Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered from Aspyr - for real this time

Hell Swarm

Learned
To the contrary, it is GOOD for business. They've been baiting "alt-right" gamers and leftist extremists against each other for decades now, and like retards most fall for the bait. It pretty much guarantees success.
Getting both sides mad at you at the same time doesn't result in success.
Nothing results in much success any more. They're not selling you a product, they're selling you a narrative life style.

Semiurge

Cipher
How does a random issue affect only those posters and not anything else in the game ?

There have been countless other texture glitches caused by patches that only autists notice. When the same random thing happens to sexy stuff, everyone notices.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can preorder now
:d1p:
https://limitedrungames.com/?dt_id=88413
GOGtlhJX0AApDdN

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol, didn’t someone discover recently that they have been using cheap burned discs for their releases instead of actually having them pressed?

Anyways, never buy anything from those woke morons.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dunno how Crystal Dynamics could play through that and assume that the game is uncritically on Lara's side or making any kind of statement in favour of destroying priceless historical artifacts (which they puzzlingly call "colonialism" even though Lara's definitely not acting on behalf of the British government, given that she kills British citizens and wrecks state property).
That's the joke, Crystal Dynamics probably never played through the classic TR games (too difficult).

Ash

Arcane
To the contrary, it is GOOD for business. They've been baiting "alt-right" gamers and leftist extremists against each other for decades now, and like retards most fall for the bait. It pretty much guarantees success.
Getting both sides mad at you at the same time doesn't result in success.

It's not at the same time.

Also, history shows otherwise. Every single controversial game sold either well enough, or extremely well. The opposite to that is invisible games that nobody cared about and tanked.

One of the fastest ways for any company to generate publicity and sales is with controversial content. Controversy is a seed that can quickly breed publicity in an exponential fashion. That’s because as the controversial story gains popularity, more journalists and media companies seem to write about and replay the story.

https://www.i7marketing.com/blog/internetmarketing/turn-controversy-sales#:~:text=One of the fastest ways for any company,seem to write about and replay the story.

If gamers and journos weren't retarded and had standards, it wouldn't work. But alas...

Hopefully no shit-pushers are reading this. I am giving away factual nuggets of wisdom as usual.

Semiurge

Cipher
Lol, didn’t someone discover recently that they have been using cheap burned discs for their releases instead of actually having them pressed?

Anyways, never buy anything from those woke morons.

Who wants a physical edition of a game that's included in unpatched form on the disc. They're still going to release at least one patch for these, and I seriously doubt that the disc version includes an updated version of the game, or even the patch installers. You can download the latest patch and back it up, but still the only reasons to buy these tat-editions is the tat itself, and the possibility of scalping some idiot with it later. That, and making your nerd cave's "book"cases look grander.

I dunno how Crystal Dynamics could play through that and assume that the game is uncritically on Lara's side or making any kind of statement in favour of destroying priceless historical artifacts (which they puzzlingly call "colonialism" even though Lara's definitely not acting on behalf of the British government, given that she kills British citizens and wrecks state property).
That's the joke, Crystal Dynamics probably never played through the classic TR games (too difficult).

Their current crop of devs probably haven't. They've been raised by casual console filth, that is the common baseline for most american devs now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom