at his house. Millionaires don't have tastes of the common people. He likes 'em surgically altered, e.g. his second wife here https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/674436481771962372/uIbe8vMJ.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHJktjOCMAAu4XG.jpg

People you should always go after the man and not his family. And parents, wives and children are family.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

Look at his house. Millionaires don't have tastes of the common people. He likes 'em surgically altered, e.g. his second wife here https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/674436481771962372/uIbe8vMJ.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHJktjOCMAAu4XG.jpg

People you should always go after the man and not his family. And parents, wives and children are family.

Codex shows no mercy.
No one is safe.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Are you white knighting plastic golddigger whores? :lol:

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Lets do some basic math and business calculations. We know two things about Wasteland 2, there were at least 100k keys out before it launched, and the kickstarter covered about half the total dev cost.

So let's call that 500k in new sales. Wasteland 2 sells for $40 full price, but has been discounted many times, let's say average selling price is $30 (this is probably higher than reality, but we don't know).

$30 * 500k sales = 15 million in raw revenue.

Steam/GOG/etc take a 30% cut. So that leaves 10.5 million as revenue to InXile.

They pay back what they spend making Wasteland 2, leaves 7.5 in profit.

Then they pay taxes, in California is gonna be p high, I'd expect that leaves them with ~4 million dollars to invest in future projects.

This doesn't even consider Fargo and the other owners of InXile might want some of that profit to go to them.

They don't pay taxes on their revenue just on any 'profits'. Since they will invest most of the money and use it to pay employees they won't really pay much tax, though the employees will.

So funny how everyone called me a stupid asshole for saying that for every million raised at least a million went in someone's pocket. Probably way more in reality.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
It's like all you had to do was a brief post and comprehend it, yet you didn't or couldn't.

Well shit for brains, whose fault is that. Great fucking writing skills :lol:

Anyway I was not responding to your shitty post per se, just the sales figures obviously. Now eat a rotting horse dick and die.

Thonius

Arcane
Lets do some basic math and business calculations. We know two things about Wasteland 2, there were at least 100k keys out before it launched, and the kickstarter covered about half the total dev cost.

So let's call that 500k in new sales. Wasteland 2 sells for $40 full price, but has been discounted many times, let's say average selling price is $30 (this is probably higher than reality, but we don't know).

Then they pay taxes, in California is gonna be p high, I'd expect that leaves them with ~4 million dollars to invest in future projects.

This doesn't even consider Fargo and the other owners of InXile might want some of that profit to go to them.

They don't pay taxes on their revenue just on any 'profits'. Since they will invest most of the money and use it to pay employees they won't really pay much tax, though the employees will.

So funny how everyone called me a stupid asshole for saying that for every million raised at least a million went in someone's pocket. Probably way more in reality.
Did you read it in Panama Papers or what? Kinda hard to believe that gov wont milk em hard.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma

Did you read it in Panama Papers or what? Kinda hard to believe that gov wont milk em hard.

That's how every business works. You think that every time money changes hands 50% of it disappears? :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It wouldn't take us more than 3 years to make AoD 2 with the same team, less if we were to expand and hire 3-4 people.
And you know my opinion about that damn well:
What the hell are you waiting for!

THANKS A LOT INXILE I ONLY PUT 300 DOLLARS INTO THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER FOR YOU TO SHIT
IN
MY
MOUTH
Man, I paid only $120 for PoE but what I got was The Stash™ and combat that left me with 14.28% satisfaction for 0.23 sec.

RK47 posts the best shit :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom