Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The wonderful world of Fallout 3

MetalCraze

Arcane
I really f'ing needed that.
you wanted to say fucking?

I'll imagine the car in it has a radio station playing Ink Spots nonstop. That way I know it's really Fallout.

That radio got teh cool and 1337 DJ btw

Hazelnut

Erudite
At least that's what, I heard, they do it in Alliance Pride.

Should be either "At least that's what, I heard, they do in Alliance Pride." or "At least that's how, I heard, they do it in Alliance Pride."

Also, not enough about some of the most ludicrous stuff like drinking water from toilets that haven't worked for many decades. The behemoth etc.

Oh, and QFT:

Astromarine said:
lurk moar newfags.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hazelnut said:
At least that's what, I heard, they do it in Alliance Pride.

Should be either "At least that's what, I heard, they do in Alliance Pride." or "At least that's how, I heard, they do it in Alliance Pride."
Thanks. Originally it was "how", but then I replaced it with what for some reasons and forgot to remove "it".

Also, not enough about some of the most ludicrous stuff like drinking water from toilets that haven't worked for many decades. The behemoth etc.
The behemoth is mentioned, I believed.

Anyway, if anyone feels that I missed something important and/or wants to contribute, please post quotes with links here and I'll update the article. The requirements are simple: facts or very specific statements.

MetalCraze

Arcane
what about the new exciting way to heal your wounds by drinking from toilet bowls?

It was in the very first preview by that whore-magazine... GameInwhoremer or something

Vault Dweller

Developer
Games Are Fun: "...the key to restoring health is to find the cleanest water you can (sometimes that may be out of a used toilet bowl, as Bethesda eagerly displayed)."

Will do or is there a better quote?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I remember in the NMA preview there was a pessage which managed better to capture the whole idiocy represented by this toilet water thing.
I'll try to find it.

Here it is (from page 2 of the NMA demo walktrough)
Entering the toilet there, Hines announces he can take another sip of water as he is hurt, but not hurt enough to warrant use of a stimpak. Despite the fact that the toilet is obviously filthy and might be full of germs or at least somewhat unhealthy, Hines notes "water from the toilet actually has the least amount of radiation per health," as it is underground, as opposed to the fire hydrant.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Entering the toilet there, Hines announces he can take another sip of water as he is hurt, but not hurt enough to warrant use of a stimpak. Despite the fact that the toilet is obviously filthy and might be full of germs or at least somewhat unhealthy, Hines notes "water from the toilet actually has the least amount of radiation per health," as it is underground, as opposed to the fire hydrant.

This is the most idiotic thing I've heard today. TftC :salute:
It will do :)

Vault Dweller

Developer
Added another quote to "Decisions, decisions..." and "I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" chapter.

Grafo

Augur
VD said:
Guns. Guns never change... Well, they kinda did, to be honest. It's a know fact that Todd likes monkey cock.

Learn2spell noob.

MetalCraze

Arcane
If Bethesda just stopped bethesding nice franchises I simply would start to want more and more readings about them. Especially when I'm in a bad mood.
Actually learning something new about bethesda gaining higher and higher levels of retardness could result in turning bad mood into good mood. Or even into worst mood evar, which actually not such a bad thing. Because then I can come to codex and write this shit.

Vault Dweller

Developer
It's been confirmed several times before.

RPGamer: "...a damaged weapon would perform more poorly in terms of damage per second."

DPS stat is a Fallout game? They talk about tactics and rare ammo that should be preserved, but then they throw DPS at you, which is something that's associated with games like Diablo where you press a button and don't let go until everyone is dead.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore, Toddy

you forgot to add here nucular catapult and 5 nukes required to kill behemoth and also anti-nuclear fallout magic phone-booths that can cover you from nuclear mushrooms caused by exploding cars (and that's in the world where people need electricity you blow NUCLEAR ENERGY SOURCES, which obviously can be used for greater good, just to kill some orks)

and that just for 25c!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even Diablo doesn't have DPS stats. It has DAMAGE and SPEED, with speed indicated as a non-numerical value.

DPS is for automatic weapons in FPS.

Chefe

Erudite
It's good to know that most of their budget is being blown on voice actors again. It worked out so well for Oblivion.

Amirite?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
We'll continue updating the article, adding new facts as they became available, until the game is released, so drop by every now and then to see what's new and exciting.

A shame this will never happen now. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom