Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Todd Howard on Skyrim

Luzur

Good Sir
Radisshu said:
Clockwork Knight said:
"Greetings, friend. Have you come seeking the RADIANT AI?" it is in another Castle.

Fixed

fixed again.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Mastermind said:
felipepepe said:
l3loodAngel said:
Am I the only one who thinks that you dont have to sarifice story to allow freedom. Besides how killing wife affects the fucking story?
No ideia. I could pretty much rape/kill the whole wasteland in Fallout, and then rape/kill The Master and finish the game.

That's because the story in fallout was almost non-existent. When I think "damn, that was a good story", Fallout isn't the first game that pops to mind.

Hundred bucks says that oblivion or skyrym doesnt pop either...

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Overweight Manatee said:
Mister Arkham said:
While I agree with your second paragraph completely, I can't think of a single game--indie or otherwise--that hasn't been shit upon by some branch of the Codex when it was brought up. At best, you can expect to see a thread praising a game generate a competitor thread that damns the game and those who enjoy it in a vitriolic storm of hatefucking. At worst, you can expect Skyway to show up.

Yes, its true that as the N->infinity, the chance of someone not liking any game goes to 0. Good to see you have mastered elementary math.

You're right, I never was very good at math. Maybe you can explain how your statement has anything the hell to do with what I said?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
l3loodAngel said:
Mastermind said:
felipepepe said:
l3loodAngel said:
Am I the only one who thinks that you dont have to sarifice story to allow freedom. Besides how killing wife affects the fucking story?
No ideia. I could pretty much rape/kill the whole wasteland in Fallout, and then rape/kill The Master and finish the game.

That's because the story in fallout was almost non-existent. When I think "damn, that was a good story", Fallout isn't the first game that pops to mind.

Hundred bucks says that oblivion or skyrym doesnt pop either...

Morrowind is the only TES that had a decent story anyway. I play the series for the open world fix so I don't really care either way.

DraQ

Arcane
Bahamut said:
What happens in Oblivion is you start the game, play for three hours, and then think "I want to start over, I chose wrong."

What really happens after 3 hours of gameplay is a feeling of sudden urge to uninstall that POS
Personally I think it's a rather classy euphemism for wanting to off yourself IRL, hoping for a reincarnation and memory reset.

Describes what you feel after trying oblivious pretty well too.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
sgc_meltdown said:
did that marketing also decide on the cover that probably killed 90% of impulse sales

Am I the only one who thinks that the cover of PST is actually rather awesome?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
if PST wasn't as good as it was you might think differently

as it is blue tom waits dreadlocks zombie is not a positive factor in on the spot purchase decisions

JarlFrank said:
sgc_meltdown said:
did that marketing also decide on the cover that probably killed 90% of impulse sales

Yes

Ok, maybe, but prospective buyers just see a blue, dried-up weirdo. Definitely not "whoa, whoa, now this I gotta see" material. Credit where it's due, they tried using the old "blue 'n' orange" trick to make it look more appealing.

256px-Planescape-torment-box.jpg

malichaixx

Novice
Well, that interview explains a lot

If how each game has improved graphically since Daggerfall, and has lost more gameplay, world area and storyline, by the time we reach Elder scrolls 7 it will be photorealistic, have a two sentence plot, three skills, and take place in an area the size of a city block.

Mister Arkham said:
I can't think of a single game--indie or otherwise--that hasn't been shit upon by some branch of the Codex when it was brought up

There was some fairly unilateral and uncodexian display of love for KOTC and DD2. Probably because since they're not AAA multiplatform games most didn't play them.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
sgc_meltdown said:

I've always liked it, but I can't escape the feeling that it's supposed to be part of a much larger, movie poster image. As it is, it could be better (and I don't think anyone has ever been able to tell my why TNO is blue), but by no means is it terrible. It's certainly better than all of the modern covers/boxes that are a colored or textured background with a big logo floating in the center of them.

Luzur

Good Sir
Re: Well, that interview explains a lot

malichaixx said:
If how each game has improved graphically since Daggerfall, and has lost more gameplay, world area and storyline, by the time we reach Elder scrolls 7 it will be photorealistic, have a two sentence plot, three skills, and take place in an area the size of a city block.

actually, Elder Scrolls 18 will be in a single large room in your house with 2 HD Hologram NPC's with Radiant Radiant AI Deluxe with a HD textured hologram table in the middle.

the ultimate in open world adventuring!

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Mister Arkham said:
So, when an Obsidian game ships with bugs and enough player freedom to cut off quests it's called "unplayable" but when a Bethesda game ships that way it's called "weirdness." You suck that big developer cock, Gamasutra.

I haven't had a lot of bug issues with Bethesda games, especially considering their size. Obshitian OTOH has given me two different products that had game killing bugs. NWN2, who glitched up after the first chapter and I had no way of continuing. And Fallout NV which shipped with a save game killing bug. In contrast, Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 all worked perfectly fine when I got them and I never encountered any particularly annoying bugs, let alone anything that actually killed my progress. In all 5 cases I bought the game on release (except maybe morrowind, can't really remember, but it was the xbox version so it's not like it got patched). When it comes to bugs, Obsidian and Bethesda are nowhere near the same league.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom