Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Witcher interview at the Codex

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
elander_ said:
But do you realy believe this is what is going to hapen in the witcher? Looking at recent Bioware games im not very confident about that. They may have good ideas but they still have Bioware at their backs demanding a game that sells and paying their salaries. Even so Fallout had this moral ambiguity and multi-solution aproach to quests in every city and almost every quest. Im not very confident to what level will this be implemented in the witcher.

Well that remains to be seen, and we can only definatly say when the game is released.
All I said is based on their answers in the interview, if what they say is true and will work out in the finish game, I don't know. I hope so.

And I think they only licensed the engine from BioWare, they are not affiliated with them in any way.

suibhne

Erudite
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
And I think they only licensed the engine from BioWare, they are not affiliated with them in any way.

I thought Bioware was originally going to help with some of the production or publishing? It may have changed by now, but Bio certainly promoted The Witcher early on, including giving the game some space at E3 or another trade show.

Maybe they just wanted to pimp their engine.

Anyway, I obviously take CDProjekt's word for it. :wink:

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Apparently there is The Witcher Week going on at the IGN. I have seen a new "making of" video just now and it looks good, especially in the end.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
BIO has nothing to do with The Witcher outside of licensing the engine, and and a little bit of hype they gave it a few years ago. LOL

They shouldn't be blamed or congratulated on how the game eventually turns out. Much like it be silly for people to praise (or bash) the poor company who licensed the engine BIO is using for Mass Effect either.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom