Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thinking of doing a CK2 LP.

Which should it be?

• A

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • B

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • C

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • D

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • E

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • F

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

XenomorphII

Prophet
So yeah, never done a LP before, and it is a little over a month until Crusader Kings 2 comes out, and I am kinda thinking I should do a LP for the Codex. A few questions though first.

1. What is a good image uploading site to use for an LP that will probably have quite a few images?

2. Any suggestions for how to go about doing this and not sucking hard at doing a LP from the glorious veterans of the Codex?

3.Should I make this an interactive LP with voting choices every so often? (Mainly in regards to how children are raised probably, but might do more. General suggestions as to alternative things I could have people vote on would be nice.)

4. Last one probably. Who should I play as? I would appreciate suggestions, reasons for picking them, and goals I could set as them. I have been considering these(based on CK1 starting positions and a start at the earliest date) but would welcome some alternatives if there is interesting stuff to the characters and some fun goals to be set for them.

A) Hapsburg family - goal of becoming HRE, eating the Balkans/Hungry/N.Italy and putting a Hapsburg on the throne of an Iberian power.

B) Count of Vermandois (in CK1 was a descendant of Charlemagne) - goal recreate the empire of Charlemagne and rule Europe

C) Welsh Duke/Count/Whatthehellever- goal establish kingdom of Wales and conquer the British Isles (hopefully while ruled by a king named Arthur)

D) Hohenzollern family-make Germany really early

E) Count of Napoli/Spartenos family- reestablish Greek dominance in S.Italy and eventually recreate the Western Empire

F) Iberian minor (open to suggestions on who specifically)- drive back the Muslim hordes from Iberia

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd say the King of Wales thing would be the best.

Personally I'm hoping CK2 gets a good pagan playability mod ASAP when it comes out.

Vaarna_Aarne

Or Finnic pagans driving back the Catholics from Sweden and Orthodox from Novgorod. Both are represented in the game, actually, and with Tengriists and Baltic Pagans too as separate pagan religions it has a very good selection of them just screaming for modding (or a full-scale expansion).

Get in line bitch. I'm going to have a Magna Mundi AND a CK2 LP going. Maybe a Vicky 2 expansion one too.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Get in line bitch. I'm going to have a Magna Mundi AND a CK2 LP going. Maybe a Vicky 2 expansion one too.

That is good. Now if mine sucks and/or I die horribly and quickly (which I probably will since I intend to just jump in probably as a Welsh duke, and that is not a very forgiving place to be learning the game) there will be a different one going.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Hmmmm...

Based on my experiences with CK1. Either the Welsh or Iberian play-through. As a Welsh noble, the Bastard de Normandie would never let me become his vassal (even when he did, his heirs always would go for my titles and attack once they had some). As far as being a small Iberian power, well, I'm not sure how it will work this time, but in CK1 most of my games saw Muslim domination of Iberia, so unless something has changed there, it would be short.

As an added bonus, if I do the Welsh option, and seeing as this is the KKKodex (and Welsh is a tiny culture), I think I will try to keep my family culturally Welsh (so any non-Welsh family members get assassinated) and maybe even try to have all Welsh nobles ruling under me.

TripJack

Hedonist
9767.jpg

also, the idea of killing muslims sounds good go for that one

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron

The commercial version of Magna Mundi? I'm interested in those 3 games so I can't wait for those LP's :) (Unless you're talking about when they're released to everybody, in which case I guess I'll just play them myself)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Or Finnic pagans driving back the Catholics from Sweden and Orthodox from Novgorod. Both are represented in the game, actually, and with Tengriists and Baltic Pagans too as separate pagan religions it has a very good selection of them just screaming for modding (or a full-scale expansion).

My bets are on a Muslim and Pagan playable expansion by Paradox.

XenomorphII

Prophet
I expect mods to come out that have them playable, but with them being just like any other choice. Then expansions that hopefully make them officially playable with the differences between the different groups and how they worked being present, so that playing a Muslim, Christian, Pagan, whatever else, feels different from one another.

Vaarna_Aarne

The mod will probably first just include playability (hell, it might come out the day of release if the restriction is very soft), since there is obviously the standardized religious events to go around with and the standard events.

Cassidy

Arcane
Restore the Glory of the Roman Empire and drive the ragheads out of Anatolia!

Voted E obviously.

curry

Arcane
There's no point in doing an LP right after the game is released because it won't be playable before the 3rd patch. :smug:

XenomorphII

Prophet
There's no point in doing an LP right after the game is released because it won't be playable before the 3rd patch. :smug:

Normally I would probably agree, but Sengoku came out pretty well, there was needless annoyances in going about doing things in the interface, but it was easily playable (nothing like the rebel madness/jacked up capitalists of V2 at release, or the clusterfuck that was HOI3 1.0).

At any rate, if there are huge problems you all will get to see me run into them and hopefully die amusingly because of them.

Tigranes

Arcane
E, of course.

After all, CK2 is set up beautifully for a second coming of Caligula.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Use imgur. Don't use the album function. Then you will get all your images in uploaded-order with ready-made tags that you can just copy&paste into Notepad++ or whatever you use for writing the LP. If you do use the album function, it'll be a hassle to get all the individual image links because the site expects you to only link to the album.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom