Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The writing in this game is average

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Durance insults women and other races all the time. :M
Yes, ONE character does it. I played a Death Godlike, this is what the manual says about them:

Death Godlike are the most distrusted of their kind. [...] Death Godlike are commonly killed at birth because many cultures consider them to be harbingers of doom.

So a harbinger of doom roams the land at a time when children are being born without soul and a mad lord is hanging heretics... yet no one cared. I think I got like 5-6 unique reactions, and mostly of people curious, like a kid asking how could I see without eyes. Hell, I spoke directly with the God of Death and she didn't say a single word about me being a Death Godlike!

And even people that hated me still called me "Godlike". How stupid is that? Not a single "abomination", "freak" or whatever.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
It's like someone wanted to replicate the Nameless One plot, but in that game the setting allowed for him to talk to someone and them say, "I remember you! Fuck off! You're nothing but trouble!" Or, "Yeah, I'll help you AGAIN, but I'm going to exploit you to do it." a la the stinky orb guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Well they copied the writing style from Planescape, so why stop there?
The game would have been better if the madness took over and you could talk with your other ''personality'' ,kinda like Aloth with Ishma or something like that.But you know ,that takes too much imagination...

Angthoron

Arcane

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Aloth should be replaced with more dialogue for Grieving Mother, also romance.
You want to take advantage over the poor woman misfortune? Fucking despicable dude.
I wouldn't mind hitting her between her chimes tho..
She could use something to cheer her up.

By the way, if you're a Watcher and she's a Cipher and they do mind-intmacy stuff, is that ciphersex?

Sploosh

Angthoron

Arcane
You want to take advantage over the poor woman misfortune? Fucking despicable dude.

By the way, if you're a Watcher and she's a Cipher and they do mind-intmacy stuff, is that ciphersex?

Sploosh
Don't envy my mastery over horrible puns, it's unbecoming.

Also, inbe4 MCA goes Ken Levine and demands people stop sexualizing GM because reasons.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Sploosh
Don't envy my mastery over horrible puns, it's unbecoming.

Also, inbe4 MCA goes Ken Levine and demands people stop sexualizing GM because reasons.
Still better than sexualizing a giant gray bull

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Im a monk, and no one cares, no even i care.
You meet some monks in Act 3. Maybe there's something then.

Nope, I met the guys in the Twin Elms bar place, and they didn't give a shit that I was a monk.

I played as a God-like and almost no one gave a shit about my appearance ,so who the fuck gives a shit about a baldie ?
You have too many expectations from this game dude,lower your standards and then you can give it a 9-10 like everyone else.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Nope, I met the guys in the Twin Elms bar place, and they didn't give a shit that I was a monk.

I played as a God-like and almost no one gave a shit about my appearance ,so who the fuck gives a shit about a baldie ?
You have too many expectations from this game dude,lower your standards and then you can give it a 9-10 like everyone else.

Exactly. Playing as Godlike is fucked. Either Obsi or mods will have to fix the dialogues.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Exactly. Playing as Godlike is fucked. Either Obsi or mods will have to fix the dialogues.

I doubt they can do much ,but it was hilarious when I had a conversation with someone in DF mentioning my eyes and hair,wtf dude,I had a fucking blow torch on my head.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Aloth should be replaced with an Imoen romance.

If this was a modern Bioware game, Aloth would have a epic gay romance with Eder.

Nah dude you got it wrong,Eder will be with Durance because they both have a fetish with religion and their Gods.Imagine Durance using his flaming staff on Eder firm body ,ahhh only bioware can do it ,no one else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom