Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The worst part about KotOR 2 was the title

dolio

Scholar
Dicksmoker said:
Well okay, a sequel doesn't necessarily imply continuity, but continuity does necessitate it being a sequel.
Sure. But I thought the point was that someone somewhere (I don't know who) was bitching that the sequel wasn't a direct continuation of the first game or something, only having minor references to it (of course, I'm not sure how that'd work; weren't you almost level 20 at the end of the first one? Were they going to implement epic level star wars?)

My point is, there are plenty of examples of sequels where that doesn't happen, so anyone who's pissed about that has only their own unfounded assumptions to blame.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Barghest said:
And to make things worse the TSLRP 'mod' hasn't really improved the game.

Actually it did. It made the ending part normal and restored some cutscenes throughout the game. The thing is that it works just like GTA4 port though.

Of course TG being a talentless fucks they are just like all moddies simply needed to include something from themselves which made some moments shittier.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
skyway said:
The best part of KotOR2 is that it completely shits over Bioware

As for instance the idea in KOTOR 2 to send one assassin group after another, which we've never seen in any Bioware game before...At least when Bio used it first they did it far better.

The worst part about KotOR 2 was the title

The Kotor title should be reserved for the good game that is Kotor 1 and not associated in any way with the piece of shit that is Kotor 2

racofer

Thread Incliner
The Feral Kid said:
The Kotor title should be reserved for the good game that is Kotor 1 and not associated in any way with the piece of shit that is Kotor 2, which ultimately led to it becoming a fucking MMO.

Agreed.

Worm King said:
Thrasher said:
RPGs should not be all about combat. What's the thing that keeps most people from finishing an RPG? Tedious, repetitve, boring combat.

Thankfully KoTOR 2 only had that at the very end.

Except you forget the whole escape from Telos. The worst dungeon I have had the displeasure of crawling in. I'm trying to think of a worse dungeon but I'm unable to.

I have had this idea for mods. They would basically cut out all of the unnecessary fat and just give players the rewards and experience they would get by crawling. Dungeons are often the main reason why I don't replay some RPGs.

If memory serves Telos was a mining station. How do you make a mining station that is not boring?

The Feral Kid

Prophet
skyway said:
The Feral Kid said:
At least when Bio used it first they did it far better.

Just like their mature writing

Which again is better than the emofaggot babbling that is Kotor 2, with the generic and devoid of any personality companions and masquerade-like Darth Clownius as enemies.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes they surely are devoid of personality - I mean they don't act like you expect them to - like with those bright personalities like the princess-in-distress/muahaha-villain and they certainly don't go all emo on you with their undoubtfully (it's Bioware) hard past. OMG noone understands me I'm such a lonely lesbo.
OMG I was betrayed so much. I won't trust anyone. But you.
If anything KotOR1 is one big BAAAAW
Even fucking Malak goes all emo after you deliver the finishing blow in the end.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Worst part of KOTOR2 is how overrated it is. Best part of KOTOR2 is it's a good game about equal with KOTOR1. There's no difference between the two worth mentioning. *shrug*

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Volourn said:
There's no difference between the two worth mentioning. *shrug*

Not even the fact that you revisit the same areas only this time they feel emptier, more generic and less polished? Like a poorly executed expansion.

Kotor 2 shows sketchiness throughout the game, not just the ending, and is also a reminder of Obsidian's limited capabilities for such a task at the time.

kenney bounces

Liturgist
Uhh i thought kotor 2 sucked. Boring storyline that had very little to no relation to the first kotor. Then throw in characters who were boring, whiny, and uninteresting as part of your team. Snore...

Kotor 1 at least had an engrossing storyline. The characters were corny in a star wars way, but they were somewhat memorable. When i finally finished kotor, i felt i had a good time overall and would recommend it to my friends.

When i finished kotor 2, i felt robbed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
kenney bounces said:
Boring storyline

:lol:

that had very little to no relation to the first kotor.

oh teh noez D:

Then throw in characters who were boring, whiny, and uninteresting as part of your team.

Yeah, Carth, Bastilla, Mission and Juhani sure were whiny and uninteresting in kotor2... oh wait.

Kotor 1 at least had an engrossing storyline

Ayup. 'BAD GUY WANTS TO RULE THE UNIVERSE'. Engrossing as fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom