Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News This is the Beginning of a New Era

MetalCraze

Arcane
If it will have physics as a part of the gameplay, interesting maze-like levels, traps all over the levels, thief-style jumping parts and rope arrows I'm in. Also I consider that one a pure action game.

made

Arcane
Just go play the fucking browser MMO instead of speculating. It's live already.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MetalCraze said:
traps all over the levels

Actually, now that you mention it, Dark Messiah did this pretty well at times. Very good, in fact.

Still disagree on the rest though.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MetalCraze said:
If it will have physics as a part of the gameplay, interesting maze-like levels, traps all over the levels, thief-style jumping parts and rope arrows I'm in.
I may rage at it being called M&M but if all this stuff is in there and well done it'll still be a good action/stealth game.

tunguska

Liturgist
Jaesun said:
I stopped caring about Might & Magic after VII. And I pretty much am going to keep still not caring.

What didn't you like about VIII? Playing as a dragon was overpowered, but still fun I thought. The might and magic series had one of the best archer mechanics of any game I have played. And the way the stats and skills worked was great fun. I didn't play IX, but I thought VIII was great. I would like to replay it in fact but it doesn't work even with windows 2000. I would need a Win98 PC to play it. That means an older chipset that actually has win98 drivers. I would like to see a win 95/98 emulator like we have for dos with dosbox. Of course the graphics are scary bad by modern standards. It was the actual people at New World Computing that made the M&M games good. Unless the same guys work on it, any "new" game in the series won't really be a might and magic game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
tunguska said:
Jaesun said:
I stopped caring about Might & Magic after VII. And I pretty much am going to keep still not caring.

What didn't you like about VIII? Playing as a dragon was overpowered, but still fun I thought. The might and magic series had one of the best archer mechanics of any game I have played. And the way the stats and skills worked was great fun. I didn't play IX, but I thought VIII was great. I would like to replay it in fact but it doesn't work even with windows 2000. I would need a Win98 PC to play it. That means an older chipset that actually has win98 drivers. I would like to see a win 95/98 emulator like we have for dos with dosbox. Of course the graphics are scary bad by modern standards. It was the actual people at New World Computing that made the M&M games good. Unless the same guys work on it, any "new" game in the series won't really be a might and magic game.

You can play M&MVII and VIII on XP, Vista and 7. I'm playing M&MVII on 7 right now. Think I found the solutions on Celestial Heavens.[/url]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Luzur said:
this is how the once legendary Might and Magic name have ended.

its a sad sight to behold.

Indeed. Playing through VII again really makes me sad on the behalf of the fucking rape this IP is and has taken. I mean, I've sunk what - 50-60 hours - into it, thus far, and there's still so much shit to do. The combat system kindda sucks, though not compared to some of the modern RPGs. But besides that I'm having the time of my fucking life.

Glory ended with IX, it did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom