Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher system reqs.

bhlaab

Erudite
The problem is that TW doesn't have very many options for fine tuning compared to, say, Crysis, which allows you to tweak every single graphic variable

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was able to play it flawlessly with a 7900 GS, Pentium D 2.80 GHz CPU, and 2.5 GB of RAM, most the settings on high.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
NiM82 said:
bhlaab said:
I have an 8800gt and its pretty choppy. Bad engine.

It ran like a dream on my 8800GT, pre Enhanced Edition anyway.

Yeah, i'm calling bullshit. Twitcher ran fine on my old 7800gtx at 1680x1050, only thing it struggled with was depth of field, the kind of effect my 8800gt eats for breakfast now.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
And as for the loading times: I found they decreased immensely after patching to 1.2. They are a complete non-issue now. This thread is the first occasion I see someone claiming otherwise.

bhlaab

Erudite
Update: I got my gtx275 today and witcher still runs at 26 fps average so i dont know what the fuck

Morrowind still runs like shit too

heiamll

Novice
bhlaab said:
Update: I got my gtx275 today and witcher still runs at 26 fps average so i dont know what the fuck

what kind of cpu? how much memory? youve grabbed the latest drivers right?

Monocause

Arcane
OT: A certain well-known local horse has still failed to deliver the most SERIOUS review ever.

bhlaab

Erudite
heiamll said:
bhlaab said:

core 2 at 2.33 ghz (not great but good enough) and 3gb ram
latest beta drivers

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
bhlaab said:
heiamll said:
bhlaab said:

core 2 at 2.33 ghz (not great but good enough) and 3gb ram
latest beta drivers

latest beta drivers

Rhalle

Magister
It's way better than what Obsidian did with Aurora, but it's still a resource hog.

C2D 3.2, 4 Gigs, 8800GTX @ 1680 x 1050; never runs really great outdoors and when you hit the swamp and the fancy district in act 3 it turns into a slog. Must admit it does look pretty decent, though.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Must be something with your NVidia cards, or not enough video ram. C2D E8400, 4Gb, ATI 4850 1Gb runs absolutely perfect at 1680x1050. When I still had a Athlon XP 3200 and a 6800, it was different story, practically unplayable.

Loading times are fine with EE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom