Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Todd Howard on Fallout 3

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Yes, Briosafreak can't spell "loser". He's a Belgian, though, and their national language is something like Swahili, not English.

He's portuguese, dumbnuts.

Araanor

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Oh yeah, take note that if this game does indeed turn out to suck, I won't be buying it nor will I be recommending it to anyone. Until then, I don't see the point in bashing Bethesda's hypothetical head in based on some stupid assumptions.
I don't agree with the more violent members of the fanbase, but whatever, as long as it gets the point across. As they go further into the development of the game, it'll get harder and harder to make changes of this scale. Now is probably better than any later time to speak up.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Re: Do the questions have to be factual?

Greenskin13 said:
Kathode know what he doing.

For great justice. Take off every zig.

You know what you doing, take off every zig.

Move zig. Move zig. Move zig. Take off every zig.

Sammael

Liturgist
Hmmm. Somebody's very bitter. What'd I miss?

BTW, even on the rare occasions when Feargus does take responsibility, it looks half-assed.

plin

Liturgist
Briosafreak said:
@plin

I`ve already explained why you`re a whining fanboy, mulefucker.

Nah, you didn't. You've already displayed your ability to throw out lame insults though. I'll quote you and write this again. Retort it bitch.

Briosafreak said:
plin i was telling you that your fanboysm was getting you to a point that you had lost the contact with reality, seeing how Bethesda was in grave danger, in your paranoid head. Until now you`ve only proved that i was right, and you are a bigger shitface molescule than i thought.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that I'm a fan of bethesda? Because I take a neutral stand point and make fun of people who judge and assume off of half-assed information (and give almost nothing but shit to the developers, and try to to influence your stupid little mob of idiots at your sites and use the excuse that you're a scarred fan because you've been fucked over? Listen kid, all the fans have been fucked over, but not all of us are whiny bitches about it)? If so, I'm proud of my "fanboyism" (logic).

Briosafreak

Augur
Look turdface, if someone starts whining about the sky falling off because some meanies are attacking with no grounds one development house, and that story doesn`t fit with the reality, then it`s usually fanboysm. But you might be right, i`ll concede on that, it might only be stupidity and the wish to stand out and cry your pain because you were gangbanged by your familly when you were young and now feel ashamed that you liked it.

The one beeing a whiny bitch in the first place was you, so go milk your momma kid, and leave this to the grown ups ok?

mr. lamat

Liturgist
only six year-olds use the term 'turdface'.

some of take a wait and see approach to the game. if fallout3 is good, i'll spend a few nights straight playing it. if it sucks, i'll turn it off and bang the grrlfriend. it's a hit and miss industry and it's varied as well. maybe bethesda will do something great, or maybe i'll just have to play a different game instead. it's no big loss in my life, or your's either, if you want to look at the situation rationally... but it seems like we're a little beyond that point.

Seven

Erudite
Because I take a neutral stand point and make fun of people who judge and assume off of half-assed information (and give almost nothing but shit to the developers, and try to to influence your stupid little mob of idiots at your sites and use the excuse that you're a scarred fan because you've been fucked over? Listen kid, all the fans have been fucked over, but not all of us are whiny bitches about it)? If so, I'm proud of my "fanboyism" (logic).

Oh, so your stance is neutral. At least have the decency to be honest. Yes I'm pessimistic, and perhaps even an asshole at times, but at least I'm honest about. Your blatant lies and your unwillingness to draw or assume logical conclusions gives you a lack of any credability. If you're not a fanboy then you're just a hard-headed ignoramous.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
mr. lamat said:
it's no big loss in my life, or your's either, if you want to look at the situation rationally... but it seems like we're a little beyond that point.

I don't know. I consider Fallout to be one of the best CRPGs ever made. If Bethesda decides to totally revamp Fallout rather than perhaps update the graphics and tweak some of the game mechanics that were so-so, then I think we have lost something. We've basically lost an entire segment of the genre, only to gain a trumped up open form first person shooter with a character system.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So Starcraft 2 will be first-person because it's more immersive and what gamers want? Diablo 3...?

Fun Factâ„¢: The best selling PC game of all time had what viewpoint? It's sequel, which was just released, has exactly the same viewpoint and is completely 3d, allowing you to rotate freely and zoom in for incredible close-ups.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Blizzard isn't making Starcraft Ghost, dummy. They actually outsourced that one. They have stated repeatedly that Ghost isn't supposed to be a replacement to Starcraft 2 and that game will go into development after WOW is completed.

So his argument sucks, and you missed the point.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
They didn't 'take it back'. They hired pretty much everyone who was developing it to work at Blizzard because Vivendi Universal wanted to keep things internal. Dimwit.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Isn't that pretty much developing 'internally', dimwit?

Also heard that Blizz changed the direction of the game from pure sneakness - as implemented by Nihilistic, and that the game is closer to your standard fps. This isn't a game I'm following, but that's what I heard last.

xemous

Arcane
sc fans dont want anything, they already got it all in sc
besides, the dudes that were responsible for starcraft left even before bill roper and the crew left, and with them gone its not even worth reading about

xna is really worrying me
if its implemented correctly every developer would be making console games porting them to pc

im just hoping m$ does what it does best, and fucks it up and its all buggy
http://www.microsoft.com/xna/
itll come with spyware and marketing adds as well and all that

i hope ati and nvidia stop supporting consoles, as if games are made core for the console, people will slowly migrate to the console, and there 3d cards on the pc will suffer, which is were they getting most sales from

i hope they realise this and not support the consoles

but with the rapid technololy released pc will quickly again outdate the consoles

but them, games like kotor still used shit graphics, so, time will tell..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom