Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ToEE question

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I was thinking to myself earlier, "What is a moathouse?" And I couldnt think of an answer. What is a moathouse? I had this vague idea in my head of a water mill or something, but that's likely wrong. The literal guess would be a house that sits across a moat at a castle, or maybe just over a river?

It seems it's not an official name or anything, maybe the denizens just called it that. Because of the moat. And the house.

Radisshu

Prophet
It's a house with fortifications containing easily killed bandits, a giant serpent, some rats, a dungeon, a crypt, an annoying villain and his personal guarde. It also has a secret exit that leads into a wasteland which reminds me a lot of the kobold mines in BG.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Radisshu said:
Gragt said:
uhjghvt said:
it's a house that's surrounded by a moat

Nonsense, it's a moat that surrounds a house.

Wouldn't that be a housemoat?

My grandmother always held the belief that a housemoat is a house built inside a moat by some sort of deranged architect and so far I have no reason to question her wisdom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom