Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live

Weasel
Bard's Tale also offered free games for backing in the first 48 hours - it then made the mid-campaign slump even more pronounced. I'm sure this'll fund but, like BT, I guess it won't shoot the lights out.

Would have thought they had earned enough from selling WL2 and the other campaigns to pay their starving artists until Torment finally releases, then run a crowdfunding campaign for WL3 in a blaze of Torment publicity with more to show of the game instead of just bullshots and a cheesy video.

Who am I to question Fargo the master salesman though.

Sannom

Augur
It just doesn't make sense to give money to guys like Obsidian, Larian, or inXile anymore. Back in the innocent days of 2012, it might have actually been true that if you didn't crowd fund it the game wouldn't happen. That's not true now. They have money and publisher relationships. WL3 is going to get made whether or not I give them money 3 years before the product exists, so what's my incentive? Feeling like I'm participating in the development process? At this point, that's more aggravating than satisfying.
Using their publisher relationships can lead to losing the IP. Take Obsidian, they kickstarted one game, then went into a relationship with a publisher to handle distribution, and then decided to make a game with them, with the publisher being the owner of the IP.

As much as W2 was shit and InXile is the biggest hoaxer out there, doesn't seem that Fig had shipwrecked as the prophets of Apocalipse were claiming.
It did go through a big dry spell for a while though.

Regardless, I am very hopeful that Styg will soon announce, that he is indeed working on the game alongside InXile and Chris from The Brotherhood, because it would seem logical, given that one of the two games connected to the figstarter, has already an official announcement of the devs working on it with InXile.
Underrail might just be there because it's a good game and Fargo wants to promote it a little more.

Would have thought they had earned enough from selling WL2 and the other campaigns to pay their starving artists until Torment finally releases, then run a crowdfunding campaign for WL3 in a blaze of Torment publicity with more to show of the game instead of just bullshots and a cheesy video.
Fargo had always made it clear that he wanted to keep using crowd-funding. It was Urquhart who only wanted to use it sparingly. I wouldn't be surprised if they crowd-funded PoE 2 mostly because "tradition" says so.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm pretty sure the only reason inXile know who Styg even is is because of the Codex, so that's kind of a lingering beneficial effect of their relationship with us.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If they were trying to be honest they'd say Q1 2020, because there's no way InEx are going to release it in October/Nov/December and go up against whatever AAA title is flavour of the month, they're pretty much talking out the side of their mouth. My bet would be March-September 2020 after inevitable delays.

4th quarter, 2019 when the current console generation will have doubled its penetration, will be wall to wall AAA titles. Every week in November will have an open world popamole mcshooter clone release because 150 dollar consoles.

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut was released in October. :M

Fargo just has to worry about competing with other role playing games. It's not like Wasteland 3 is going after the Call of Duty audience.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If you make enough money through sales to keep your company working on future projects, then you don't need to resort to begging your fans for more money... That's just fucking scumbag.

Mei Scarlet

Novice
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
W2DC was a great game that I thoroughly enjoyed (even with all the flaws), probably going to back this one too. Though Q4 2019 is a long way away.
And this kickstarter reminded me to finally go play Underrail.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Pledged. While not perfect Wasteland 2 was good enough for me. Plus I do like the setting. More snowy postapocalyptic wastes, pls. Nice to see a (kind of) return of ye olde Fallout talking heads in conversation. Hope they keep the Stasis guy around for more. Brilliant artist and his style just fits in that video. Not to mention me hoping that Styg gets something out of this as well. Codexian influences for the win.

Damn them for even making me think for a few seconds that this would be a new take on the classic Autoduel though.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck is Fig and why have they ditched their beloved Kickstarter? Also: Very, very cool they're supporting Underrail and Stasis this way. Also also: Will probably wait for the Codex pledge to contribute. :obviously:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Does FeelTheButthurts ever contribute to anything other than pure edginess for the sake of edginess and contrarianism? :D

I'm starting to doubt that he even likes cRPGs, let alone plays any of them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the other hand I'm starting to doubt you can even register on an encephalogram.

There's not going to be one so you might as well just pledge now

:lol:

Do it now! inXile needs you!

We really need a "cuck" rating. So many buttons and that one is missing.

ArchAngel

Arcane

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you make enough money through sales to keep your company working on future projects, then you don't need to resort to begging your fans for more money... That's just fucking scumbag.
This time they didn't say that they needed this money to make the game as I remember. They just said that the fans can help with the funding to make this a better game. And if preoders are existing in gaming, there is nothing inherently bad about this. There are fans who want to support the company while striking a better deal regarding the price. Not to mention the extra goodies and games you can get, if you are into stuff like that.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the fuck is Fig and why have they ditched their beloved Kickstarter? Also: Very, very cool they're supporting Underrail and Stasis this way. Also also: Will probably wait for the Codex pledge to contribute. :obviously:

There's not going to be one so you might as well just pledge now
Let's have codex collective investment instead? If the game does well enough the endless dividend stream will be enough both to cover the server costs and to reimburse 'dex reporters for their expenses, e.g. costs incurred by Bubbles from his inXile interview at gamescom.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oooh, a free version of UnderRail? Already got it, but it's great that they're promoting our GOTY!
That Stasis game doesn't look too bad, neither.

Guess if I can convince myself that I'm buying Stasis and getting to eventually play another attempt at a Wasteland game, I could waste money on invest in this, despite my dislike of WL2.

Backed.
Bet I will Hope I don't regret this when I start playing the Enhanced Super Director's Cut version of it in 2025.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
As a sincere "thank you" for backing one of our previous titles, we'd like to offer you an exclusive $5 Superbacker Discount towards any rewards-based pledge at the Digital Copy level or above.

Previous backers save 20$ (20$!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT), not only awesome 15$ by pre-ordering three years before estimated release date! Don't wait! At release it will be 49,99!

My wallet is ready! It flew to the screen by itself!

great-deal-300x244.jpg

3543080-Bargain-stickers-Stock-Vector.jpg

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hm. I didn't get that message.
Also, kind of forgot that I even backed WL2.
Guess I erased that memory from my mind out of disapointment.

How do I get that 5$ discount?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I got the super backer rebate without ever giving a cent to inXile. I think their mailing list may simply be a bit screwy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As a sincere "thank you" for backing one of our previous titles, we'd like to offer you an exclusive $5 Superbacker Discount towards any rewards-based pledge at the Digital Copy level or above.

Previous backers save 20$ (20$!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT), not only awesome 15$ by pre-ordering three years before estimated release date! Don't wait! At release it will be 49,99!

My wallet is ready! It flew to the screen by itself!

great-deal-300x244.jpg

3543080-Bargain-stickers-Stock-Vector.jpg
Yeah, it's a pretty good deal.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Better deal still is to buy it from a reseller at release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom