Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tiny Knights of the Chalice Tidbit

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1eyedking said:
commie said:
I hope they'll make a game this time to go with the combat.
Also, this.
Why should they? This is the kind of game designed specifically and exclusively for combat's sake, and perfectly fine as such.

Murk

Arcane
Is the Ultima cam-angle being ditched? Oh lord, please let it be so.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
1eyedking said:
Scouting, sneaking,
Basically an invisibility spell.
stealing,
When it comes to party-based games it's either completely pointless or a quick way to make it more unbalanced than it already is.
trap disarming & lockpicking
Similar to the above, either pointless or it makes having a thief in the party mandatory.

As discussed here and older threads, thieves don't really work well in party-based combat. I'm fine with assassins as a replacement for (what's usually) an agile-squishy fighter.

Flatlander

Liturgist
hoverdog said:
It's probably a matter of tastes, but I consider KoTC graphics to be better than Vogel's. From a clearly technical point of view it's surely the contrary, but despite clunkiness, low res and crappy style, KoTC wins because of one thing: animations. Both Geneforge and Avernum for me seem to be completely devoid of life. Characters do not walk, they teleport from one square to another. Nothing ever happens. Even more recently added flickering torches aren't helping. KoTC may be ugly, but at least it flows.
KoTCII will have higher resolution, top-down view and no animations. At least that is what he said on the forums a few months ago. Something like http://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/images/gmview.jpg I believe.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
deuxhero said:
Now will it have graphics that don't make my head reflexively try to sit on its side?

Seriously, KoTC's graphics were painfully bad (at least in the demo), even large square for a character and green colored squares for trees would be an improvement, at least then they would line up right.

Yeah, I'd take Roguelike graphics over that wonky, wonky perspective any day. Hate to admit it, but there we go. Still need to give it a try, though, but if the sequel's as good as people say the first is, I might just hold out for that.

Also, Turds of the Chalice.

zeitgeist

Magister
Flatlander said:
hoverdog said:
It's probably a matter of tastes, but I consider KoTC graphics to be better than Vogel's. From a clearly technical point of view it's surely the contrary, but despite clunkiness, low res and crappy style, KoTC wins because of one thing: animations. Both Geneforge and Avernum for me seem to be completely devoid of life. Characters do not walk, they teleport from one square to another. Nothing ever happens. Even more recently added flickering torches aren't helping. KoTC may be ugly, but at least it flows.
KoTCII will have higher resolution, top-down view and no animations. At least that is what he said on the forums a few months ago. Something like http://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/images/gmview.jpg I believe.
The same resolution as the first game + decent sprite animations would've been a much better choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom