Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 script is 450,000 words| 950 v actors| 2,5 years recording

made

Arcane
VA in the Polish version is great for major characters (Baron, Yen, Geralt - even if Rozenek apparently forgot how to pronounce "Wyzima") but side characters fall flat, the trolls in particular sound really lame. I understand they harnessed the voice talent of Youtubers for those so I'm sure the English version is vastly improved by the likes of Angry Joe and PDP.

GrapeJam

Novice
450k words eh?

As well written as the story is, the overall plot of the main story is weak, cliche and bland as hell, compared to the earlier Witcher games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's 50,000 more words than Dragon Age II, but 50,000 fewer than Inquisition. :)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That's 50,000 more words than Dragon Age II, but 50,000 fewer than Inquisition. :)

Really? I wouldn't be surprised if Inquisition had way more altogether considering how much they fluffed it up with War Table mission descriptions. I kinda feel sorry for interns who had to write those only for most people to skip them because that's exactly what they were - fluff just there to fill your screen with something.

Gerrard

Arcane
And yet you hear the same fucking NPC dialogues over and over again. The village in White Orchard is best example, but it happens all throughout the game. Even better, after returning to WO I hear a woman "At least the griffin doesn't fly when it rains." thanks so much for that world reactivity.

Once again it turns out that it's not the quantity that matters.

Perkel

Arcane

Really? I wouldn't be surprised if Inquisition had way more altogether considering how much they fluffed it up with War Table mission descriptions. I kinda feel sorry for interns who had to write those only for most people to skip them because that's exactly what they were - fluff just there to fill your screen with something.

Yeah 90% of text is shitty wartable notes. That sometimes are like half of A4 with next to no substance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom