Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

racofer

Thread Incliner
Holy shit DU, just leave it as it was.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
codex.png

Protip (as Jim would say): If you're gonna have two different graphics elements, either have them the same style or in a contrast (for example the floppy could be made to look realistic), not "almost the same but not quite".

Secretninja

Cipher
I think that transparent with the current background bleeding through would work best, but that floppy is exactly what I had in mind. Just seeing it up makes me feel like my life is complete, having contributed in some very small way.
Change the rest of the buttons, though.

edit: ^ is epic winnery

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I still like the 5.25 disk. Reminds me of Ultima 3, StarFlight, and King's Quest II.

I do like the disk and slogan in the same style.

Secretninja

Cipher
I realized why all the striking innovatuns have taken place. Haven & Hearth is resetting very soon, so playing atm is somewhat pointless.
Current 3.5 is perfect.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
codex_525inch.gif

codex_35inch.gif

codex_tape.gif

codex_35inch_trans.gif

Pretty happy with the current. Nice and simple. Still need buttons for:
  • About, Forums (Both in the current button style)
AND:
  • FAQ, Search, Memberlist, Usergroups, Register, Profile, Messages, Log In, Log Out, Ignore List
Wouldn't mind if there was some kind of differentiation between that second lot of buttons and the current lot. Because that second lot are all forum activities, where-as the first lot are front-page stuff.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
DarkUnderlord said:

I really like that one.

And hell, I've been here since 2004 and still never got the disco reference... must have been drunk and missed that thread.

How about adding some different theme options for the site? The angry old cunts can have the old shit, and us new and progressive people can have the new shit.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Xor said:
codexlogo.gif

Limited blinking.
Damn, seems that once it's loaded, it doesn't blink again on a new page refresh. You have to force reload the image. I was hoping it'd blink every time you loaded a page.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah it's not blinking on reload for me either. Probably depends on the cache settings on your browser.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, I've put that one up. Seems IE it will blink each new page but not in Firefox. Oh well.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That's because the gif was retardedly made. It wasn't set to loop.

There you go:
codexlogo2.gif

I'm gonna take my mug now, thx.

I may give a shot at the buttons too. Maybe.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Drog speaks true.
This way the animation is not that intrusive and it will work in Firefox too.

codexlogo3.gif

Also with alternate, double entendre graphic:
codexlogo4-1.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom