Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3: Q&A Podcast + Screenshots

Tytus

Arcane

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The devs never mentioned VATS. So everybody ITT who said that W3 will have that is a dumbfuck idiot, who deserves to be buttfucked.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
So its going to be a better looking version of Skyrim but with a better artistic style (a more dark european fantasy look), much better story and dialogue, better combat and less hand holding (probably). I dont see how this is a bad thing.

Harold

Arcane
The Hype of Skyrim shall perish
But in its death it shall spawn a score of belgian & potato progeny
Chaos will be sown from their popamole
So sayeth the wise
:hearnoevil:

Micmu

Magister
I agree. The shit of all shit games of all time. Maybe even shittier than shitter 2, these guys are on a right track emulating betshitsda.
Let them be Amalur'ed :) :)

Tytus

Arcane
I agree. The shit of all shit games of all time. Maybe even shittier than shitter 2, these guys are on a right track emulating betshitsda.
Let them be Amalur'ed :) :)

AwesomeCenter-AngryDoctor.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
Witcher 3 will be a Skyrim without bethesda trademark retardedness, the combat probably will be better (at least you have to dodge sometimes), they said that they are fixing the rolling wich means that the game isn't going to be a rolling simulator anymore, no more QTEs, no level scaling, investigate monsters weakness, being able to aim different body parts is different than VATS (VATS was shitty because of the Bethesda usual incompetence, but the concept is interesting), judging by Witcher 2 the art design will be way better than the generic epicness of Skyrim . I didn't heard anything horrible yet, I don't understand the negativity... oh .... I forgot, Edgy Codex, when trying harder isn't enough.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What CDProjekt were saying: We're combining all the story-focus of The Witcher with all the openness of Skyrim!

What CDProjekt was showing: Pictures of a game that looked like Skyrim.

What CDProjekt is saying now: Yeah, you're going to see less of the characters... and repeatable quests...

What CDProjekt cannot do: Make locations half as detailed or the story half as complex while simultaneously working on Skyrim-esque huge world project, they don't have endless money.

What CDProjekt is ultimately making: Skyrim.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, I should add that another thing the podcast said is that those screenshots are actually made using the Witcher 2 engine. The released game will look (even) better.

MasPingon

Arcane
Who want to bet none of TW3 locations will look as good as this? Fucking 6 years ago, Aurora engine

8-2122_1.jpg

Places_Vizima_Trade_Quarter.png

witcher1.jpg

I don't give a damn about dx11 support, just give me similar level of location detail. Sadly, even looking at TW2, you can say those guys being responsible for locations design are long gone

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Location design got nothing to do with it. Console memory limitations do.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
What CDProjekt were saying: We're combining all the story-focus of The Witcher with all the openness of Skyrim!

What CDProjekt was showing: Pictures of a game that looked like Skyrim.

What CDProjekt is saying now: Yeah, you're going to see less of the characters... and repeatable quests...

What CDProjekt cannot do: Make locations half as detailed or the story half as complex while simultaneously working on Skyrim-esque huge world project, they don't have endless money.

What CDProjekt is ultimately making: Skyrim.

I don't think they are shooting for Skyrim. I am certain they started with Skellige for marketing reasons.

I think that you could combine open-worldedness with a decent storytelling. The only thing I am concerned about is the scale of the thing - the world 20% bigger than Bethesda's last game is impossible with the assets they have. So there are two ways to deal with the problem: scale the whole thing down or make an empty wasteland with little interaction and gameplay.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think that you could combine open-worldedness with a decent storytelling.

Sure, but that's not what they're gonna do.

Repeatable quests in The Witcher? Fuck no. I'm willing to bet you that this monster-hunting they've been talking up is a quest per town where you do some QTEs to find the monster (hold X to check the tracks) and then go kill it.

If they were just doing big-ass world, very small concentrated doses of content in clusters within it, then yeah, it might be doable. But that's not what they're talking about doing.

I am getting seriously skeptical about this game the more I read about it. And hell, I don't demand that much from The Witcher in the first place. Just gimme some medieval Bond-shit with a complex story and interesting characters and I'm good. Sure, I can dream about what I'd rather want, but II worked pretty well with just that, even if it axed the only good parts of the gameplay the series had in I.

But this? Man, I sincerely doubt it'll turn out as a good story-driven game.

Storyfag, you're our main man in the world of The Witcher... What's your 10 cents?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom