Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Third expansion for NWN2 ?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm quite sure that there were at least 3 different loading screen tips about different lands in SoZ.

And Samarach is a region on the Chultan Peninsula.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stereotypical Villain said:
NotAnAlt said:
Neverwinter 3 is gonna suck with 4th edition rules.

I think Bioware's done milking the D&D licence. They have Dragon Age's boring take of D&D to focus on now, and they don't have to play by the rules of Hasbro and Wizard of the Coast with that licence.

Bioware didn't make NWN2.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Darth Roxor said:
I'm quite sure that there were at least 3 different loading screen tips about different lands in SoZ.

And Samarach is a region on the Chultan Peninsula.

Oops.

Talonfire

Scholar
Balthamael said:
Lesifoere said:
Chult or something like that. The place with the dinosaurs, I think.

Nah, that load screen tip was in MotB, and is the basis for this theory about the third expansion. I think the SoZ one talked about political unrest in Moonshaes or something like that. Not sure at all, but looking at the map of the Realms in Wiki that name sounds familiar.

Yeah I remember some tip about some Princess or Queen of the Moonshae Isles during SoZ loading screens.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
A few obsidian people have said on forums "it would be kind of neat to do an NX3" but no one's ever said that it'll be made.

JarlFrank said:
Stereotypical Villain said:
NotAnAlt said:

I think Bioware's done milking the D&D licence. They have Dragon Age's boring take of D&D to focus on now, and they don't have to play by the rules of Hasbro and Wizard of the Coast with that licence.

Bioware didn't make NWN2.

I was not refering to that game, but i've been enlightened none the less.

Much obliged.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
To be entirely honest, the loading screens for NX2 are about 25% help text, 25% situational (as much as can be), 25% flavor text (hence the shit about Leira - seriously, she's dead in FR lore, but I figured since she was the goddess of LIARS AND ILLUSIONS that some uncertainty about that is both reasonable and amusing), and 25% blowing smoke.

Somewhere in there may have been a grain of truth: I'm too far removed to say for certain now, nor really even recall, but for 99% of that "locational" folderol I cracked open the map of the Realms, picked a place, and went "yeaaaaaaaaaaah let's make this shit sound helluva interesting so everyone is like HOLY FUCK I SO CALLED IT THE NEXT EXPANSION IS HEEEEEEEEEEERE."

...I rather like some of the bits in there, though. But nobody gives a toss, so eh, I'll not elaborate. Just figured that the conspiracy theorists who go "they are just writing that to fuck with your heads" would like a simple "yes" to make folks smile.
:twisted:

Balthamael

Liturgist
But you are one of...them, aren't you. Why would you tell us that unless it is for covering something up? Obviously this means the third expansion is in production as we speak, and will be set in Moonshaes. Don't believe their lies!

Erebus

Arcane
Thanks for all the info, Annie. Of course, by revealing yourself to be a priestess of Leira, you've made it impossible for us to trust anything you tell us ever again. :)

Syraxis

Novice
NotAnAlt said:

What about that rumor with NWN 3 being an MMO and all?

It'll still suck anyway.

Talonfire

Scholar
Syraxis said:
NotAnAlt said:

What about that rumor with NWN 3 being an MMO and all?

It'll still suck anyway.

Aside from the 4th edition rules and more folks on a server at any given time how would that be any different than what we have now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom