Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Tom Hall and Brenda Brathwaite Kickstart Turn-based Oldschool CRPG

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Took them 3 days to get from 247k to 250k. The vultures are circling. I bet we see more Grimoire links as it gets closer to Day 0.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Creator Loot Drop about 1 hour ago

Okay, folks, definitely working on updates, large and small, which will tell you more about the game, the world, and all. Yes, are working on two other internal projects, but want to get you folks as much detail as we can! We appreciate all of you sticking with us, and stuff is coming soon!

They might as well just save this for the next KS they do. Oh well guess it should be more entertainment at the very least.

Creator Loot Drop about 1 hour ago

Okay, folks, definitely working on updates, large and small, which will tell you more about the game, the world, and all. Yes, are working on two other internal projects, but want to get you folks as much detail as we can! We appreciate all of you sticking with us, and stuff is coming soon!

They might as well just save this for the next KS they do. Oh well guess it should be more entertainment at the very least.

They are really stupid. Yes they should be saving that for a new kickstarter. But it can have more entertainment value though. :smug:

I am :butthurt: actually that a potential Wizardry successor dies like this and possibly ruins other potential kickstarters of first person, party based rpgs.

All of because of their stupidity and laziness. Not because people aren't interested. But this failure might be interpreted so. :(

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
This is just where people twist the screws to remind people that a Wizardry successor has been completed and will ship in May. And unlike Brenda Bathsalts, there isn't a 1 million dollar bribe required to think about it.

Well look at the bright side, now they have more time to make the ever anticipated Pettington Park 2.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yes, are working on two other internal projects, but want to get you folks as much detail as we can!

:retarded:

They should put that in the update too: Hey guys, we're actually working on some other shit and just put this up to get money without doing anything but it doesn't work so here, take this chewed-up bone.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Barry Pitcher 18 minutes ago

Well i am not risking my money on this project anymore. I really hoped it was going to happen, but considering the lack of any real meat to the bones I can't say I have much faith even if the project does get funded.
Nearly half the way in and we still basically have nothing. The last update was an update on how they came up with an update!
I shall follow with interest, but I am not risking my money on a project as badly run as this has been.

Ryan ries 1 minute ago

this small update better be damn good cause they have been working on it for almost a week now!!!!!!!! all i know is that i have heard in 2 days a big new game is about to drop on kickstarter, so i am guessing this one is going to be pretty much dead

Ham Wizard just now

Too much "Coming soon" and too little "Here's info now"
I'm out until you sort this. Later guys.

:smug:

darkling

Educated
I was kinda hoping for more than this. They launched a Kickstarter during a period where they're obviously too busy doing other things to maintain it. They're asking for $1m.... they should be there every goddamn day posting updates. They should be in the comments communicating back and forth with the backers. This is just stupid. :(

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I was kinda hoping for more than this. They launched a Kickstarter during a period where they're obviously too busy doing other things to maintain it. They're asking for $1m.... they should be there every goddamn day posting updates. They should be in the comments communicating back and forth with the backers. This is just stupid. :(

Yeah Feargus was in the comment section of PE every single day of the KS answering questions.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Think the next 2 weeks or so, people are just going to use the Shaker page to advertise other KS projects that have a chance of making it. Already someone posted a Star Citizen one. At least the place will be useful for something.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
...that a potential Wizardry successor dies like this and possibly ruins other potential kickstarters of first person, party based rpgs.

All of because of their stupidity and laziness. Not because people aren't interested. But this failure might be interpreted so. :(

I'm afraid of the same. There is a chance they ruin any other project which aims in the same direction.

Good Bye Wizardry games, Hello Isometric games.:rage:

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Kickstarter said:

Seriously?

I'm all for feminazi and such. But this is ridiculous. None of the women working in science I know would endorse this. It's one of the most sexist idea I've seen in my life. And I know about sexism for I am posting on an RPG forum. The project basically says: "the only way girls can be interested in science and engineering is to make everything cute and pink." Go to hell, you backward cunt!

And Loot Drop is backing that? Cleve seems like a much more sensible fellow suddenly.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
I knew from the first day, from the moment I watched that horrible video, that this was going to fail miserably...I was so uninterested that I didn't even bother to check back up on this KS.

Now, from the looks of it, by the end of their run they will be actually LOSING the money they've made so far.

Pathetic. It was just so obvious they wanted to cash in on the first day success of Double Fine, Wasteland 2 and Eternity. Fuck these greedy whores.

J1M

Arcane

mondblut

Arcane
The project basically says: "the only way girls can be interested in science and engineering is to make everything cute and pink."

I share your outrage. All the cuteness and pinkiness in the world wouldn't accomplish shit, yes.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What would be hilarious is when they restart the project they earn even less money.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
It's actually funny, I am sitting here refreshing every now and then and after the update they did about 2-3k or so, not it's slowly going backwards like 15,25,50 at a time. I don't know. Been one of the oddest KS projects I have seen in terms of people coming and going. The Grimoire spam is pretty funny though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom