Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thinking of re-playing Bloodlines: Unofficial Patch opinions

Silellak

Cipher
I hate to create one of these threads myself, but I'm seriously considering re-playing Bloodlines, and I wasn't sure what everyone thought of the "unofficial" patch. Is it best to play with Wesp's Unofficial Patch? If so, do people prefer the "Plus" version or the standard version?

Thanks in advance of fascilitating my laziness.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am not exaggerating when I say this thread has been made about fifteen times by now. It's not hard to search for "WESP".

The answer will always be the same.

Go with the vanilla version, in before drama, cue bitching for & against wesp's patch, enter that tessera, curtain falls.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nah, don't. It'll develop into something nice as soon as Wesp as Tessera show up.

Silellak

Cipher
Satori said:
First playthrough 1.2 patch, next playthrough latest Wesp. That's all there is to it.

I played it once a few years ago, so I figure I'll jump in with an unofficial patch.

I do agree with the philosophy of "vanilla first, then unofficial patches/mods", though.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Screw vanilla, go with the last version of Wesp Patch. It's not like it's gonna taint your game experience. I'd go with the full patch but if you feel guilty because the Codex sissies instilled some bad ideas in your brainbox, then just use the basic version.

Voodoo Daddy

Novice
Unless the unofficial patch fixes just bugs - like Drog (Arcanum), Baldurdash (Baldur's Gate), TitanQuest.net (Extreme Paintbrawl), Thepal (Morrowind), TeamX (Fallout1), Killap (Fallout2), Qwinn (Planescape), and... *drumroll* Wesp (Bloodlines).

Unofficial patches that add crap in are recommended not to be used on your first playthrough. These include Quarn (Oblivion), Circle of 8 (Temple of Elemental Evil), and Gizka (HAHAHAHAHAHA... *ahem*). This is unfortunate because in most cases these are more buggy than the games listed above.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
If it changes the gameplay dramatically, I agree that one better play vanilla first. If it only fixes bugs, which is what the basic patch does, I do not see the point. I know I couldn't complete vanilla Temple of Elemental Evil due to memory issues and managed to finish it only by installing the Co8 patch. And the full version of wesp patch only has minor changes that have no real incidence on the game.

I believe that you can link sexual insecurity to the practice of playing all game vanilla, even if a certain mod will only fix bugs.

Edit: Co8 for ToEE lets you install only bugfixes, making optional content optional.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
poster2152067.jpg

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Can any of you fuckers read? Silellak is considering replaying the game, which means he has already played vanilla. I would suggest trying wesps full patch so you can see for yourself what shitty drama whores tessera & co. really are.

Multi-headed Cow

Someone should fully explain the Tessera drama related to the Bloodlines patch to me. I'd like to know all the seedy details.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm having currently a replaying spree of Bloodlines. With Wesps latest patch. I played Malk, Tremere and Gangrel so far. Magnificent.

Yes Wesps *patch* adds some more occult items yadda yadda yadda, it's not a *patch* baaawww, it's a mod! baaawww

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If it's a replay, definitely the plus version, which makes some tweaks and restores some content that was left out, if you wanna see some new things. The basic wesp patch is a must whether it's a first playthough or a replay. It fixes a lot of bugs still in the game.

Deleted member 7219

Use Wesp's full patch, and a resolution mod if you use a widescreen monitor.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Tolknaz said:
Can any of you fuckers read? Silellak is considering replaying the game, which means he has already played vanilla. I would suggest trying wesps full patch so you can see for yourself what shitty drama whores tessera & co. really are.
I would suggest trying vanilla over and over again. You can pretty much just take my word for it that neither version of the unofficial modpatch actually makes much in terms of mindblowing.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Matt7895 said:
Use Wesp's full patch, and a resolution mod if you use a widescreen monitor.
No need. Wesp's patch comes with widescreen patcher. It's located under gamefolder\tools\ResPatch.exe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom