Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ToC Guild Hall discussion

Surlent

Liturgist
i've seen sigils go around 40k and noticed people (including me) are getting anxious to grap a guild hall for our beloved guild Tyranny of Choice. It's practically not much if even few ppl are willing to throw few k's at the pot.

However there was talk in past that winning a sigil in HoH would be the solution we're gonna go. Ofcourse that isn't so simple, since finding a good team in random team match is more question of luck than skills. We could form a pvp group for random match together, fill in the missing spots with random members if need be and try to win the sigil. So what say you ?

Sarvis

Erudite
Just set a time and it should be cool. I don't have a character to the end of the game yet, but I think I can just make a PVP only character for it right?

Of course, I probably suck at pvp... ;)

whitemithrandir

Erudite
I'm not in the ToC guild (already have a guild of my own with a few RL friends) but if you need one more guy, I've a pretty beefed up nuker/ranger that's not too bad at PvP.

I'm also ready to get a guildhall. We're not exactly what I'd call a PvP guild, so I really wouldn't be bothered just buying the sigil. Spread around, it would be chump change for most of us I think. I can bring my w/mo or (preferably) make a PvP character, though, since I have basically all the warrior and monk skills unlocked and most of the necro and elementalist ones too. I have little experience with PvP so far but if that's what it takes to get the guildhall I'm in.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
We still don't have a guild hall? I think I stopped playing until we got one, Hammer of All Out by the way. Hmmm... Maybe I'll stop in later. I usually play a W/Me for PvP, usually Axe. That way you can attack more people at once. Also, the HoH is easier to get to at sometimes. I once made it there after only one battle.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I don't seem to have the time to do a heap of PvP. Or any type of play lately, actually.
But I'm willing to stop in and give a chosen representative some cash (as much as 10k if required?) if that is the route we take, and everyone is in agreement. It's not lke I need any money...
I'll check back here later.

Snuffles

Novice
As I understand it, a Guild Hall's use is in having GvG battles, do we have enough PvPers to make use of it?

Sarvis

Erudite
I'm eventually going to get more into PVP.. I'm basically just trying to get my first character to the end now though... then I figured I'd have all hte skills and everything I'd want for it.

Surlent

Liturgist
Seems like this thread got risen again, well anyways we got little impatient and got ourselves a sigil. Topic is now which guild hall you want. (You can scroll them in LA by talking to captain in boat.)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I'm easy, I'll take whatever is got. :wink:

Edit:
OKay, I actually had a look (with Tama).
Quite frankly, I was a little underwhelmed with most of them. Where is the personality?

Anyways, my first choice would be Isle of the Dead.
Its one of the Guild Halls that actually, umm, had a HALL; and it was big and forboding.

Frozen Isle also had some personality; but we would all perhaps look a little chilly in there :wink:

Burning Isle looked kewl; but I cant help but think we need a more evil sounding guild or evil looking cape before we chose that one.

As for the others - bland as sawdust!

As you will have noticed, I looked purely at aesthetics rather than things like defensible positions, choke points, and the like.
For this reason, I say I am willing to take anything that the wiser heads decide on.

Sarvis

Erudite
Shagnak said:
Burning Isle looked kewl; but I cant help but think we need a more evil sounding guild or evil looking cape before we chose that one.

More evil sounding than <b>Tyranny</b> of Choice? I mean, Tyranny! That's evil man! ;)

Yeah, I really want the burning island. Who cares about the hall itself?

Also was very disappointed with isle of the dead. I was expecting something spooky and/or supernatural... not just a redone version of the catacombs. :(

Sarvis

Erudite
Snow sucks. If it were ice caves I could see... but snow is just bland. The only decent part of that hall is the frozen lake...

Surlent

Liturgist
Summary of given votes looks like this:

Sol: Ice Isle

officers:
Surlent: Wizard Isle or Burning Isle
Orson(snails): Wizard Isle or Isle of Dead
Shagnak: Isle of Dead
Penny: Ice Isle
Tama(deathboy): Isle of Dead

normal members:
Gwen/Wormius: Wizard Isle or Isle of Dead
Sarvis: Burning Isle
Tiberius Imperator (psilon): Wizard Isle 1st, Burning 2nd, Dead 3rd
Ver De Gris: Warrior Isle
Sarthies Thornsong: Warrior Isle or Wizard Isle

Surlent

Liturgist
Okay, we have enough votes now. Wizard's isle and Isle of Dead seem most popular.

Orson/Seth/snails feel free to grab the hall anytime you want, since you have the sigil. You can use your own discretion how to count the votes. Tama suggested count only those who contributed to buying the hall, but at least we have some opinions collected for viewing from all around guild.

Sarvis

Erudite
Surlent said:
Okay, we have enough votes now. Wizard's isle and Isle of Dead seem most popular.

Orson/Seth/snails feel free to grab the hall anytime you want, since you have the sigil. You can use your own discretion how to count the votes. Tama suggested count only those who contributed to buying the hall, but at least we have some opinions collected for viewing from all around guild.

*sigh* Those were like my two <i>least</i> liked guild halls... you guys have terrible taste. ;)

ExitiumFan

Educated
Pathetic. You call yourselves role-players but you criticize Grimoire for being a single player RPG and then you play MMORPGs like this rubbish. You're not role-players.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
CleveFan said:
Pathetic. You call yourselves role-players but you criticize Grimoire for being a single player RPG and then you play MMORPGs like this rubbish. You're not role-players.
You're not sentient.

ExitiumFan

Educated
I am more sentient than you will ever be. You have less brain cells than an amoeba.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom