Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tomes of Mephistopheles - ARPG Alpha Sale

Licaon_Kter

Augur
Well, I'm not going to try to justify anyone getting into a flame war. I've had my share of 30 page flame wars back in the day. I don't do that sort of thing anymore. Some people are just new to the whole troll experience and don't know how to deal with it yet. We're here to offer you guys a fun game, that's all.
You are right, trolling it is: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA3NDU Nice move ;)

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
So, how long until we see Tomes of Mephistopheles up on Kickstarter? Might be worth a shot, especially if Kot-in-Action were to promise Alpha/Beta access to certain pledging-tiers, like they do with the 10$ pre-order on their Homepage. Gamers are suckers for that kind of stuff. Makes them feel special.
And right now there are not many games up on Kickstarter that are similar to Tomes of Mephistopheles. Other things they got going for them is that they actually have a build of ToM they can show off in the pitch vid, finished games in the past and mentioning that they were part of a Humbebundle couldn't hurt either, I guess.

It's all about how you sell the experience. Before you know it you have to yell "STOP THROWING ALL YOUR MONEYZ AT US!". But don't wait too long, the initial Kickstarter gold rush might soon be diminishing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Seriously, if all you need is $3k I really doubt you'd have a hard time getting that. Just need more publicity. No need to waste time pandering/trolling some oafs at an obscure linux forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom