Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

To everyone wondering WHY MMOS cost a FEE

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
mEtaLL1x said:
You see, what I don't like in nowaday MMORPG is that mostly all what people do is just levelling and PvPing. For me, PvP and levelling is not the most important in a game, let alone in the RPG (which is not about munchkinism in the first place). It all feels synthetic to me.. all those repetituous quests, all those loot-monging... it's like playing pretend that you live in alternative world, but oyu are not! Because you do the same thing as you can do in Diablo II over battle.net, but Diablo was designed that way, it was not meant to be RPG.

Modern MMORPGs are just too technically inadvanced to create a real alternative world. All those separate servers... it's no better than D2, i tell you.

The way I see it should be is one seamless world with people living on their own. Witout dumbfucking quests, without even dumber NPCs, without some idiotic distinction of RP and PvP servers. It's like astral plane of existence: you phase there from your real life - the material plane, and when you disconnect you are phased back. But of course it is not possible to create one seamless world, because there are just too many users online, the server will just meltdown.

However, even greater problem of MMORPGing is the average player. Even the dream-system of mine that I descirbed above will be probably ruined by your average Joe who wants the uber loot and doesn't even want to consider roleplaying, a little pretending, a little imagination. He considers it the ordinary game, just something to kill time and to achieve something to pretend he's such a gifted player or something (although he might be a loser in life, but that's another question). That's what bothers me the most. That's what is most repulsive about MMORPGs to me.
average AMRIKAN player is a moron but canadians and people who play on deathwing are intelligent...mostly
the problem with most mmos is that good guilds are hard to find the good ones come on just after their full time job ends and they are stressed out and not willing to let people in without a test

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom