Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Titan Quest gets a quick fix soon!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Titan Quest

According to <a href="http://www.titanquest.net/developer-digest/1628-patch-eta-july-5th.html">this juicy tidbit</a>, there will be a patch for <a href="http://www.titanquestgame.com">Titan Quest</a> coming out just after the holiday. Here's a list of what to expect:
<br>
<ul><li>Improved auto-placement of inventory items
<br>
<li>Fixed NPC dialogue windows closing when NPC moves to avoid other characters
<br>
<li>Added character back-up functionality which will help prevent corrupted characters
<br>
<li>Improved multiplayer stability and performance</ul>
<br>
I'm not sure backing up save games counts as preventing character corruption. Still, it's nice to see developers pump out a patch these days.
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.ve3d.com">VoodooExtreme</A>

LlamaGod

Cipher
whats its multiplay like, anyways?

Playing an action RPG where everyone uses hacked characters online sucks balls, like what happened with Diablo 1.

Drakron

Arcane
Too far back ... I just wish games dont get a patch the within a week of release, then I start to wish for patchs that just support new software/hardware.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Hey vasquez123$%, do you happen to be the titular subject of that lesser-known Hammett novel 'The Maltese Retard'? Just curious.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Any solution to the save game corruption is welcome. I installed the game, although I am generally not into hack&slash games, but I was interested in the setting.

OK, nice graphics, decent gameplay (although a major pain that you have no inventory auto-arrange function) and by the time I got to level 5, the game crashed and the save was corrupted...

I'll just play Heroes 5 and Rise of Legends until the patch comes out...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Kthan75 said:
Any solution to the save game corruption is welcome. I installed the game, although I am generally not into hack&slash games, but I was interested in the setting.

Yeah, but can't you do this now? Without a patch? Just copy the data files to another directory before playing.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Hey vasquez123$%, do you happen to be the titular subject of that lesser-known Hammett novel 'The Maltese Retard'? Just curious.

Auuuh. You're so cute when you're insulting.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Saint_Proverbius said:
Kthan75 said:

Yeah, but can't you do this now? Without a patch? Just copy the data files to another directory before playing.

Yeah, I can, but really, should I have to? If I knew this would happen when I started playing the game, perhaps I would have, but I don't think I should have to worry about this. How much fun will the game be knowing that everytime I exit the game I must backup my character because it might get corrupted? I'd rather wait for the patch and play something else until then.

gromit

Arcane
Save corruption has a manual fix at the moment... it's only the quest files that "break." Removal of Quest.myw and QuestToken.myw (buried in the Titan Quest folders under "My Games") saves the character, but resets all quests and shrines... it's like free xp for the hassle. :D

germx

Novice
Hmm... if the game is crashing everytime I try to start with a certain character, does that mean it's corrupted? :P
Because it works most of the time with my other characters.

Oarfish

Prophet
I figured it was trying to save me from myself. The 2 levels I managed to play before the corrupted save were pretty damn turgid.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
Yes let's leave those bugs in the game. Rolling Eyes

My original point was that it is stupid to release an "official patch" and address so few issues.

A post in the Titan Quest Vault says the highly anticipated patch for TQ has been postponed until this friday and addresses the following issues:

Patch Notes
# Fixed crash caused by teleporting in multiplayer after players used Rally skill
# Fixed NPC dialogue windows closing when NPC moves to avoid other characters
# Fixed bug with different relic bonuses for different players in multiplayer
# Fixed relic completion sounds propagating to all clients in multiplayer
# Fixed multiplayer lobby UI error with sort arrow
# Fixed a multiplayer lobby crash
# Fixed internet connection problem with custom maps
# Fixed a memory leak
# Improves multiplayer connection reliability
# Improves multiplayer performance
# Improves item auto-placement in inventory
# Added character back-up functionality
# Added option to disable compatibility check

Now it is not a shitty patch, but just a shitty game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom