Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Them Indie Developer Blues

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Because I'm not as smart as you J1M, isn't that obvious?

Yeesh said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Yes, if you want to do a kickass first-person 3D RPG you're going to need art-resources. Who would have thought.
Oh will you be nice? What does it take to melt the Codex's icy heart?

We need a warm island song to melt its icy heart!
NO we need a breezy island song to cool his fiery heart!
NO we need a warm island song...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I’ve taken the pruning sheers to SoW. What that entails is attempting to cut planned locations/environment types and shifting quests/plot to other locations (places where I already have much of the environment artwork needed).
That's a shame. I would've by far preferred more content with a lower graphic quality, but I guess at this stage cutting content or moving it is far more efficient than reducing artwork quality. Anyway keep up the good work :salute:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Even at a lower graphical quality it's very time consuming (not even counting graphic inconsistency, which is worse than lower graphical quality).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Forgive my ignorance, but is Gareth's game also being developed by ITS? I really have not read up on it that much, other than I am interested.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Procedural environment generation and palette swapping! You can do it! ;)

... well, if you rename the game into PacmanLand, at least.

bhlaab

Erudite
Consolidating locations is fine, but cutting out race selection... Yeeesh.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Jaesun said:
Forgive my ignorance, but is Gareth's game also being developed by ITS? I really have not read up on it that much, other than I am interested.
No, he's working alone now although he used to have another guy (an artist I think) helping him. As I understand ITS provides him a forum, probably serves with advice and will help with publishing and marketing when the game is closer to completion.

EvilIndie

Educated
Noooooooo!

Banalia, Shitton and Borington are cut and all that's left is Genericasia and Samplepackton? You prick!

And I thought Jay Bramson himself was the enemy of good games, amirite? No fear of perfection of any kind from anything he makes.

I know it makes me a dick but I find this very amusing since it follows on the heels of looking into hiring some artwork. So what can I get for 2200 dolla? What, some packs and 2 custom houses and a tree? What about for fully rigged animated character? Holy fuck! Er, uh, hay guise there's gonna be one character model and all the scenes will be outdoors or persian themed now mmkay?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jim Cojones said:
Jaesun said:
No, he's working alone now although he used to have another guy (an artist I think) helping him. As I understand ITS provides him a forum, probably serves with advice and will help with publishing and marketing when the game is closer to completion.

ok thank you kind sir.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
sheepw.gif
:M

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So in other words, you'll allow your game to get significantly streamlined, cut down, and simplified in order for it to be first person because you "like it." Okay.

EvilIndie

Educated
Dicksmoker said:
So in other words, you'll allow your game to get significantly streamlined, cut down, and simplified in order for it to be first person because you "like it." Okay.

There was never any gameplay there to streamline.

Lomm Cuz

Novice
EvilIndie said:
Noooooooo!

Banalia, Shitton and Borington are cut and all that's left is Genericasia and Samplepackton? You prick!

And I thought Jay Bramson himself was the enemy of good games, amirite? No fear of perfection of any kind from anything he makes.

I know it makes me a dick but I find this very amusing since it follows on the heels of looking into hiring some artwork. So what can I get for 2200 dolla? What, some packs and 2 custom houses and a tree? What about for fully rigged animated character? Holy fuck! Er, uh, hay guise there's gonna be one character model and all the scenes will be outdoors or persian themed now mmkay?
Slothcopia.png

Dicksmoker said:
Sloth_zoom.gif

Ultima-Underworld.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom