Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titanfall (Respawn shooter)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
He won't explain cause he's too busy playing instead of discussing vidya games.

BBMorti

Arcane
Skill games were never popular for people here.
What's so "skillful" about Quake?
And why, say, BF3 isn't a "skill" shooter?

You die a lot faster in modern shooters and have to react much faster whereas in older shooters you had guns that didn't even need to be reloaded or have a trigger released once in a while to hit shit.

You gotta love this whining of people who can't even make the point right about why pop shooters suck. Which is simple as fuck - repetitive and way too simplistic monotone gameplay.
:negative:

The problem is that good shooters are a dying breed. HL, FEAR, NOLF...those were good times.

Modern shit is even more banal than Quake.

I can imagine someone prefering Half-life to Id's masterpiece but to do dis with such boring, repetitive and forgettable game like F.E.A.R. is beyond me.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Please explain how I can play competitive Quake with my mouse sensitivity set so low that swinging my mouse ten inches does a 180 degree turn if this is the case. Please explain how twitching A and D helps you in any way if you're chasing. Please explain why you're chasing the other guy instead of pressuring him away from powerups and taking them. Please explain how holding down LMB helps with any weapon that isn't the plasma gun, lightning gun, or machine gun.
Yeah games play differently. Surprise!

Please explain how Quake is "just" shooting people even though concepts like item timing, item splitting, area control, weapon management, strafe jumping technique, stealth, etc. are all well-known aspects of playing the game at any level:
Those are not concepts. Those are retards grinding every inch of a level to death instead of enjoying the game.

I find it really laughable how you are trying to pretend that Quake, the dumbest shooter in history, requires any kind of intelligence to play.

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This looks like it would be nice as a singleplayer shooter, but I doubt it's going to be much more than a cod romp with a bit more verticality in multi.

Keshik

Arcane
Well, smaller matches can still be fun, is still amusing that 'next gen' is 6v6, even with the AI minions.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I watched some stream for like 15 minutes, liked the parkour and jumping and shit, but the guns are as cardboard as always, and lol @ health regen.

A poor man's Tribes in other words.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
A poor man's Tribes in other words.

Is that true the Tribes replace players, who left the server, with AI bots? And these bots have pretty cool AI?

Because the only reason (for me) to put bots in Titanfall with terrible AI is turning them into cannon fodder, so the players will be propably less mad. Less aggresion= less sexual deal with somebody mums.

Also no suprised about no NDA and other "keeping in secret" stuff, game is technically really solid so no worrying about butthurt that hurt the sale.

DakaSha

Arcane
Probably gonna get it and tell you how good it is in shoutbox so you can cry 'popamole fagget' without ever having tried the game, in order to boost your worthless rpgcodex cred.

Then ill prob loose interest within 3 days

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Probably gonna get it and tell you how good it is in shoutbox so you can cry 'popamole fagget' without ever having tried the game, in order to boost your worthless rpgcodex cred.

Then ill prob loose interest within 3 days

popamole fagget

7h30n

Augur
Please explain how I can play competitive Quake with my mouse sensitivity set so low that swinging my mouse ten inches does a 180 degree turn if this is the case. Please explain how twitching A and D helps you in any way if you're chasing. Please explain why you're chasing the other guy instead of pressuring him away from powerups and taking them. Please explain how holding down LMB helps with any weapon that isn't the plasma gun, lightning gun, or machine gun.

Please explain how Quake is "just" shooting people even though concepts like item timing, item splitting, area control, weapon management, strafe jumping technique, stealth, etc. are all well-known aspects of playing the game at any level:

Please provide some information to show that you have actually played the game you're talking about.

Quake 3 / CPMA is the only FPS on the planet where I would readily bet hundreds of dollars that you would not only lose fifteen straight rounds to any high level dueler, but that you would also not score a single point, because even when said dueler makes his eventual mistakes, he will always have four times as much health as you do (or more, in the case of CPMA), and you won't have any weapons you need, and you won't be able to catch him, because you can't do anything but aim and click.

Aw man, watching Quake3 played at high level is so beautiful! I think I saw some/all of it live.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It actually looks gorgeous. Apart from the menus, I wouldn't have guessed it uses the Source engine at all. There's a ton of technical and artistic detail in the environments I've seen so far, and the skyboxes are probably the most detailed I've seen in a shooter. Funny how it does run like shit on a system it was formerly designed exclusively for, I think, but it looks the part for something that could bring shitty hardware down to its knees.

I got the beta key and it's alright, a better creative decision for a studio than releasing Call of Duty 4 Part 8 this November. I liked the movement physics, but unfortunately they still use a CoD4 game's gunplay model--die in two or three shots from any gun or regenerate fully, kill things very easily and they feel like cardboard, etc... With movement this free, the missed opportunity to have actual combat instead of whoever-spots-his-enemy-first-wins gunfights is more glaring than in any CoD4 game. I might try the control points mode soon to see what it's like and then forget about the game entirely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom