Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Wolf Among Us - Fables Telltale adventure game

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Surprising everyone it seems the creator turned Fables into public domain.
https://screenrant.com/fables-public-domain-willingham-statement-wolf-among-us/

In a shock statement, Bill Willingham - the creator of beloved comic series Fables - has released the franchise into public domain. Citing a breakdown in his relationship with DC Comics - who he recently revealed he'd fired during the ongoing publication of Fables' new continuation, 'The Black Forest,' - Willingham has shared a press release that reveals his reasons and the details of his acrimonious split from DC.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Surprising everyone it seems the creator turned Fables into public domain.
https://screenrant.com/fables-public-domain-willingham-statement-wolf-among-us/

In a shock statement, Bill Willingham - the creator of beloved comic series Fables - has released the franchise into public domain. Citing a breakdown in his relationship with DC Comics - who he recently revealed he'd fired during the ongoing publication of Fables' new continuation, 'The Black Forest,' - Willingham has shared a press release that reveals his reasons and the details of his acrimonious split from DC.
open source furry shit the possibilities are endless

it took me only 11 years to finally try this, i'm starting to deal better with my depression.
anyway, holy crap, the single parts of this game are a torture: unnecessary walking, terrible controls, wobbling ui, qtes everywhere... then it seems that the adult themes like justice and violence are written by a child with very little grasp on them, like the toad interrogation which was more akin to an interaction between monnezza and venticello ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrvz--aUYnM ) but is treated like some horrifying abuse, or the constant "oh my god, he was going to kill you and you're totally a monster if you defend yourself with the same force!!1!".
this interactive show is a total masterpiece, it's somehow worth more than the multiplication of its parts. i loved the visuals (but not women's hands, they were awkward and belonged to midgets), a lot of choices that maybe didn't matter much in the grand scheme but still somewhat could be felt, i even liked the story with a turn at every corner.
i had high expectations for this, i didn't expect it to turn out to be *this* good.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sequel in developement
barely any changes in the artstyle

GLe5WNZWAAEcOKH
GLe5XoRWkAAJjDm
GLe5ZB7WgAAsWSZ
GLe5advWoAEqOxU

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I like the original artstyle and am glad they're keeping it but there's something a bit off-putting about the colour balance in those screenshots. Hopefully it's something they can tweak though.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well good to know they are not kapput after deciding to make ESG Exclusive with IP nobody really cares about (The Expanse)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom