Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hmm.. If I randomly come across some in the forums I might. Seems I can't actually search for deleted posts (even though they're still "there" in the thread and I can see them when I view a thread with those posts in it).

But he's trying to participate like normal.

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
what.? am i safe because i rarely use one liners. unlesss i am bumping my own topics with sincere game developer updates. i want 5 posts auto approved every hour and the rest will wait.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Gotta wonder what kind of bollocks the mods have to sift through, must be like imperial psykers holding the chattering daemons of the warp at bay.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Can you show us some examples of what he posts? I wonder what kind of shit he writes down, when he knows for sure that only mods and admins can read him.

You mean his 20000 or so posts aren't enough for you so you want more,man you must really like punishment

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Can you show us some examples of what he posts? I wonder what kind of shit he writes down, when he knows for sure that only mods and admins can read him.

You mean his 20000 or so posts aren't enough for you so you want more,man you must really like punishment
Herp derp too much?

I just wanted to know what kind of shit he post now, knowing that nobody can read him. I know, and unfortunately I'm very aware, of Andhaira's usual written diarrhea.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Aha, so if some fucking faggots all congratulate themself in some thread how much they all love MCA and the garbage he produces, then do some retarded brofisting and post retarded dancing nigger smileys, than its awrite, its not shitposting at all.

But when I call them out and say, that they are borderline imbeciles, than I am a shitposting troll and comitted a bannable offence!
If that's all you do (which incidentally, is all you did), than yes. Shitposting isn't any individual post. It's a pattern. If, quite literally, all you can manage to post is "lol ur all fags" and that's all you post. Again, and again, and again. You're practically spamming.

Incidentally, if all anyone posted is "lol that's awesome" than they're likely to get nuked too (and there's one new member I'm currently eyeing because that's all they've done so far with their shitty one liners - but I've been approving their shit on the basis it will improve). There's a difference between an established member with a few hundred or thousand posts making a "lol" from time to time and a poster where all they do is post lol. Like right now, I know full well you're gdrfooty / bryce / shitjigger / whomever's shitty alt you actually are because you're still butthurt your original account showed you to be a retard (which by the way, also doesn't help) but you're making an argument. By all means, point out how much of a bunch of fags everyone is when they circle jerk MCA but do it with some style. IE: More than "lol ur a fag".

There's also the alt issue. We generally ban people for a reason and like to enforce those bans. If a user is pointed out (IE: has done enough to get noticed) and it looks like an alt, it pretty much gets nuked. Your throw-away e-mail and suspected proxy don't help your cause¹.

most of that users posts are in GD, the chances of getting nuked are higher by an order of magnitude.
Why the fuck do you care if I post offensive oneliners in GD! Why? Its fucking GD!
Precisely this reason. Just because GD is a shithole doesn't mean I approve of it being one. For example take a look at prosper's ramblings. Think I should approve the other 50 messages of his that I deleted rather than let through? There's a point where it crossing the line into just spam (especially when it's nonsense). Having an opinion and expressing it is one thing, posting that same opinion repeatedly - in the same way everywhere - is shit posting.

what.? am i safe because i rarely use one liners. unlesss i am bumping my own topics with sincere game developer updates. i want 5 posts auto approved every hour and the rest will wait.
Your posts made in the vault art / whatever thread you have running will all get approved. New threads you create are highly unlikely to get approved - regardless of content. Posts you make in other existing threads are also likely to get through, provided they're on topic. But we're controlling your habit of posting shit threads in every forum.

I have a Master of Science in EE and IQ above Cleve's.
Yes, and you're some kind of 80 year old depressed man with issues or something. I don't particularly care. I could pull the "this is my house and these are my rules" bullshit but I've never been like that. I base my decisions on how much shit I'm prepared to tolerate. And I don't mind shit topics or whatever but there is a line. That line is multiple posts (and you'd made like, a hundred or so in the two weeks you've been here) that are all the same. Posting the same thing repeatedly doesn't make it any more relevant.

I am not gonna srsly argue with some man/child on an internetz forum about any goddamn fucking thing. I am here for potential Lulz and the Playground. How in Gods name does it make me a shitposter?
Because despite popular misconception, the Codex is not here for lulz. You might be, but this site isn't.

If we can't find a single post with some sort of in-depth opinion on something that's more than a single line, we pretty much assume you add little value to the Codex and won't be missed.

WHY?! What the fuck is VALUE?! I havent read a goddamn single post in this place in all the years I've been here that would constitute something insightful to me.
Take a look at your own post right here that I'm replying to. That's the long sort and mythical "value". You didn't shitpost "lol ur a fag". You're actually trying to make an argument. You're attempting to reason by asking legitimate questions ("What is shitposting?", "How can that be shitposting when this isn't shitposting?"). Seriously, if all you'd replied this time was "I am not gonna srsly argue with some man/child on an internetz forum about any goddamn fucking thing." than that would've been borderline shitposting. Especially if you then made that same comment in several threads.

At least I cant remember one. (hmm, I lied, Zomg's posts were interesting from time to time) What I read are opinions of dumbass larpers without an ounce of analytical capability. And people who play Minecraft... I would not be interested in your opinion on PHP and none of the cockmonglers here posses any qualification that they show off, aside from Crispy's appearant ability to plug in new harddrives.
Whether you're personally interested in it or not isn't the point. Hell, if I had to actually be interested in half the shit I approve or see on the Codex, I'd go elsewhere. The point is whether the person is expressing a legitimate opinion about something in a coherent and articulated manner, even if that opinion disagrees with others. "lol ur all fags" doesn't articulate anything and if that's all you're here for, than you won't last.

Just because I cause butthurt, doesnt mean you have to ban me. Hell, there is even an ignore list for those of truly inferiour character. Those degenerates love circlejerk bubbles. Its like TESF here. Herr Übersturmführer.
No, you get butthurt. I don't think you've actually caused any. This is what we've got in the shitposting thread on you "Here's another one. Probably an alt and nothing but a one-liner shitpost spammer." I looked into it, found out you are an alt who posted nothing but oneliners "lol" and that was pretty much the end of that.

¹EDIT: Expanding on this we have the users who don't post one-liners but eventually post enough content that they become annoying on a whole other level. Andhaira spamming threads, Prosper spamming his retardedness. Nomask with his racist holocaust denial bs. In small doses these things are fine, but eventually there comes a point where we've had enough of you and you're causing more problems for us than it's worth. In those instances, you get kicked out of the room to cool off.

If you then put on a disguise and come back into the room and keep up your old shit... The minute we recognise it's you and deduce that you've failed to learn, we'll kick you back out again (only this time we'll do the full nuke as well). If you can make an alt and go largely undiscovered (as some quite successfully have), then all is fine. But for example here, I knew the minute I saw your account that you'd re-registered again.

Proxys and e-mail addresses are dead give-aways. So are a couple of other things alts just can't help themselves with. And alts pretty much == ban until we reach a point where we've happily forgotten about you and go "Hey yeah, whatever happened to that guy? Haven't seen him in ages, may as well clear his name from the banned list and tidy it up".

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
#7, #8 and the last line of #12.

The Codex wasn't founded because we needed a forum where we could post nothing but one liners at each other. And hmm... It's not actually in the final version but this was the original draft of rule #10:

10. One liners are discouraged. If you've come here for the lulz rather than the RPG discussion, please re-evaluate your reasons for being here and consider leaving. For the most part, you might be fine but if there comes a point where we think you're being too much of a dick, you may find yourself in trouble. Obviously this is highly subjective but there comes a time when skipping past your posts becomes more effort than it's worth, especially if your one-liners are ruining or derailing an otherwise interesting discussion. If such a time occurs we may decide to ban you / delete your account / give you a tag / whatever. Quite simply, if you're being a dick (and let's be honest here guys, you all know when you're being dicks), you're probably going to end up in trouble sooner or later.​

That line was lost in the final edit (funnily enough because Shagnak raised the point of the non-RPG strategy forums and the whole bit ended up getting re-worded because it came across as harsher than we intended).

I don't mind people who make lulz or enjoy lulz (given I am one of those people) but if your entire point of being here is to generate lulz or enjoy just the lulz, then no, that's not why the Codex was founded (and eventually you're just going to piss off one of the mods who'll whine about it to me a few times before I finally decide to bite the bullet and nuke you - which is pretty much what happened with gdrfooty - plus that and he was the alt of a pre-banned user).

crojipjip

Developer
Übermensch
damnit what teh fuck. sour candies and grocery bags. my posts are still not being approved for vault improvement.

some guy

Novice
To be onest, I love this new treatment. The only saferoad between forum-communism and anarchy would be to give everyone the option to see all those new posts from new registred members, but I'll be damed if I would click to see those.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My approval policy depends on my current mood. Sometimes I let one-liners go through (if they're on topic), sometimes I don't, and it's more likely I let posts in the gaming forums through than posts in a retarded GD thread.

If it's an obvious troll and/or alt, I nuke everything. Your first 5 posts are about how Muslims are awesome and will conquer the world and destroy the West? I'll remember your name, associate you with andhaira, and disapprove every single post of yours no matter if one of them is actually serious, because hey... if 90% is trolling or spam, the 1% of worthwile content isn't worthwile enough to put up with the rest.

Generally, it just takes a couple of posts to see the general attitude of a new poster. If you post 7 one-liners on your first day, hurr not approved. If you make posts with actual content, I'll also approve your one-liners except if they're utterly retarded. One-liners here also include posts that are made up of nothing but a link, be it to an image, article or video.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
What the fuck is this faggoty assed bullcrap? What happened to my beloved Codex? I blame that cocksucking, AIDS ridden diseased faggot Jaesun. This sudden shift in DU's personality only happened once faegsun became moderator.Fuck it, I should have accepted mod position when I was offered it, if only to keep the true decline at bay and preserve Codeixa's soul.

Anyhow, DU, I am forced to post through a proxy because apparently you have banned ip banned most of Pakistan. So yeah, it'll have to be a proxy for me.

Still, I actually contribute to Codex Content, as you very well know. There was that little 'sub-quest' I did. Regarding the main quest I still can't get an ok from the good folk over at you-know-where as they are not allowed to discuss their upcoming big-event yet.

Anyhow, unban me already 'k. I have tons of news to share about my life. For instance, my new boss at my work is a nerd too, and is into ASOIAF, Wheel of Time, Spartacus, etc. However, we do not discuss it with each other for some reason. He really seems uncomfortable discussing it. Also, he is attempting to get a second wife (while being married to a first wife), however his first wife kinda betrayed him. She gave him permission to marry another ho before they got married, but once they got married and had a baby, she has now rescinded her earlier permission and now forbids him from taking another ho in marriage. So he is kinda frustrated about that, and vents on certain forums online (which I managed to track down by sneaking a glance at his browsing history on work computers)

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
What the fuck is this faggoty assed bullcrap? What happened to my beloved Codex? I blame that cocksucking, AIDS ridden diseased faggot Jaesun. This sudden shift in DU's personality only happened once faegsun became moderator.
We've never really had a 100% effective tool to keep the retards at bay before, so we're trying it out.

Also, approved as example of Andhaira's posting that he's still trying to get through.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It's hilarious how butthurt andharia is over me. :lol:

He thinks I have some magical admin powers, and I don't.

spekkio

Arcane
Jaesun said:
He thinks I have some magical admin powers, and I don't.

You should get '+10 Gay Martyr' tag, since most of the time when somebody gets his ass kicked by some mod, his reaction is "BAAAWW, I bet Gaysun did it! I'm gonna tell DU!". Like with this recent "Evol Jaesun is moving 100% RPG threads to GG" DRAMA.

:lol:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
We don't see signatures when approving messages.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, any member who hasn't visited the forums since the upgrade is caught in the net until the system updates itself. It only ever runs the script against active members that have been around since the upgrade.

While I don't believe in any censorship here by principle, I have noticed the Codex "mellow out" (particularly in terms of spam quantity) a lot since the new policy was introduced, and without losing the standard of humour that we had before the switch (thanks Dicksmoker). On that basis and the fact that I don't have to scroll past the posts of people like Cunny Sweet (who doesn't have the humour value to compensate for the inanity), I am pretty happy with how this has all worked out.

Doing a good job.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, any member who hasn't visited the forums since the upgrade is caught in the net until the system updates itself. It only ever runs the script against active members that have been around since the upgrade.

Gotcha. Looks like things got sorted. Also: What is required for the Oldfag ach? Considering all the '10 and '11 newfags I feel an '07 (pre-FO3) is worth something. No? NO???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom