Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
In after Spoony references.

*sigh*

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is actually possible to not level at all or more than once or twice, by running away and defeating diablos with cheese, and getting his ability by some devious way that i forgot that doesn't give normal experience.

Then behold! The game gets broken as fuck.

hoochimama

Liturgist
I think the 3d stuff looks better on the pc version, with it you could also use a savegame editor to get 100 copies of a spell after you first see it in a fight (avoiding the magic drawing grind).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
stop the lies start the truths.

FF6 >> FF8

FFS. And FF6 isn't even that good.

I've started FF8 a couple of times and in both occasions I dropped it out of boredom. It has some interesting mechanics but the constant grindraw for having max magic/obtaining new magics, forced party members and characterization of FFX quality , killed it for me.

But I really want to see the horse playing it for us.

Move your hairy but and deliver !

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh yea, I think we need to upgrade the other tradition.

Swamp_Thing_048_11-22.jpg

Can't stop at one, it'd be too much of a cliffhanger.

Swamp_Thing_048_12-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_13-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_14-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_15-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_16-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_17-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_18-22.jpg

Swamp_Thing_048_19-20-22.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I knew I could count on you.

Alright, in-between updates the entertainment will be handled by the illustrious Vaarna_Aarne and his funny picture book scans.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Mister Arkham said:
Which issue of Hellblazer is that?
Looks like Swamp Thing, actually. Dunno which issue so I'm absolutely useless.

edit: looking at the filename suggests that it might be Swamp Thing 48.

Coyote

Arcane
Yeah, I remember seeing guides that said you should run away from everything you couldn't card until you had enough AP to get the no-encounter ability. That way, everything in the game stayed at its lowest level and so when you become uber-powerful through junctioning and can hit for 9999 damage, it only takes a minute or two to kill the hardest bosses in the game. (If you level up too much, they gain a shit-ton of HP and take forever to kill.) Not to mention you get to skip out on the most shit-tastic part of the FF series, the random battles.

I hope you're not going to downplay the blatant homosexuality of all the men in the game. Seifer has his obsessive man-love for Squall; everything about Irvine screams closet homo, including his over-insistence that he's a "lady's man"; Squall's obviously reluctant around anything with a pussy, at least until disc 3 (come on, man, your hot 18 year-old whip-wielding teacher in a schoolgirl outfit is throwing herself at you and all you have to say is "..."?!); eyeliner, fur coats, gunblades; and Zell... just Zell. Hot dog obsession, "let me see your gunblade", obvious jealousy of Squall and Seifer getting to go at each other with their "gunblades" while he's stuck using his hands, etc.

Honestly, the first half of the game makes a lot more sense when you view it in this light.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Coyote said:
Yeah, I remember seeing guides that said you should run away from everything you couldn't card until you had enough AP to get the no-encounter ability. That way, everything in the game stayed at its lowest level and so when you become uber-powerful through junctioning and can hit for 9999 damage, it only takes a minute or two to kill the hardest bosses in the game. (If you level up too much, they gain a shit-ton of HP and take forever to kill.) Not to mention you get to skip out on the most shit-tastic part of the FF series, the random battles.
Yup.

I hope you're not going to downplay the blatant homosexuality of all the men in the game. Seifer has his obsessive man-love for Squall; everything about Irvine screams closet homo, including his over-insistence that he's a "lady's man"; Squall's obviously reluctant around anything with a pussy, at least until disc 3 (come on, man, your hot 18 year-old whip-wielding teacher in a schoolgirl outfit is throwing herself at you and all you have to say is "..."?!); eyeliner, fur coats, gunblades; and Zell... just Zell. Hot dog obsession, "let me see your gunblade", obvious jealousy of Squall and Seifer getting to go at each other with their "gunblades" while he's stuck using his hands, etc.
I... have actually never thought about this.

...wow.

Honestly, the first half of the game makes a lot more sense when you view it in this light.
Yeah, definitely. I think I'll abandon it right now.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Andyman Messiah said:
Mister Arkham said:
Which issue of Hellblazer is that?
Looks like Swamp Thing, actually. Dunno which issue so I'm absolutely useless.

edit: looking at the filename suggests that it might be Swamp Thing 48.
Once you update next time, I'll start from the best parts of the first Alan Moore issues and work my way up from there.

Btw, I'm keeping with the tradition from Miracleman: Most of this stuff will have art by John Totleben (the guy who made a lot of Moore's Miracleman) and it's all written by Moore (except a few filler issues I might take snips from).

lightbane

Arcane
If you read carefully, practically most of ff8 is filled with retardation and homosexuality (including one of the most RETARDED plottwists ever existed, so stupid Oblivion looks deep, I'm refering to the dreaded "orphanage flashback", on disk 3 or so).

PS: All FF up to 6 were good/ok, starting at VII declined quickly (never tried IX, so I can't tell though).

PPS: Also, you know, it's hard to train with real weapons and not hurt yourself or the partner on the process...

Ah, I [get it]. The brackets are to let us know where the hell we're supposed to go. It's a nice touch when you're the type of gamer who doesn't always pay attention and sometimes misses the destination, but I think it's a little overdone in [this case]. Next thing you know, they'll have blinking text, a big neon sign, fireworks, blaring horns, dancers in sequined leotards dancing around, and a big flashing arrow that says "GO HERE" to let you know the next destination. Jeez.

*sniff*

We were so naive before quest compasses were all the rage

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Serious_Business said:
Oh hellz yeah I was waiting for dis

Carry on son, to glory! Charge!!
I won't let you down, d00d!

hoochimama said:
I think the 3d stuff looks better on the pc version, with it you could also use a savegame editor to get 100 copies of a spell after you first see it in a fight (avoiding the magic drawing grind).
I think early 3d looks like shit regardless how crisp it looks. Also if I want to cheat there's always pec.

Coyote

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Yeah, definitely. I think I'll abandon it right now.

I have become sloth, destroyer of LPs!

lightbane said:
If you read carefully, practically most of ff8 is filled with retardation and homosexuality (including one of the most RETARDED plottwists ever existed, so stupid Oblivion looks deep, I'm refering to the dreaded "orphanage flashback", on disk 3 or so).

Oh man, I think I repressed that. Yeah, it's a good contender for the most idiotic plot twist in existence outside of fanfiction.net. "No, John. You are the demons." looks like a fucking literary masterpiece in comparison to that scene.

That scene was so shoehorned on the player you can almost see someone on Square forcing the developers to put it in the game. It comes outta nowhere, then nobody mentions it again.

I guess it's for fanfiction purposes like the computers in Squall's classroom.

Silellak

Cipher
This is Selphie. I'm actually entirely willing to contend that he she might just be one of the best protagonists annoying companions in the entire Final Fantasy-series. I know them's fighting words, but I have several excuses and I would even consider two of them to be kinda sorta really y'know good, but they're all pretty much stemming from the two facts 1; I don't like Cloud Strife Yuffie and 2; Squall's Selphie's not Cloud Yuffie. Seriously, fuck Cloud Yuffie.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom