Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher :: Super-Mega Fucking Awesome Edition

MetalCraze

Arcane
CDP knows their shit. It has been 2 years and instead of releasing something new they continue to re-release the same game. Except with uncensored b00biez.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
DriacKin said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I felt very sorry for our north-american friends, because they were deprived of the full glory of boobs and hairy dryad-pussies TW delivered so willingly. This grave injustice comes to an end now.

Actually, you could just download a mod to replace some of the textures with hot nude dryad... even if you had the NA version

That truely reliefs me. I really thought you were completely missing out on something that significant.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They've got to be kidding. Ridiculous. I don't understand this business model of theirs.

Rhalle

Magister
It's kind of nice to see them floundering in this ridiculous bullshit.

My love for CDP died when they pulled that stunt with the announcement of RotWW and went full retard with the console-hype and PRspeak.

Perhaps they will learn their lesson and get to making Witcher 2 for PC, instead of working on that whole we're a multiplatform, digital distribution Polish money-gobbling juggernaut thing they've been trying to do for a year or so now.

bat_boro

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
CDP knows their shit. It has been 2 years and instead of releasing something new they continue to re-release the same game.

Bethesda did the same thing with Oblivion => FO 3, more or less.
Seems CPR are learning from the best.

Silellak

Cipher
I hope VD doesn't borrow their business model. We may laugh now, but we won't be laughing when we all download Age of Decadence - The Extended Director's Cut, Enhanced Edition

aleph

Arcane
Silellak said:
I hope VD doesn't borrow their business model. We may laugh now, but we won't be laughing when we all download Age of Decadence - The Extended Director's Cut, Enhanced Edition

As if Age of Decadence will ever get a release.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Well, as much as I was enthusiast about CDPR, even after the announcement of RotWW, I'm no expecting much from them now.

It was ridiculous the first time around, with the "Enhanced" Edition nonsense.
Now, it's a circus.

Then again, I couldn't even drudge through the original to see what could possibly compel one to buy it a third time (well, except psychological problems).
Will be interesting to see the figures after a few months, since it's unlikely they haven't covered their profitable audience with their first two game.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Brother None said:
Elwro said:
But the problem is this: if CDP had something interesting to show the world, they'd most probably have already shown it, to counteract the rumors and the company being in bad condition. The fact that they keep going on about the Witcher's "Now It's Finally How It Was Originally Supposed To Be But Watch The Headlines Next Month" Editions suggests some deeper trouble.

Oh yeah. Word is they're fucked. No surprise there, really.

Isn't gog somehow tied to CDP? What'll happen to that?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Shoelip said:
Brother None said:
Elwro said:
But the problem is this: if CDP had something interesting to show the world, they'd most probably have already shown it, to counteract the rumors and the company being in bad condition. The fact that they keep going on about the Witcher's "Now It's Finally How It Was Originally Supposed To Be But Watch The Headlines Next Month" Editions suggests some deeper trouble.

Oh yeah. Word is they're fucked. No surprise there, really.

I don't think they are in that big of a trouble to shut down a site that ( I assume ) brings them profit. I doubt they need some large sums of money to keep GOG running.

made

Arcane
RK47 said:
I don't understand this business model of theirs.
Lack of funding for any future projects; trying to squezze what they can out of their only major product. They must be in pretty deep shit for a desperate move like that. That doesn't bode well for a Witcher sequel (if any).:(

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Shoelip said:

Well, GOG is tied to the publisher CDP, not the developer CDP:Red. Red seems to be well and truly fucked as an expensive underfunded studio, but I'm not sure on how CDP is doing overall (probably not that well, most publishers are doing badly right now).

And that means it depends upon whether or not GOG has become profitable by now. And honestly, I have no idea if it has or not.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
made said:
RK47 said:
I don't understand this business model of theirs.
Lack of funding for any future projects; trying to squezze what they can out of their only major product. They must be in pretty deep shit for a desperate move like that. That doesn't bode well for a Witcher sequel (if any).:(

That's what DLC / Expansion packs are for. Not a fucking full package of the same $60 game with about $5-10 of added value in forms of quests, patch and voiceovers. That's just insulting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's like selling Witcher is like a blowjob to them, and they just can't get off.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Now featuring MORE nudity? I still have not picked this up (the whole b00bies and sex card thing, just turned me off... granted you can just ignore it), now I have more reason not to buy it. Oh well, apparently I am better off not have played this at all.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Now featuring MORE nudity? I still have not picked this up (the whole b00bies and sex card thing, just turned me off... granted you can just ignore it), now I have more reason not to buy it. Oh well, apparently I am better off not have played this at all.

Actually I think the whole boobies and sex card thing is what they're adding in this release. They were censored in previous North American releases, and this Director's Cut seems to be only for NA.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Jaesun said:

You would've so bought it if it had male nudity.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Jaesun said:
It seems like TW didn't have enough dicks for you.

mondblut

Arcane
But they are releasing it 4 free!!!!!!!one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom