Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Those shitty giant radscorpions in NV :x

Drakron

Arcane
Giant radscorpions, not just radscorpions ... they have DT of 18 on top of 150 HP, meaning they suck damage besides having a lot of HP.

Radcorpions "only" have a DT of 5 and HP of 70.

Elzair

Cipher
commie said:
Well rad scorpions are bullet sponges, best bet is to hack the fuckers. Later on you'll find nightstalkers and really tough ghouls, and those fuckers make radscorpions look like bloatflies in comparison. It's actually fun to be raped by the wildlife when exploring nooks and crannies, only Deathclaws really did this in FO3.

What ghouls are these? I spent a little time in the REPCONN, and I was headshotting ghouls easily.

Ancient

Erudite
Just killed 2 giant rad scorpions on normal.
Took me 30 10mm bullets and about 60 .307 ones (using 10mm pistol and cowboys !@$%^)
It's pain in the ass and they give 55xp :M

Clockwork Knight said:
Best example would be a guy in Power Armor ignoring 10mm Pistol shots.

Another thing better than FO3. In Fallout once you had Powered Armor you could just roll over any town by yourself. In Fallout 2 they had to be armed with Guass or a high yield energy weapon to get through. In FO3 anyone could still take you down with a shitty rifle. Like those hillbillies in Point Outlook.

So :incline:

Drakron

Arcane
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
In Fallout 2 they had to be armed with Guass or a high yield energy weapon to get through.

Remember the Tanker? Wanamingos will still kick your ass.

Drakron said:
In Fallout 2 they had to be armed with Guass or a high yield energy weapon to get through.

Remember the Tanker? Wanamingos will still kick your ass.

I'm...still trying to forget. Thanks for ruining the power trip memories. THE POWER!

Antihero

Liturgist
Clockwork Knight said:
Best example would be a guy in Power Armor ignoring 10mm Pistol shots.

Another thing better than FO3. In Fallout once you had Powered Armor you could just roll over any town by yourself. In Fallout 2 they had to be armed with Guass or a high yield energy weapon to get through. In FO3 anyone could still take you down with a shitty rifle. Like those hillbillies in Point Outlook.

So :incline:
I'm not sure how the mechanics of it worked exactly, but you could still get your power armour bypassed on (certain?) critical hits. I remember going on a few rampages (before exiting or reloading) and sometimes got taken out by a lucky shot. But I get your point.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Elzair said:
commie said:
Well rad scorpions are bullet sponges, best bet is to hack the fuckers. Later on you'll find nightstalkers and really tough ghouls, and those fuckers make radscorpions look like bloatflies in comparison. It's actually fun to be raped by the wildlife when exploring nooks and crannies, only Deathclaws really did this in FO3.

What ghouls are these? I spent a little time in the REPCONN, and I was headshotting ghouls easily.

Hmm, the ones around the Caesar's Legion Safehouse southeast of Nipton near the edge of the map were pretty brutal, some of the higher ranked ones anyway. I met Ghouls earlier and they were fodder like in FO3, but these fuckers were fast and tough. Maybe the fact that I stumbled over them gave them the edge, but it was pretty cool to be level 7 and still easily be overcome by Ghouls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom